Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Defective products from Vitacost

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 nancyd

• 249 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 02:15 AM

I would love to order my supplements online and get a discount like others. I tried Vitacost 2 times. The last time one bottle didn't have a lid on it. The pills in the other bottle were covered in a slimey substance. When I get that same product from my health food store the pills are completely dry. Also each time I ordered the labels on the bottle were askew. It made me think the products could be counterfeit. So how are other people having luck with this? I'm thinking of trying iherb next.

Edited by nancyd, 10 February 2009 - 02:17 AM.

#2 FunkOdyssey

• 3,443 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 02:44 AM

Can you provide some additional detail? Its important for us to know specifically which brand and which product you ordered. Were they NSI brand? Because if not, then the problem is not unique to Vitacost.

If they were NSI brand, then I would understand because they have failed Consumer Labs tests (did not have content as described on label) and they seem like a shady outfit in general.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#3 nancyd

• Topic Starter
  • 249 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 02:58 AM

Both products in my last order were Jarrows brand. When I purchase from the store that brand seems fine. I called Jarrows and they said Vitacost is an authorized seller of their products. I was thinking maybe Vitacost sells more than they purchase by trying to recreate the appearance of the pills/labels.

Edited by nancyd, 10 February 2009 - 03:03 AM.

#4 FunkOdyssey

• 3,443 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 03:08 AM

Jarrow is a super reputable brand, maybe Vitacost is handling the product poorly. I buy several Jarrow products every month from iherb and they are in perfect condition, in fact all brands/products I have ever ordered from iherb have been fine.

#5 nameless

• 2,268 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 04:34 AM

I recommend iHerb for your next order too. I've never had a single problem with them.

Sorta weird to get an opened product, and a slimy one from Vitacost, and it wasn't even their house brand. I avoid all NSI products as I simply don't trust them, even if they state they use specific extracts. But it's odd they messed up on a Jarrow product.

Was it something that had to be kept at a certain temperature? That's the only reason I can think of for the slimy pills. As for the bottle not having a lid, that's really inexcusable. Actually, slimy pills are inexcusable too.

I recommend you contact Jarrow again, give them all the info, including the batch numbers (if they are on the bottles), order dates, the fact you got it from Vitacost, etc. A good manufacturer will look into it for you (and get you replacements too). Even if Jarrow messed up, Vitacost should never ship supplements without lids on them.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#6 ajnast4r

• Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 February 2009 - 04:40 AM

Jarrow was definately not the problem... They are top notch. If jarrow says they are not authorized that leads me to believe jarrow is not selling them the product... So who knows where it comes from.

Stay away from vitacost... Iherb almost always has better prices, and their shipping and customer service is superior.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users