Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Supplier concern

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 steelsky

• 412 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 10:06 AM

Anyone heard about discountanabolics.com?

I've purchased several items from them, one have arrived today (sublutiamine 30g).
The product is in a generic white container, onto which was taped a printed color sticker of 1FAST400 (the stated brand which I've purchased), onto which still are printed text stickers - one stating the substance, one having the barcode and one having the supplement facts (quantities).
When I've scraped the text stickers, it appears that they cover blank white rectangles on the color sticker.

This is EXTREMELY suspecious.
Is this how the usual 1FAST400 products marketed?
How can I be certain of the content of the container (mostly if it is safe to use,but also if it is indeed the declared substance)?
Anyone else received something like this, from this or other supplier?

Please help.

#2 dupez

• 115 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 01:38 PM

yes, it means they are receiving it in bulk and re-seal it in smaller containers to sell to you

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#3 bgwithadd

• 820 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 04:53 PM

Post a pic of it. The normal 1fast400 packaging is pretty generic these days (and has little labels on top showing what it is).

#4 skinniest200

• 69 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 08:24 PM

Yeah, that's the standard labeling on 1FAST400/Bulknutrition products, I've got like 20 of them and they all come that way.

#5 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 07:34 AM

Neither company provides independent COAs so what do you care what the product looks like anyway? Do you see the failure of logic?

#6 steelsky

• Topic Starter
  • 412 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 09:56 AM

Here's their reply:

Thank you for your email. Please note that the 1Fast400 line only comes with a sticker on the package, no more and no less. As far as if we are an official provider of the product, yes we are, otherwise we would not be able to sell the products in the way that we do. As far as the confirmation goes, you will need to contact 1Fast400 online to verify that we are an authorized dealer as they have no number that I have seen, all of thier business is done online.

Have a great day!
Stephen
DA Nutrition
720-200-5798

#7 steelsky

• Topic Starter
  • 412 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 05:57 AM

Here's their reply:

Thank you for your email. Please note that the 1Fast400 line only comes with a sticker on the package, no more and no less. As far as if we are an official provider of the product, yes we are, otherwise we would not be able to sell the products in the way that we do. As far as the confirmation goes, you will need to contact 1Fast400 online to verify that we are an authorized dealer as they have no number that I have seen, all of thier business is done online.

Have a great day!
Stephen
DA Nutrition
720-200-5798

Anyone thinks this is a sufficient reply?

#8 bgwithadd

• 820 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 10:07 AM

http://www.amazon.co...p...2200&sr=8-5

This is how they look now, but squatter.

#9 steelsky

• Topic Starter
  • 412 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 04:31 PM

http://www.amazon.co...p...2200&sr=8-5

This is how they look now, but squatter.

The sticker wrapping the container seems the same, but the substance name, and the fact were not printed on that sticker, but rather on additional black and white stickers... which when pulled off revealed white rectangles printed on the original (vertical) sticker where the name and facts should be. Also, the sticker looked like it was printed with a home printer.

But maybe that's the way to perform. You tell me.

#10 Guacamolium

• 747 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 07:05 AM

Way back in the day - besides walking miles to school and back in the snow uphill both ways - 1fast actually would print out their labels with regular xerox paper and scotch tape them to the containers to cut costs. Looks like they're going back to cost cutting ways due to whatever reasons. I've seen reviews where a few claim that it isn't the supplement at all from a visual and affect sense, but those seem few and far between. Hell, I've received bunk inositol from them before, but the labeling was completely fine. China's QC standards sometime slip through the cracks.

#11 steelsky

• Topic Starter
  • 412 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 04:04 PM

Way back in the day - besides walking miles to school and back in the snow uphill both ways - 1fast actually would print out their labels with regular xerox paper and scotch tape them to the containers to cut costs. Looks like they're going back to cost cutting ways due to whatever reasons. I've seen reviews where a few claim that it isn't the supplement at all from a visual and affect sense, but those seem few and far between. Hell, I've received bunk inositol from them before, but the labeling was completely fine. China's QC standards sometime slip through the cracks.

So should my mind be rest at ease regarding the substance itself? And its quality?

#12 Guacamolium

• 747 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 07:17 AM

So should my mind be rest at ease regarding the substance itself? And its quality?

OK, taste the powder.

Does it taste like Pyritinol? If you haven't tasted Pyritinol, then does it taste really horrible in small amounts and is not very water soluble when mixed? If yes to those, when you then take it does your urine smell like it? If yes, then you have sulbutiamine in your hands. The purity of it is another question entirely.

Usually as a dietary product the companies have standards by which they remove the harmful chemicals used to synthesize it because it is intended for human consumption by the buyer. (1fast400)
That is a grave liability on their part to cut corners on that part of the synthesis because of the lawsuits and stigma that would attract. Doesn't mean it's non-existent though..

#13 steelsky

• Topic Starter
  • 412 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 12:13 PM

OK, taste the powder.

Does it taste like Pyritinol? If you haven't tasted Pyritinol, then does it taste really horrible in small amounts and is not very water soluble when mixed? If yes to those, when you then take it does your urine smell like it? If yes, then you have sulbutiamine in your hands. The purity of it is another question entirely.

Usually as a dietary product the companies have standards by which they remove the harmful chemicals used to synthesize it because it is intended for human consumption by the buyer. (1fast400)
That is a grave liability on their part to cut corners on that part of the synthesis because of the lawsuits and stigma that would attract. Doesn't mean it's non-existent though..

I didn't smell the urine but hell does it taste bad, even in minute amounts.

As for liability and such, I'd trust the largest company (since it makes sense they're much more subjected to scrutiny, even circumstantially by few clients). 1fast400 seems like such a company, regardless of selling substances as pills or powders. It's just that their investment in packaging should be upgraded cause it looks pretty amateurish.

Updating - I've receiving a batch of Oxiracetam (from 1fast400, as powder). Same package deal (stickers and low quality printing). The substance in the jar looks more like sugar, as opposed to the sublutiamine which looks more like flour.

#14 Guacamolium

• 747 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 02:01 PM

Oxiracetam resembles glucuronolactone on a visual level - if you have any of that to compare it to. It's very granular compared to piracetam. Sulbutiamine resembles aniracetam more as it's a fluffy powder that isn't water soluble.

#15 bgwithadd

• 820 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 12:36 AM

That's just how their packaging is as we've been telling you....

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#16 Mike M

• 404 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 10:45 PM

There are currently 230 items made for the 1fast400 line. I used to own 1fast400/bulknutrition.com. I sold it back in 2006. By the middle of next year, all products with have their own labels. Generic labels were made for the 9 different container sizes and them smaller labels from there. To do a true label as you know it for each product, would cost roughly 100k dollars. That's a lot to swallow at one time. It's being done over time, just not all at once.

As far as the guy saying they can't get a COA, you can get it on any product made. Just email to ask. Funny how people tend to forget I was the one that got sued 7 different times for testing other people's products.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users