• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

The big bang

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jonathan007

• 16 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 03:15 PM

Large Haydron colliedor

http://www.boston.co...n_collider.html

Has anyone seen this yet ? Its a machine i think that can cause big bangs to happen by blasting particles together.

First of all someone already created a big bang in the universe we know that it happened some time ago and the scientists behind this experiment are interested in studying the first signs of life or the beginning of the big bang.

My question is this would this machine be used to reset the universe to start the planetary system all over again on a different setting or is it just actually a very small machine that is used to study the building blocks of life itself ?

Somebody already started a big bang for whatever reasons so i see no reason why some nutter would not use a machine like this one to repeat the sequence only this time building life on different principles .....

........Like immortaliy universe for example lol

Edited by jonathan007, 07 March 2009 - 03:16 PM.

#2 Cyberbrain

• Guest, F@H
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 05:58 PM

Large Haydron colliedor

http://www.boston.co...n_collider.html

Nice link!

Has anyone seen this yet ?

Yes, it's been heavily discussed here on imminst.

Its a machine i think that can cause big bangs to happen by blasting particles together.

Umm, actually it's a machine that creates conditions like that after the big bang, it doesn't actually recreate or create a big bang.

First of all someone already created a big bang in the universe we know that it happened some time ago

If by someone you mean the two membranes of two parallel universes colliding who's resulting collisional energy resulted in the formation of our universe 13.7 billion years ago, then I think we're all on the same page here ;)

and the scientists behind this experiment are interested in studying the first signs of life or the beginning of the big bang.

Again, they're not doing either. They're recreating conditions after the big bang so as to see if the can discover a sub atomic particle called the Higgs Boson (among other things). If this particle is found it would mean we're one step closer to having a unified theory of everything.

My question is this would this machine be used to reset the universe to start the planetary system all over again on a different setting or is it just actually a very small machine that is used to study the building blocks of life itself ?

I don't think you have to worry about anything. It's just a small machine to study sub atomic particles :)

#3 jonathan007

• Topic Starter
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 02:45 PM

Thank you for bringing me up to date on things ;)

I thought that machine could be dangerous and could cause a massive explosion or something lol

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 forever freedom

• 2,362 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 05:09 PM

Thank you for bringing me up to date on things :p

I thought that machine could be dangerous and could cause a massive explosion or something lol

Of course, and you thought the scientist behind it receiving funding from the government were all planning our doom or were so incredibly stupid to not consider this (im)possible outcome ;)

#5 jonathan007

• Topic Starter
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 08:57 PM

no i thought that the story was that it COULD cause a big bang using this machine. I thought I read somewhere that the
experiment they were doing was very dangerous like it could cause a big bang or a black hole etc

#6 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 10:58 AM

Thats what I thought the story was too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users