Photo
- - - - -

The Teme Foundation

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 modelcadet

• 443 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 07:31 PM

Our home is http://temetics.org. The Teme Foundation is a not for profit organization of undergraduates for undergraduates. Teme is creating a workflow and funding system for grants and scholarships in undergraduate research projects, specifically relating to applications of information technology.
I will announce here when we have major releases. If you'd like to help, we're looking for enthusiastic people from manifold backgrounds. Contact me for all inquiries.

#2 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 12:08 AM

I could be wrong but, now you see, here with a topic like this, people that are all gung ho for programming and agi and stuff probably wont be very tempted to click on this topic. Even if they did, even though your wording is accurate, Im not sure that it speaks "to" them.

I mean, what I would try is a topic in the computer science section with a topic like, "Do you have any ideas on AGI programming? - What do you know about this stuff?"

Then inside I would write something like maybe, "We want to give you money to work on AGI projects. If your interested then pm me and or express interest here and we will get back to you. Tell us what you know here."

It seems like that would speak to more people, more straightforwardly and to the point with less jargon and appeal to their ego and to the whats in it for them factor. I mean, if nothing else youll probably hook a bunch of them into the topic because they want to gloat about the fact that they know about this stuff, but thats a good thing. Thats how you collect the people that are into what you need help with. Sometimes you have to stop them at the door and push them into the store like that, so to speak.

I could be wrong though, I dont know for sure.

#3 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 12:21 AM

Again, I could be wrong, and maybe I would find a deeper quagmire than I see if I got into it, but if you abandon this or it doesnt work out for you then Im planning on suggesting that ImmInst form a drupal page called ImmInst AGI for ULS, (Unlimited Lifespans) Undergraduate Research Initiative. If a student finds it then we can propose a grant for them to help. The student would work it into their semester, not sure how you do that really, they suggest it to their professor as an independant research elective or something like that right? and then the student would get like, I have no idea really but maybe, $100 to input data into open biomind for a semester. I would hope that you could guide and advice the students on that process.

This drupal page will sit there with its bit of structure, and then as other projects come along then they can be added from there. In the mean time though we will be helping open bio mind, we will have a potential place to absorb agi peoples ambitions for the cause, and we will have potential small successes to add to ImmInst.

So thats what Im going to do if you dont take it any farther. But in light of that, the question nags me, whats stopping you from doing that? It seems like its ready to go, just direct students to it, dont fret over it, like nike says, just do it.

#4 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 12:38 AM

Are you interested in joining on this project to fund undergrads to do agi work? Contact me or ModelCadet today.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users