Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

the end of work

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#31 n25philly

• 88 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 01:28 PM

No more working? Then I can find out what it is like to be everyone else in my office!

#32 valkyrie_ice

• 837 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 09:42 PM

Too be honest, I have to say that scenarios of the wealthy class simply throwing aside the poor class because they have robots overlooks the simple fact of human nature.

To be blunt, when the situation becomes intolerable enough, no measures of suppression, repression, or control will be sufficient to prevent the overwhelming masses from uniting to overturn the inequalities.

Simply put, the 10% cannot continue to piss off the 90% forever. Sooner or later the 90% will eliminate the 10%. History proves this time and again. Yes the 90% will immediately find a new 10% who will start the whole process over, (witness the French Revolution, and the Russian Revolution) but the previous 10% will pay the price.

Even if you say the 10% will have overwhelming forces to control the masses, you still fail to give the human survival instinct sufficient credit. History proves as well how good humanity is at subverting the very tools used against it.

Essentually, so long as humanity continues to exist in it's present form, these scenarios can occur, but will fail to remain permanent. Allowing them to occur is simply a failure on the part of the masses to stand up for themselves prior to their occurrence. It is sad that it will lead to massive loss of life and bloodshed, but that is simply reason to strive to prevent their occurrence in the first place.

In the end, we will either make a future were everyone can exist and be happy, or we will be extinct, there is no middle ground. All that is in question is whether the happy ending comes sooner or later, and how much blood is shed in the process.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users