• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo

Yohimbe / Yohimbine - Australia?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Advanc3d

• 283 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 11:04 PM

i just ordered yohimbine with a bunch of other stuff from iherb and those assholes seized it but yea i expected them to anyway.

but has anyone been able to receive it from overseas without any problems?

#2 pauloio2

• 1 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 04:20 PM

i just ordered yohimbine with a bunch of other stuff from iherb and those assholes seized it but yea i expected them to anyway.

but has anyone been able to receive it from overseas without any problems?

I am looking for yohimbine for its uses in looseing weight. There is a product called yohimburn which from what i have read in forums, seems to be fantastic, but its banned in australia because it has yohimbine in it. It's the safest product i have done research on. It's a cream or lotion and you put it on the skin,.its trandermal at that area in the skin and fat cells are mobilised so that stubborn fat can be burned easily when you train in gym. Why do we have to be last to take advantage of such great new products like this? I will probably be old man before the government in australia lets many people suffer with obesity etc,..and then finally allows this product (one of rare few that can actually help) to be used.

Really ,..ridiculous.

Anyone have any leads on where or how you can get access to yohimbine in australia?

please email me if need be.

#3 e Volution

• 937 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 06:01 AM

Can any ozzies out there clarify this one for me?

It looks like it is subject to regulation 5H (Schedule 8) of the import regulations

But then Bioeva Australia are selling it (here) and they are located in Sydney! I went all the way through the checkout process short of final confirmation and appears no problem ordering it...

As a side LOLFAIL (although really much more sad than funny)

Substances subject to regulation 5H (Schedule 8) of the import regulations. Incoming travellers require a permit to import that must be issued before arrival:

Xylitol and preparations containing xylitol.

I used to justify this backwards country with "we got the best beaches in the world!". Then ImmInst made me afraid of the sun. Woe is me :sad:

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 John Barleycorn

• 142 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 08:32 AM

It looks like it is subject to regulation 5H (Schedule 8) of the import regulations

But then Bioeva Australia are selling it (here) and they are located in Sydney! I went all the way through the checkout process short of final confirmation and appears no problem ordering it...

It is a customs prohibited import on two grounds: yohimbine is named specifically, but then there is a catch-all for "aphrodisiacs". Secondly, the TGA have it as prescription-only, although it is unclear whether that extends beyond the pure chemical to bark and bark extracts. So local purchase could be OK.

If customs were to seize it, the odds are someone would receive a love letter, although they are strictly breaking the law. Prosecutions and outcomes for all states and territories are online at austlii.edu.au, and it doesn't look like small, private importations are the sort of thing they (currently) chase.

#5 Steve_86

• 266 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 01:26 PM

It is a customs prohibited import on two grounds: yohimbine is named specifically, but then there is a catch-all for "aphrodisiacs". Secondly, the TGA have it as prescription-only, although it is unclear whether that extends beyond the pure chemical to bark and bark extracts. So local purchase could be OK.

If customs were to seize it, the odds are someone would receive a love letter, although they are strictly breaking the law. Prosecutions and outcomes for all states and territories are online at austlii.edu.au, and it doesn't look like small, private importations are the sort of thing they (currently) chase.

I ordered a product containing Yohimbine a few years ago which was siezed with a 'love letter' being sent to me. Do you think that this has created any risk for me considering that I currently buy Tianeptine, Memantine and Deprenyl online on a regular basis?

Would the yohimbine siezure be kept on record against my name or wouldn't that bother with it?

#6 John Barleycorn

• 142 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 04:52 AM

Would the yohimbine siezure be kept on record against my name or wouldn't that bother with it?

From my reading around, I believe they are much more interested in recording the sender than the receiver, but I don't know for sure. Haven't yet had a LL, despite having had all sorts of dubious stuff inspected by quarantine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users