- - - - -

How long have you used Resveratrol?

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#61 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 02:57 PM

To me, 2% seems small, but would maxwatt or fatboy use resveratrol with 2% emodin? What is the cutoff?

Sure, as a hypogondal pre-diabetic 46 yo male I'm always game to try something which might lower my blood sugars.

Hypoglycaemic and hypolipidaemic effects of emodin and its effect on L-type calcium channels in dyslipidaemic-diabetic rats.

I already consume 50-60g fiber/day (20-30g supplemental) and defecate 3-4 times/day on average. So I am not only not afeared, I may actually try it.

The animal model of diabetes is induced by a dose of streptozotocin which destroys insulin producing cells to model type 1 diabetes. Pre-diabetes, which usually develops into type 2 diabetes, is a failure of insulin sensitivity. tThe results of this study might not be applicable.

#62 fatboy

• 286 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 01:47 AM

The animal model of diabetes is induced by a dose of streptozotocin which destroys insulin producing cells to model type 1 diabetes. Pre-diabetes, which usually develops into type 2 diabetes, is a failure of insulin sensitivity. tThe results of this study might not be applicable.

Maybe not but that is one standard way of inducing diabetes which many other Type 2 studies have employed (high-dose niacin which induces insulin resistance seems more appropriate to me, but what do I know). Applicability clearly depends on the MOA of the agent. If it's an insulin-mimetic (like bitter melon, e.g.) it should still apply.

But, once again, my lack of knowledge regarding how to use those funny little smiley face-thingies has resulted in my facetious post being misinterpreted. Ah well ....

Edited by fatboy, 28 May 2009 - 02:13 AM.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#63 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 03:34 AM

Maybe not but that is one standard way of inducing diabetes which many other Type 2 studies have employed (high-dose niacin which induces insulin resistance seems more appropriate to me, but what do I know). Applicability clearly depends on the MOA of the agent. If it's an insulin-mimetic (like bitter melon, e.g.) it should still apply.

But, once again, my lack of knowledge regarding how to use those funny little smiley face-thingies has resulted in my facetious post being misinterpreted. Ah well ....

:) ;) ;)
:-D

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#64 fatboy

• 286 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 08:22 AM

:-D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users