Photo

VIP outreach Goals Archive

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
358 replies to this topic

#1 bacopa

• Validating/Suspended
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 08:07 PM

Our goals for August is to contact at least 3 celebrities. We have already sent a package to Larry King, and now I think we should focus on Bill Maher, Richard Dawkins, and we need a third. I'm happy to accept any candidate, and we should NOT be focusing exclusively on atheists/agnostics.

Here are some letter ideas.

Here's one idea for the follow up email letter

This of course is too long, but I'm having problems knowing what and what not to take out of it. Shannon or Portal maybe you can help.
Dear celebs name,

We're with the human longevity organization imminst.org, which stands for the Immortality Institute for Research into Indefinite Lifespans. We are starting a campaign to get people, like yourself, interested in the very real prospect of achieving radically longer life spans in the next 20 to 50 years. Basically there is now alot of research into slowing down, halting or even reversing the human aging process. In order to do this we are focusing in on two key areas. One is the MPrize which is a prize given to whomever can keep a mouse alive the longest. And the second is SENS Foundation; which is a foundation setup to utilize an engineering approach to combat the aging process.

I should tell you we are NOT looking necessarily for charitable donations at this time. Our mission, really, is to inform people like yourself who might be a good representative for the human longevity cause. We really want to inform people that there is something currently being done about ending human aging in our lifetime. We really want to hear your opinions on human life extension whether positive or negative. How might you benefit from a much longer life? Aging really is a degenerative disease that should be fought and ultimately cured just like any other disease such as Cancer, Aids, Diabetes, and Heart Disease. 150 years ago people only lived an average of 40 years. This is because they died of diseases that we can easily cure today.

We've also included a copy of Dr. Degrey's book entitiled Ending Aging. It has all the information you'll need to better understand aging and the SENS approach to the human aging problem. We would also be very grateful if you could attend one of our Sunday Evening Chats on our website imminst.org. We feature prominent scientists, imminst members, and progressive thinkers who sometimes call themselves Transhumanists on our Sunday online chat forum every Sunday. We want to hear what you have to say about your thoughts on living longer and how you feel your life could be improved if we could extend our lives by a much longer time frame. (maybe we can mention our book here.)

We realize this is probably mostly new news for you as there is not that much press so far for radical life extension. However we have made some good strides. Aubrey De Grey author of the book we included and founder and creator of SENS, was featured on 20/20 with Barbra Walters in their special "How to live to 150." Dr. Degrey was also featured on a smaller segment of the Colbert Report. It is our belief here at imminst that we only need to spread the word about aging to get it to become more talked about and to see real results as soon as possible. And of course the next big step will be funding projects and seeing actual results.

We appreciate your time and we here at imminst believe whether we live to only 80 years or much much longer is up to people like yourselves and scientists getting on board and doing something about this problem! 100,000 people die of old age everyday and if we can do something about it we think that this is the ethical and right thing to do. Most people I've talked to say they would want to extend their lives by quite a large margin and maybe even live indefinitely. Just think of all the things we could be doing with extended lives that we simply don't have time for now! We believe that this is going to be the norm as death should not be so easily accepted in civilized society.

Thank your for your time!

Devon fowler
imminst.org

Edited by caliban, 11 July 2010 - 07:29 PM.
merged

#2 bacopa

• Topic Starter
  • Validating/Suspended
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 08:10 PM

This is Brokenportals' letter version. He wanted it to be a snail mail, but perhaps it will work better as an email. This to needs to be edited.

I wrote this snail mail version, then my computer froze, and it was erased. So Ive written it again in a bit of haste here, but Im really dissapointed with this re do. Its going to need a lot of editing, but in the least it should encourage you by comparison because yours is a lot better. These are the basics of the version:

Letter Head ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Letter Head

Hello,

(Example of a personalized opener, "Hello Dr. Kaku, we chat about you around our longevity forums all the time. We work with advocacy and research for unlimited lifspans. Your work is inspiring in its depth, and in its integration of various fields. Some of us see you as a transhuman pioneer. You would fit right in with our discussions really.")

We want to chat with you about this cause on our growing internet show called the Sunday Evening Update. Call me and we will set it up. You may not have heard of the work surrounding unlimited lifespans yet, but it’s the cause of all causes, the most monumental cause ever undertaken in the history of humanity, and as it grows, you will hear about it more and more.

We can and are working more and more to increase our healthy lifespans indefinitely by ending the aging process and the horrible. debilitating, dream crushing related diseases that come along with it. A process of damage accumulation that kills 100,000 people per day, costs billions of dollars per year and causes diseases like cancer and Parkinsons to name a few. We actively combat these things in a cause that can win, with radical research strategies like SENS, and fields like stem cells and nanotechnology.

In the past few years this cause has been in the news, and has been on shows like 60 minutes and the Barbara Walters Special to name a few. We provide links to these things in an email we have also sent you. Also see ImmInst.org, sens.org, coalitiontoextendlife.org and longevitymeme.org to name a few. Contact us at the ImmInst.org forums. We do not, mean vitamins and cosmetic type stuff. We mean ending the damages of the aging process so we can live to be 100, 200, 500, - indefinitely with health.

Whether you support this, are interested in learning more, or vehemently oppose this, we want to know your views about it through an interview at our Sunday Evening Update show. Some of the shows past guests include Ray Kurzweils personal doctor and co author of one of his books, Dr. Terry Grossman, the famed Dr. Aubrey de Grey, and the evolutionary biologist Dr. Michael Rose to name a few.

Let us know if you want a free book or two about this and we will send them to you. We don’t want your money, don’t even send it to us. We just want to get more views from people like you on our show, to attract more discussion surrounding this critical cause, and to possibly get support from more VIP’s like you. Please do say yes. Call me at --- and we’ll arrange it for a show that works best for you.

Yours Truly,
So and so
Imminst.org
Longevity Communities Network

Edited by dfowler, 03 August 2009 - 08:11 PM.

#3 bacopa

• Topic Starter
  • Validating/Suspended
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 08:24 PM

More letters to come...

#4 lunarsolarpower

• 1,323 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 09:27 PM

We have already sent a package to Larry King, and now I think we should focus on Bill Maher, Richard Dawkins, and we need a third. I'm happy to accept any candidate, and we should NOT be focusing exclusively on atheists/agnostics.

Suggestion: Michio Kaku

#5 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 12:14 AM

You already sent a package, with a snail mail out to Larry King? Make sure you send him the email too. What day was it sent? You'll need that info for when to call him.

Fowler, Use those two shorter letters you wrote for Dawkins and Maher. Then also make up a short one like those for Kaku.

For the longer email letter, use mine or yours, it doesnt matter. If you dont want to rewrite a better one, then use one of those, they are fine. The emails can be as long, and have as many links in them as you want, so add to them to your hearts content.

This topic here is a good start, but youll want to work on cleaning it up. Next for a September goal, link to the snail mail version in the topic, along with the three names for the month. Then the next three responses should be the snail mail versions that you come up with for them over the next week or so. There may be a bit of discussion about those versions, then in a response set a day, "these are being sent on the 11th," or whatever. Then send them and the emails, then wait five days, then call them, then update the monthly goal topic with the results of those phone calls.

Its up to you, choose whoever you want, but I would go with some mid grade VIPs, maybe some people that were half way famous for something to do with science, but have since been out of the news for a while, or just plain old mid grade VIPs of any current status. Like the top guys involved with some obscure yet successful health magazines, etc... Thats not the best example but... well, I cant think of any. I guess if I were you I might try to google "famous in 2000" or something like that, and look for some good candidates.

#6 Rational Madman

• 1,295 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 04:37 AM

Our goals for August is to contact at least 3 celebrities. We have already sent a package to Larry King, and now I think we should focus on Bill Maher, Richard Dawkins, and we need a third. I'm happy to accept any candidate, and we should NOT be focusing exclusively on atheists/agnostics.

This of course is too long, but I'm having problems knowing what and what not to take out of it. Shannon or Portal maybe you can help.
Dear celebs name,

We're with the human longevity organization imminst.org, which stands for the Immortality Institute for Research into Indefinite Lifespans. We are starting a campaign to get people, like yourself, interested in the very real prospect of achieving radically longer life spans in the next 20 to 50 years. Basically there is now alot of research into slowing down, halting or even reversing the human aging process. In order to do this we are focusing in on two key areas. One is the MPrize which is a prize given to whomever can keep a mouse alive the longest. And the second is SENS Foundation; which is a foundation setup to utilize an engineering approach to combat the aging process.

I should tell you we are NOT looking necessarily for charitable donations at this time. Our mission, really, is to inform people like yourself who might be a good representative for the human longevity cause. We really want to inform people that there is something currently being done about ending human aging in our lifetime. We really want to hear your opinions on human life extension whether positive or negative. How might you benefit from a much longer life? Aging really is a degenerative disease that should be fought and ultimately cured just like any other disease such as Cancer, Aids, Diabetes, and Heart Disease. 150 years ago people only lived an average of 40 years. This is because they died of diseases that we can easily cure today.

We've also included a copy of Dr. Degrey's book entitiled Ending Aging. It has all the information you'll need to better understand aging and the SENS approach to the human aging problem. We would also be very grateful if you could attend one of our Sunday Evening Chats on our website imminst.org. We feature prominent scientists, imminst members, and progressive thinkers who sometimes call themselves Transhumanists on our Sunday online chat forum every Sunday. We want to hear what you have to say about your thoughts on living longer and how you feel your life could be improved if we could extend our lives by a much longer time frame. (maybe we can mention our book here.)

We realize this is probably mostly new news for you as there is not that much press so far for radical life extension. However we have made some good strides. Aubrey De Grey author of the book we included and founder and creator of SENS, was featured on 20/20 with Barbra Walters in their special "How to live to 150." Dr. Degrey was also featured on a smaller segment of the Colbert Report. It is our belief here at imminst that we only need to spread the word about aging to get it to become more talked about and to see real results as soon as possible. And of course the next big step will be funding projects and seeing actual results.

We appreciate your time and we here at imminst believe whether we live to only 80 years or much much longer is up to people like yourselves and scientists getting on board and doing something about this problem! 100,000 people die of old age everyday and if we can do something about it we think that this is the ethical and right thing to do. Most people I've talked to say they would want to extend their lives by quite a large margin and maybe even live indefinitely. Just think of all the things we could be doing with extended lives that we simply don't have time for now! We believe that this is going to be the norm as death should not be so easily accepted in civilized society.

Devon fowler
imminst.org

Although his views on global warming are quite controversial (but not entirely without basis), I think Bjorn Lomborg might be an ideal candidate. He's certainly open-minded, and was listed as one of the Top 100 Public Intellectuals by Prospect Magazine. Also, from what I've gathered, he's very health conscious, and therefore, might sympathize with the goals of an organization like the Immortality Institute. A few years ago, I remember reading a short submission to Foreign Policy Magazine, where he proposed the aggressive use of supplementation for addressing pervasive malnutrition in the developing world. Although I'm not suggesting that supplementation is integral to life extension, this is just one example of a possible open mindedness to our mission goals.

Unfortunately, my familiarity with Lomborg is only superficial, since I've mostly read his Op-Eds, and skimmed a few of his books. But, there are, of course, other public intellectuals that we could consider, but I can only think of a few that possess the requisite humility and amenability.

On an additional note, do you mind if I attempt to polish the template letter? Overall, it looks fine, but I think I could make some small changes to enhance its professional appearance.

Edited by Rol82, 04 August 2009 - 08:34 AM.

#7 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 06:20 AM

Polish away, please do. We need writers to aid with this. Sign on for monthly if you want to. Im glad you offer because that is part of what these monthly goal topics are for, to discuss brushing up the 3 new monthly proposed letters a bit before they are sent. We only have about a week for that though.

As for the idea on another contact, please ad that to another general topic in the VIP forum. We are working to bring an on topic format to these monthly goal topics. This August topic is the first one, and as you can see, it needs some work, but its on its way.

#8 bacopa

• Topic Starter
  • Validating/Suspended
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 10:20 PM

Dear Bill Maher,

Many of us saw your recent movie Religulous, which was a great examination and satire of organized religion. Being a proponent of free thought yourself, we here at imminst, would like to give you some interesting books on the subject of radical life extension, and Cryonics, both of which our non-profit website is so focused on. We also would be honored and privileged if you could attend one of our Sunday evening update chats here at our website.

Enclosed:

1. The Scientific Conquest of Death, (an overview of many issues surrounding the topic of conquering death)
2. 21st Century Kids, (written to explain cryonics to kids, sort of like Daddy Day, Daughter Day was written to help with pain of divorce)
3. Ending Aging, (what is being done to end aging and how it most likely can be accomplished)
4. The Prospect of Immortality, (a classic introduction to cryonics)

We here at imminst have ties to many organizations that are doing vital research into trying to slow down, halt, or even reversing the aging process in humans. We hope you will look at some of the books we provided that go into more detail on how this can be done. Some of the most promising research is being done at the SENS foundation, with Aubrey De Grey.

We wanted to also bring to your attention the importance of Cryonics. Cryonics, although not proven to work yet, could give many people a chance of continuing their lives such that one day in the future scientists can find a cure for what killed the person, and then using nanotechnology be able to unthaw the individual; thus bringing them back to life. Reversing the aging process is likely to be a normal practice by then, so the possibilities are limitless for what one day can, and we think, will be done for people.

There is a lot of information at the Cryonics Institute website and Alcor website. http://www.cryonics.org/refs.html and http://www.alcor.org/

Feel free to contact me with any questions, I am an enthusiast myself and believe that human life extension and Cryonics will play a vital role in many of our lives very soon.

Best of luck with your show Real Time!

Devon Fowler

#9 bacopa

• Topic Starter
  • Validating/Suspended
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 10:22 PM

Dear Richard Dawkins,

We are with the non-profit group called imminst.org, short for the immortality institute. Our focus is on advocacy and research into unlimited lifespans,. Being a proponent of free thought and atheism we thought the burgeoning science of radical life extension may interest you. We here at imminst, would like to give you some interesting books on the subject of radical life extension, and Cryonics, which are two of imminst's main focus areas. We would be honored and privileged if you could attend one of our Sunday evening talk updates, here at imminst.org.

Enclosed:

1. The Scientific Conquest of Death, (an overview of many issues surrounding the topic of conquering death)
2. 21st Century Kids, (written to explain cryonics to kids, sort of like Daddy Day, Daughter Day was written to help with pain of divorce)
3. Ending Aging, (what is being done to end aging and how it most likely can be accomplished)
4. The Prospect of Immortality, (a classic introduction to cryonics)

We here at imminst have ties to many organizations that are doing vital research into trying to slow down, halt, or even reversing the aging process in humans. We hope you will look at some of the books we provided that go into more detail on how this can be done. Some of the most promising research is being done at the SENS foundation, with Aubrey De Grey. We wouldn't doubt that you are already aware of SENS Foundation and Aubrey De Grey's unique vision. The book, Ending Aging, we provided, goes into his ideas in much more detail.

We wanted to also bring to your attention the importance of Cryonics. This technology has obviously been around for decades, but so few people seem to be interested in signing up, and doing it. We were wondering your thoughts on Cryonics, and whether you think there is a reasonable chance of it working.

There is a lot of information at the Cryonics Institute website and Alcor website. http://www.cryonics.org/refs.html and http://www.alcor.org/

Feel free to contact me with any questions, I am an enthusiast myself and believe that human life extension and Cryonics will play a vital role in many of our lives very soon.

Best,
Devon Fowler

#10 bacopa

• Topic Starter
  • Validating/Suspended
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 10:28 PM

Dear celebs name,

Devon fowler
imminst.org

Although his views on global warming are quite controversial (but not entirely without basis), I think Bjorn Lomborg might be an ideal candidate. He's certainly open-minded, and was listed as one of the Top 100 Public Intellectuals by Prospect Magazine. Also, from what I've gathered, he's very health conscious, and therefore, might sympathize with the goals of an organization like the Immortality Institute. A few years ago, I remember reading a short submission to Foreign Policy Magazine, where he proposed the aggressive use of supplementation for addressing pervasive malnutrition in the developing world. Although I'm not suggesting that supplementation is integral to life extension, this is just one example of a possible open mindedness to our mission goals.

Unfortunately, my familiarity with Lomborg is only superficial, since I've mostly read his Op-Eds, and skimmed a few of his books. But, there are, of course, other public intellectuals that we could consider, but I can only think of a few that possess the requisite humility and amenability.

On an additional note, do you mind if I attempt to polish the template letter? Overall, it looks fine, but I think I could make some small changes to enhance its professional appearance.

Yes! Please do polish away, any improvements would be warranted right now. I think Bjorn Lomborg sounds like an excellent candidate. I think we should think of two others and come to a vote.

#11 bacopa

• Topic Starter
  • Validating/Suspended
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 10:30 PM

You already sent a package, with a snail mail out to Larry King? Make sure you send him the email too. What day was it sent? You'll need that info for when to call him.

Fowler, Use those two shorter letters you wrote for Dawkins and Maher. Then also make up a short one like those for Kaku.

For the longer email letter, use mine or yours, it doesnt matter. If you dont want to rewrite a better one, then use one of those, they are fine. The emails can be as long, and have as many links in them as you want, so add to them to your hearts content.

This topic here is a good start, but youll want to work on cleaning it up. Next for a September goal, link to the snail mail version in the topic, along with the three names for the month. Then the next three responses should be the snail mail versions that you come up with for them over the next week or so. There may be a bit of discussion about those versions, then in a response set a day, "these are being sent on the 11th," or whatever. Then send them and the emails, then wait five days, then call them, then update the monthly goal topic with the results of those phone calls.

Its up to you, choose whoever you want, but I would go with some mid grade VIPs, maybe some people that were half way famous for something to do with science, but have since been out of the news for a while, or just plain old mid grade VIPs of any current status. Like the top guys involved with some obscure yet successful health magazines, etc... Thats not the best example but... well, I cant think of any. I guess if I were you I might try to google "famous in 2000" or something like that, and look for some good candidates.

Shannon thought it wouldn't be a good idea to send out the email, cause it would just get overlooked. But I'll ask her again just to be sure. I think we should get someone who knows more about the last two prospects to write a snail mail letter to them. I'll pm Shannon now.

#12 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 10:35 PM

Alright, great, fowler, your back, can you set a date to send these out now? Get one written for Kaku right away. Then contact Rol, then whether he does, or doesnt help get them brushed up by X day then send them anyways. Set the day for sometime next week. Make sure the email version is ready to go to. That means having their email addresses on hand for one thing. Use the book pitch hook, or the "can we interview you on imminst.org/tv" pitch hook to draw them in. We all can think of more hooks as we go.

#13 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 10:41 PM

So you got Shannon to help you with the calling? Thats great. Is she going to do all four that are sent out, King from last month, and Maher, Dawkins and Kaku from this month? Ask her if she wants to make the call to them all 5 days after the letters, packages, and emails are sent then, and then report on the reactions here for everbody so we can examine this for next months outreach.

#14 bacopa

• Topic Starter
  • Validating/Suspended
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 10:28 PM

So you got Shannon to help you with the calling? Thats great. Is she going to do all four that are sent out, King from last month, and Maher, Dawkins and Kaku from this month? Ask her if she wants to make the call to them all 5 days after the letters, packages, and emails are sent then, and then report on the reactions here for everbody so we can examine this for next months outreach.

No, I sent you a pm, Shannon is too busy settiling in England, and I don't feel comfortable on the phones. We need to get someone else who is a good talker.

#15 bacopa

• Topic Starter
  • Validating/Suspended
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 10:30 PM

Goal date for sending package out to Dawkins, Maher, and Kaku, August 30th. We need time to get the books, if not we may go ahead with it anyway, although I wouldnt' advise it. I know nothing about Kaku so Perhaps Rol could write the letter.

Rol, would you feel comfortable writing a short snail mail letter to Kaku?

#16 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 07:40 PM

Ive got an idea. Try changing the wording of those two letters so it doesnt say "eclosed" but rather, expresses that the books are on their way from amazon.

Also, narrow it down to just sending Ending Aging for this round. We can afford that for sure, whether the treasure chest request passes or not. Also, in the mean time look around and see if you can find somebody with a box full of copies of the scientific conquest of aging. Pm Bruce and ask him if he has any you could use for the vip outreach.

Since we have limited funds we can use the other books in select cases, like 21rst Century Kids to people with connections to schools, and cryonics books to people that we have heard mention cryonics, etc... Ending Aging can be the standard book to send out.

I wonder where we might be able to get our hands on some print copies of the Longevity Dividend, do you know, and or can you look into that? Maybe we could get a stack printed up.

#17 bacopa

• Topic Starter
  • Validating/Suspended
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 09:10 PM

Ive got an idea. Try changing the wording of those two letters so it doesnt say "eclosed" but rather, expresses that the books are on their way from amazon.

Also, narrow it down to just sending Ending Aging for this round. We can afford that for sure, whether the treasure chest request passes or not. Also, in the mean time look around and see if you can find somebody with a box full of copies of the scientific conquest of aging. Pm Bruce and ask him if he has any you could use for the vip outreach.

Since we have limited funds we can use the other books in select cases, like 21rst Century Kids to people with connections to schools, and cryonics books to people that we have heard mention cryonics, etc... Ending Aging can be the standard book to send out.

I wonder where we might be able to get our hands on some print copies of the Longevity Dividend, do you know, and or can you look into that? Maybe we could get a stack printed up.

Nice ideas. We'll send out Ending Aging for now and maybe the imminst book, if I can get copies from Bruce. But when's the last time you saw Bruce even post on this site? Maybe Caliban would be a better guy for that, as he's been around as long and may know.

As for the Longevity Dividend, I'm sure I can find it online, we could go to Staples to copy tons of them if need be.

#18 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 10:23 PM

Alright, great. So to organize whats going on a bit in order of importance:

1. Re-write those 2 snail mail letters to indicate that a copy of ending aging is on its way by monday and then let me know.
2. Get somebody to offer to use their treasure chest for your request.
3. Have them or me then start the 144 hour period that the request needs to be in the forum for potential discussion, by linking it in the votes and important topics section.
4. Try to find out if there are any copies of the Scientific Conquest of Death around you could use for this. Let me know if you find some and we can plot that from there. Other wise we can order them too if you get treasure chest money.
5. I just thought of this one, put out a request in a topic asking for donation money for books for this vip outreach. The money can be sent to imminst with a note saying its dedicated for books, if you get any donations that is.
6. Look for a place to order copies of the Longevity Dividend, or find a print ready version and then let us know how much it would cost to print them in booklet form with cheap gloss finish.

The only one we need as soon as possible is #1. If thats the only thing you have done by monday then that will be good for now. If you cant do it by monday then let me know.

#19 bacopa

• Topic Starter
  • Validating/Suspended
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 06:30 PM

edited version of Maher letter

Dear Bill Maher,

Many of us saw your recent movie Religulous, which was a great examination and satire of organized religion. Being a proponent of free thought yourself, we here at imminst, would like to give you some interesting books on the subject of radical life extension, and Cryonics, both of which our non-profit website is so focused on. We also would be honored and privileged if you could attend one of our Sunday evening update chats here at our website.

Enclosed: This book has already been sent to you from Amazon.com

Ending Aging, by Aubrey De Grey (what is being done to end aging and how it most likely can be accomplished)

We here at imminst have ties to many organizations that are doing vital research into trying to slow down, halt, or even reversing the aging process in humans. We hope you will look at some of the books we provided that go into more detail on how this can be done. Some of the most promising research is being done at the SENS foundation, with Aubrey De Grey.

We wanted to also bring to your attention the importance of Cryonics. Cryonics, although not proven to work yet, could give many people a chance of continuing their lives such that one day in the future scientists can find a cure for what killed the person, and then using nanotechnology be able to unthaw the individual; thus bringing them back to life. Reversing the aging process is likely to be a normal practice by then, so the possibilities are limitless for what one day can, and we think, will be done for people.

Devon Fowler

edited version of Maher letter, portal edit

Dear Bill Maher,

Many of us saw your recent movie Religulous, which was a great examination and satire of organized religion. Being a proponent of free thought yourself, we here at ImmInst, would like to give you some interesting books on the subject of indefinite life extension, and Cryonics, both of which our non-profit website is so focused on. We also would be honored and privileged if you would be a guest on one of our Sunday Evening Update interview shows here at our website.

We have the book, "Ending Aging" on its way to you from Amazon.com. This book outlines, in laymans terms, the 7 forms of cellular damage that cause us to age and die. It goes over other research that has already been performed and that has been successful in other similar research. The ending of aging is upon us. It is now only a matter of how fast we go to get there. Throw your hat in the support ring. We need you.

We here at imminst have ties to many organizations that are doing vital research into trying to slow down, halt, or even reverse the aging process in humans. We hope you will look at some of the information we provide that go into more detail on how this can be done. Some of the most promising research is being done at the SENS foundation, with Aubrey De Grey.

Devon Fowler

Edited by brokenportal, 26 August 2009 - 06:28 PM.

#20 bacopa

• Topic Starter
  • Validating/Suspended
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 06:39 PM

Edited Dawkins version. Again I said only one book and I took your suggestion to say it's "on it's way." I'll go check out if anyone responded to the imminst book idea thread.

Dear Richard Dawkins,

We are with the non-profit group called imminst.org, short for the immortality institute. Our focus is on advocacy and research into unlimited lifespans,. Being a proponent of free thought and atheism we thought the burgeoning science of radical life extension may interest you. We here at imminst, would like to give you some interesting books on the subject of radical life extension, and Cryonics, which are two of imminst's main focus areas. We would be honored and privileged if you could attend one of our Sunday evening talk updates, here at imminst.org.

Enclosed: This book has already been sent from Amazon.com

Ending Aging, (what is being done to end aging and how it most likely can be accomplished)

We here at imminst have ties to many organizations that are doing vital research into trying to slow down, halt, or even reversing the aging process in humans. We hope you will look at some of the books we provided that go into more detail on how this can be done. Some of the most promising research is being done at the SENS foundation, with Aubrey De Grey. We wouldn't doubt that you are already aware of SENS Foundation and Aubrey De Grey's unique vision. The book, Ending Aging, we provided, goes into his ideas in much more detail.

We wanted to also bring to your attention the importance of Cryonics. This technology has obviously been around for decades, but so few people seem to be interested in signing up, and doing it. We were wondering your thoughts on Cryonics, and whether you think there is a reasonable chance of it working.

Best,
Devon Fowler

Edited Dawkins version. Again I said only one book and I took your suggestion to say it's "on it's way." I'll go check out if anyone responded to the imminst book idea thread. portal edit

Dear Richard Dawkins,

We are with the non-profit group at imminst.org. Our focus is on Advocacy & Research into Unlimited Lifespans. Being a proponent of free thought and atheism we thought the burgeoning science of indefinite life extension may interest you. We here at imminst, would like to give you some interesting books on the subject of indefinite life extension, and Cryonics, which are two of imminst's main focus areas. We would be honored and privileged if you would be a guest on one of our Sunday Evening Update interview shows here at imminst.org.

We have the book, "Ending Aging" on its way to you from Amazon.com. This book outlines, in laymans terms, the 7 forms of cellular damage that cause us to age and die. It goes over other research that has already been performed and that has been successful in other similar research. The ending of aging is upon us. It is now only a matter of how fast we go to get there. Throw your hat in the support ring. We need you.

We here at imminst have ties to many organizations that are doing vital research into trying to slow down, halt, or even reversing the aging process in humans. We hope you will look at some of the information we have provided that goes into more detail on how this can be done. Some of the most promising research is being done at the SENS foundation, with Aubrey De Grey. We wouldn't doubt that you are already aware of SENS Foundation and Aubrey De Grey's unique vision. The book, Ending Aging, we provided, goes into his ideas in much more detail.

Best,
Devon Fowler

Edited by brokenportal, 26 August 2009 - 06:35 PM.

#21 bacopa

• Topic Starter
  • Validating/Suspended
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 06:38 PM

This is the edited version of your email.

Hello,

Hello Richard Dawkins, we chat about you around our longevity forums all the time. We work with advocacy and research for unlimited lifespans. Your work is inspiring in its depth, and in its integration of various fields. You would fit right in with our discussions really.

We want to chat with you about this cause on our growing internet show called the Sunday Evening Update. Call me and we will set it up. You may not have heard of the work surrounding unlimited lifespans yet, or radical life extension, but it’s the cause of all causes, the most monumental cause ever undertaken in the history of humanity, and as it grows, you will hear about it more and more.

We can and are working more and more to increase our healthy lifespans indefinitely by ending the aging process and the horrible, debilitating, dream crushing related diseases that come along with it. A process of damage accumulation that kills 100,000 people per day, costs billions of dollars per year and causes diseases like cancer and Parkinsons to name a few. We actively combat these things in a cause that can win, with radical research strategies like SENS, http://www.sens.org/, and fields like stem cells and nanotechnology. We would encourage you to take the time to look at the SENS Foundation website with the link I provided. It talks about some of the amazing things Dr. Aubrey De Grey, as well as others on his team are doing to help end aging in our lifetimes.

In the past few years this cause has been in the news, and has been on shows like 60 minutes, The Colbert Report, and the Barbara Walters Special on 20/20, and a special on the History Channel that came out just recently. Also see http://www.ImmInst.org, http://www.coalitiontoextendlife.org and http://www.longevitymeme.org to name a few. Contact us at the ImmInst.org forums. We do not, mean vitamins and cosmetic type stuff. We mean ending the damages of the aging process so we can live to be 100, 200, 500, - indefinitely with health. there is something called the Methuselah Mouse Prize, which is an award given to the longest lived mouse. We know that this will pave the way for extended lifespans in humans, hopefully radically or even indefinitely. Here is the link: http://www.mprize.org/

Whether you support this, are interested in learning more, or vehemently oppose this, we want to know your views about it through an interview at our Sunday Evening Update show. Some of the shows past guests include Ray Kurzweil's personal doctor and co author of one of his books, Dr. Terry Grossman, the famed Dr. Aubrey de Grey, and the evolutionary biologist Dr. Michael Rose to name a few.

You should already have received Ending Aging by Dr. Aubrey De Grey in the mail. Let us know if you want to receive, free, other books we hope you find interesting. We are not looking for money, don’t even send it to us. We just want to get more views from people like you on our show, to attract more discussion surrounding this critical cause, and to possibly get support from more "VIP’s" like you. Please do say yes. Feel free to call me at 617-504-7629, and we’ll arrange it for a show that works best for you.

Yours Truly,
Devon Fowler
Imminst.org

Edited by dfowler, 29 August 2009 - 10:07 PM.

#22 Anthony

• Guest, F@H
  • 87 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 09:49 PM

This is the edited version of your email.

Hello,

(Example of a personalized opener, "Hello Richard Dawkins, we chat about you around our longevity forums all the time. We work with advocacy and research for unlimited lifspans. Your work is inspiring in its depth, and in its integration of various fields. Some of us see you as a transhuman pioneer. You would fit right in with our discussions really.")

We want to chat with you about this cause on our growing internet show called the Sunday Evening Update. Call me and we will set it up. You may not have heard of the work surrounding unlimited lifespans yet, or radical life extension, but it's the cause of all causes, the most monumental cause ever undertaken in the history of humanity, and as it grows, you will hear about it more and more.

We can and are working more and more to increase our healthy lifespans indefinitely by ending the aging process and the horrible. debilitating, dream crushing related diseases that come along with it. A process of damage accumulation that kills 100,000 people per day, costs billions of dollars per year and causes diseases like cancer and Parkinsons to name a few. We actively combat these things in a cause that can win, with radical research strategies like SENS, http://www.sens.org/, and fields like stem cells and nanotechnology. We would encourage you to take the time to look at the SENS Foundation website with the link I provided. It talks about some of the rather radical things Dr. Aubrey De Grey is doing to help end aging in our lifetimes.

In the past few years this cause has been in the news, and has been on shows like 60 minutes, The Colbert Report, and the Barbara Walters Special, A special on the History Channel, and on 20/20 to name a few. Also see ImmInst.org, sens.org, coalitiontoextendlife.org and longevitymeme.org to name a few. Contact us at the ImmInst.org forums. We do not, mean vitamins and cosmetic type stuff. We mean ending the damages of the aging process so we can live to be 100, 200, 500, - indefinitely with health. there is something called the Methuselah Mouse Prize, which is an award given to the longest lived mouse. We know that this will pave the way for extended lifespans in humans, hopefully radically or even indefinitely. Here is the link: http://www.mprize.org/

Whether you support this, are interested in learning more, or vehemently oppose this, we want to know your views about it through an interview at our Sunday Evening Update show. Some of the shows past guests include Ray Kurzweils personal doctor and co author of one of his books, Dr. Terry Grossman, the famed Dr. Aubrey de Grey, and the evolutionary biologist Dr. Michael Rose to name a few.

You should already have received Ending Aging by Dr. Aubrey De Grey in the mail. Let us know if you want to receive, free, other books we hope you find interesting. We are not looking for money, don't even send it to us. We just want to get more views from people like you on our show, to attract more discussion surrounding this critical cause, and to possibly get support from more "VIP's" like you. Please do say yes. Feel free to call me at 617-504-7629, and we'll arrange it for a show that works best for you.

Yours Truly,
Devon Fowler
Imminst.org

Hi Devon,

I would suggest doing a final proof of the e-mail before you send it out. You might want to underline 'Ending Aging' for instance.

#23 bacopa

• Topic Starter
  • Validating/Suspended
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 09:57 PM

I reedited it again with some more changes including underlining De Grey's book. I also made some of Portal's links linkable so they can just go directly to the sites. I was thinking about including humantiy + but we're primarily focusing on indefinite lifespans, so I opted against it. I'll have my dad proof read it just to make sure. If you want, take a look at the re-edited version and see if you think I should make any more changes, like providing more links.

thanks,
Devon

Edited by dfowler, 29 August 2009 - 10:04 PM.

#24 Anthony

• Guest, F@H
  • 87 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 03:17 AM

I reedited it again with some more changes including underlining De Grey's book. I also made some of Portal's links linkable so they can just go directly to the sites. I was thinking about including humantiy + but we're primarily focusing on indefinite lifespans, so I opted against it. I'll have my dad proof read it just to make sure. If you want, take a look at the re-edited version and see if you think I should make any more changes, like providing more links.

thanks,
Devon

Actually, in reading through it, the letter might not work for some people. Do your target members prefer formal, written notification sans the colloquialism, or do they want a more informal type of invite? Some individuals, even if they are supporters of healthy life-extension, will be turned off by the informal diction used in your letter. I think this is especially true for academicians and high level business types. Anyway, let me know if you think you would like a more "formal sounding" document, and I will see what I can do.

#25 bacopa

• Topic Starter
  • Validating/Suspended
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 05:23 PM

thanks,
Devon

Actually, in reading through it, the letter might not work for some people. Do your target members prefer formal, written notification sans the colloquialism, or do they want a more informal type of invite? Some individuals, even if they are supporters of healthy life-extension, will be turned off by the informal diction used in your letter. I think this is especially true for academicians and high level business types. Anyway, let me know if you think you would like a more "formal sounding" document, and I will see what I can do.

I wrote a letter that was a bit more formal, also found on this thread list. But I would welcome your formal edit if you'd like to do so. Then I'll compare and see what I like. Thanks for your help!

#26 bacopa

• Topic Starter
  • Validating/Suspended
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 08:55 PM

Ok I re-edited the snail mail versions to Dawkins and Maher. I have printed out copies that are ready to go!

#27 bacopa

• Topic Starter
  • Validating/Suspended
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 08:58 PM

Dear Bill Maher,

Many of us saw your recent movie Religulous, which was a great examination and satire of organized religion. Being a proponent of free thought yourself, we here at imminst, would like to simply make you aware, (if you aren’t already), of some of the exciting things being done in anti-aging research. We also would be honored and privileged if you could attend one of our Sunday evening update chats here at our website.

Enclosed: This book has already been sent to you from Amazon.com

Ending Aging, by Aubrey De Grey (what is being done to end aging and how it most likely can be accomplished)

Feel free to contact me with any questions, I am an enthusiast myself and believe that human life extension and Cryonics will play a vital role in many of our lives very soon. You can contact me by cell at 617-504-7629.

Devon Fowler

#28 bacopa

• Topic Starter
  • Validating/Suspended
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 08:59 PM

Dear Richard Dawkins,

We are with the non-profit group called imminst.org, short for the immortality institute. Our focus is on advocacy and research into unlimited life-spans. Being a proponent of free thought and atheism we thought the burgeoning science of radical life extension may interest you. We here at imminst, would like to give you an interesting book on the subject of radical life extension. Ending aging and prolonging life is one of imminst's main focus areas. We would be honored and privileged if you could attend one of our Sunday evening talk updates, here at imminst.org.

Enclosed: This book has already been sent from Amazon.com

Ending Aging, (what is being done to end aging and how it most likely can be accomplished)

We here at imminst have ties to many organizations that are doing vital research into trying to slow down, halt, or even reversing the aging process in humans. Some of the most promising research is being done at the SENS foundation, with Bio-gerontologist, Dr. Aubrey De Grey. We wouldn't doubt that you are already aware of SENS Foundation and Aubrey De Grey's unique vision. The book, Ending Aging, we provided, goes into his ideas in much more detail.

Feel free to contact me with any questions, I am an enthusiast myself and believe that human life extension and Cryonics will play a vital role in many of our lives very soon. My cell phone is 617-504-7629.

Best,

Devon Fowler

#29 bacopa

• Topic Starter
  • Validating/Suspended
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 09:20 PM

Just as an update, right now I'm waiting on hearing how we are going to obtain two copies of Ending Aging for these first two people. If anyone wants to offer their insight that would be great. If need be I'll buy the two copies myself.

#30 Rational Madman

• 1,295 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 07:47 PM

Just as an update, right now I'm waiting on hearing how we are going to obtain two copies of Ending Aging for these first two people. If anyone wants to offer their insight that would be great. If need be I'll buy the two copies myself.

Let me offer my sincere apology for failing to provide the assistance that I offered. However, I am still willing to offer my editing services. As for your proposal, I might be able to write a letter to one or two potential targets, but before I become more of an advocate, I would like to conduct a bit more research.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users