Photo

Cancer Protocols? Especially Lung Cancer

• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

#121 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 08:16 AM

No mention of LC diets yet ?

A very low carb diet can fight cancer, by starving it of glucose.
Additionally Methylglyoxal generated during ketosis has anti-cancer effects.
There are currently trials of LC diets. http://www.einstein....trial/page.aspx

If you're doing chemo it's probably worth fasting for a couple days before the chemo to protect healthy cells.

#122 browser

• Validating/Suspended
  • 319 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 04:12 AM

Men taking selenium 300 mcg/d in food resulted in 180 ug/L in 90 days, which is about 1 uM. 5 times more would be the target of 5 uM. So long term, 1,500 ug/d in food would be ideal for killing cancer cells. 3 oz brazil nuts per day. Higher doses do have a more positive effect, but from the previous study referenced above, it seems you have to take ten times as much to kill twice as many cancer cells. Ten times as much is clearly in the toxic range. Higher plasma levels will mean faster excretion and pill form will mean less absorption, so 3,000 ug/d still seems like a good long term plan that is relatively very safe for someone with cancer that has a 20% mortality rate. I would not want to waste the first 90 days, so starting out on 20,000 ug/day for the first week and then 10,000 ug/d for the rest of the month might be good.

http://jn.nutrition....ull/133/11/3434

Methyl Jasmonate is available Here . High quality, cheaper than Stephen Martin Ph.D. provided it for, very fast shipping and delivery as opposed to Steve's delivery, which was very sketchy. I had an every Saturday afternoon chat (I'm treating prostate cancer) with Steve Martin for a few hours each week up until two weeks before he died. I was disappointed that his sister promised to keep the blog up then killed it. Thankfully I copied it and transferred it to the people in Oz who are selling the MJ. If anyone wants a copy, I've got it. Regrettably the google search on the original blog doesn't work in what I captured and many of the links are broken. Steve was a mystery. He was grossly overweight and not shy about being photographed in all his corpulance. Yet he was a serious type II diabetic. He had serious health issues because of the long standing diabetes and there were many issues surrounding the removal of a melanoma from his shoulder, as he was taking aspirin as a CVD preventative. AFAIK Steve died of viral pneumonia and concomitant complications from his diabetes and his apparant over all poor health status from diabetes.

I have stopped taking Steve's supplements. Steve was full of anecdotes about this one walking out of the hospice because he took 50 grams of glutamine a day for 30 days. There were many anecdotes about MJ but none of them were really positive. They were all preliminary. I've a cupboard of MJ left and I don't take it anymore. It didn't help my prostate cancer one bit. Nor did it help Ron in Houston, who emailed me about his brand new discover, MJ. Ron went steadily downhill while inhaling MJ.

Now that Steve's strong intellect no longer guides me each Saturday I realize that Steve was all conclusions on what to take based on what might work in a test tube. About the time Steve died I was close to being rushed to the ER because I took the large amounts of bloodroot Steve advised. The bloodroot destroyed my red blood cells and it's only because I come from never say die Eastern European stock that I didn't collapse. I was way past the point where you get a fast ride to the ER to receive packed cells for your life-threatening anemia. That experience got me to thinking about Steve the researcher, advising out of his field of immunology, not a doctor, knowing little about drug kinetics and other things doctors study. Steve was a menace, I've come to realize.

Many people on many cancer fora I belong to owe thanks to Steve for introducing them to supplements of hope over the years. Most of them no longer take the supplements and there's a consensus that if Steve was so smart, why did he die of complications of a disease easily controlled with diet and well proven drugs?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#123 ppp

• 275 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 07:47 AM

Men taking selenium 300 mcg/d in food resulted in 180 ug/L in 90 days, which is about 1 uM. 5 times more would be the target of 5 uM. So long term, 1,500 ug/d in food would be ideal for killing cancer cells. 3 oz brazil nuts per day. Higher doses do have a more positive effect, but from the previous study referenced above, it seems you have to take ten times as much to kill twice as many cancer cells. Ten times as much is clearly in the toxic range. Higher plasma levels will mean faster excretion and pill form will mean less absorption, so 3,000 ug/d still seems like a good long term plan that is relatively very safe for someone with cancer that has a 20% mortality rate. I would not want to waste the first 90 days, so starting out on 20,000 ug/day for the first week and then 10,000 ug/d for the rest of the month might be good.

http://jn.nutrition....ull/133/11/3434

Methyl Jasmonate is available Here . High quality, cheaper than Stephen Martin Ph.D. provided it for, very fast shipping and delivery as opposed to Steve's delivery, which was very sketchy. I had an every Saturday afternoon chat (I'm treating prostate cancer) with Steve Martin for a few hours each week up until two weeks before he died. I was disappointed that his sister promised to keep the blog up then killed it. Thankfully I copied it and transferred it to the people in Oz who are selling the MJ. If anyone wants a copy, I've got it. Regrettably the google search on the original blog doesn't work in what I captured and many of the links are broken. Steve was a mystery. He was grossly overweight and not shy about being photographed in all his corpulance. Yet he was a serious type II diabetic. He had serious health issues because of the long standing diabetes and there were many issues surrounding the removal of a melanoma from his shoulder, as he was taking aspirin as a CVD preventative. AFAIK Steve died of viral pneumonia and concomitant complications from his diabetes and his apparant over all poor health status from diabetes.

I have stopped taking Steve's supplements. Steve was full of anecdotes about this one walking out of the hospice because he took 50 grams of glutamine a day for 30 days. There were many anecdotes about MJ but none of them were really positive. They were all preliminary. I've a cupboard of MJ left and I don't take it anymore. It didn't help my prostate cancer one bit. Nor did it help Ron in Houston, who emailed me about his brand new discover, MJ. Ron went steadily downhill while inhaling MJ.

Now that Steve's strong intellect no longer guides me each Saturday I realize that Steve was all conclusions on what to take based on what might work in a test tube. About the time Steve died I was close to being rushed to the ER because I took the large amounts of bloodroot Steve advised. The bloodroot destroyed my red blood cells and it's only because I come from never say die Eastern European stock that I didn't collapse. I was way past the point where you get a fast ride to the ER to receive packed cells for your life-threatening anemia. That experience got me to thinking about Steve the researcher, advising out of his field of immunology, not a doctor, knowing little about drug kinetics and other things doctors study. Steve was a menace, I've come to realize.

Many people on many cancer fora I belong to owe thanks to Steve for introducing them to supplements of hope over the years. Most of them no longer take the supplements and there's a consensus that if Steve was so smart, why did he die of complications of a disease easily controlled with diet and well proven drugs?

Thanks for posting that. I emailed him a few times and was put off by his 'I know best' attitude - this wouldn't have been so bad if he had kept changing his mind on things. I'm really disappointed by your MJ experience though, I guess I wanted to believe that this really was an answer...

#124 Gerald W. Gaston

• 529 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 04:47 AM

Well this is more related to Thyroid cancer... but wondering what you guys think of it. I know some folks use a good bit of Iodine/Iodide in the form of Lugol's Solution, Iodoral tablets, SSKI, etc. Here's the abstract:

Pubmed #20138958 - Iodine induces apoptosis via regulating MAPKs-related p53, p21, and Bcl-xL in thyroid cancer cells

Thyroid cancer is the most common endocrine malignancy and exhibits the full range of malignant behaviors from the relatively indolent occult differentiated thyroid cancer to uniformly aggressive and lethal anaplastic thyroid cancer. Iodine is a well known key element in thyroid normal function maintenance and thyroid cancer development. However, the effects induced by iodine and the molecular mechanisms involved remain poorly understood in thyroid cancer. We investigated the apoptotic effect of iodine on three different subtypes of thyroid cancer cells. We observed that apoptosis induced by iodine was mitochondrial-mediated. Iodine treatment decreased the level of mutant p53 including the R273H mutant that possesses anti-apoptotic features, but increased the p21 level. Surprisingly, high doses of iodine promoted instead of suppressed the expression of anti-apoptotic protein Bcl-xL expression. Moreover, iodine transiently activated the subfamily members of mitogen activated protein kinases (MAPKs) (ERK1/2, p38 and JNK1/2) which contribute to modulate p53, p21 and Bcl-xL expression. The further results showed the three subfamily members of MAPKs all worked as anti-apoptotic factors. Collectively, iodine-induced apoptotic pathway is involved in the activation of MAPKs-related p21, Bcl-xL and mutant p53 regulation. The findings provide solid molecular evidence to explain the potential pathway for iodine to influence thyroid cancer development. It may also reveal some novel molecular targets for the treatment of thyroid cancer.

Edited by frankbuzin, 04 March 2010 - 04:50 AM.

#125 sentrysnipe

• 491 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 08:37 AM

Hi, how is your friend doing?

Did you give him Beta 1,3->D 1,6 Glucan? That's basically the molecule you want in all the mushroom products previously mentioned, in AHCC, reishi, PSK, shiitake, Turkey Tail mushroom.

The Baker's Yeast source by either Wellmune WGP or Transfer Point are the best. Both are manufactured by Biothera.

#126 steven d

• 32 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 11:30 AM

Please check out this website.

#127 aaCharley

• 79 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 06:07 AM

Revisiting the ALA/N (alpha-lipoic acid/low-dose naltrexone) protocol for people with metastatic and nonmetastatic pancreatic cancer: a report of 3 new cases.

#128 madanthony

• 86 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 10:46 PM

I have a friend who was just diagnosed with non-small cell lung cancer. Can anyone suggest a clear and concise cancer protocol?

I cannot find studies for you -- it takes too long to defend, but I would definitely include these few things:
DMSO
Burdock (this is the active ingredient in the Essiac and Hoxsey formulas)
Kombucha
And despite what someone else opined, flax oil stirred into cottage cheese (sulfur source) (this is Budwig's formula)

Since I can't provide studies you may regard these as snake oil, nonetheless, they would be FIRST on my list if I had cancer.
I would rely very heavily on these sulfur ingredients. Cancer cells are anaerobic, oxygen can no longer get into these cells. sulfur products can still penetrate the cell membrane and, in the case of DMSO, drag in an oxygen. There are many anti-cancer compaounds in Burdock (I had a list but my computer locked up) which the sulfur can drag into the cell. Flax oil is omega-3 which is what the cell ion channels should be made out of to do adequate ion exchange... The aim is to get oxygen into the cell to get it to become normal enough to be subject to normal apotesis.

I use DMSO all the time. I read a website claiming it's snake oil and doesn't evenlower inflammation even though it lowers pain, but I know this is incorrect. I could visibly watch it take down the inflammation of my tendonitis in under 10 minutes. I used it for sciatica and the sciatica went away and did not come back. I use it for headaches, pms, you name it. It is not just a pain reliever.

Whatever regime you pick you need to keep at it relentlessly for 5 years which is how long it takes to replace every cell in the body. By then you either got it all or you will know otherwise. Good luck.

#129 steven d

• 32 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 10:32 AM

You really should try the flavonoid cancer treatment protocol found here:

http://www.treat-cancer.info/

It's theoretically a 100% cure for cancer as it only kills cancer cells but no normal cells. It could also work even more potent then cisplatin if all the instructions are followed!

#130 TianZi

• 519 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 03:30 AM

Regarding chemotherapy, my stepmother was diagnosed with Stage IV NSC lung cancer in about September last year. She was days away from death when diagnosed as the cancer was cutting off the blood supply to her heart. Aggressive chemo and 3D radiation treatments have kept her alive since then. Perhaps the resveratrol and Vitamin D3 she's also been taking has helped as well. All of her tumors have reduced in size or are no longer detectable.

The effects of chemotherapy can vary greatly from person to person due to genetics, the exact chemicals used and delivery protocol, type of cancer, etc.

However, the current chemo protocol for her is highly toxic and her doctors have determined one of three chemicals they are using must be discontinued in May. After 7 months, she's still able to enjoy life (usually) and has a healthy appetite (usually).

#131 bacopa

• Validating/Suspended
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 04:41 AM

Hi, how is your friend doing?

Did you give him Beta 1,3->D 1,6 Glucan? That's basically the molecule you want in all the mushroom products previously mentioned, in AHCC, reishi, PSK, shiitake, Turkey Tail mushroom.

The Baker's Yeast source by either Wellmune WGP or Transfer Point are the best. Both are manufactured by Biothera.

I sent you a pm, but felt as if I didn't want to bother you. So I'll just ask here. can Beta 1,3->D 1,6 Glucan be taken for cancer prevention? I have some of my mom's old bottle but realize it's way expensive.

#132 Gerald W. Gaston

• 529 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 04:29 PM

Iodine mediated mechanisms and thyroid carcinoma.
http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/19958216

Abstract
Iodine is a key element in the synthesis of thyroid hormones and the process of iodine transport by thyroid cells is active. Iodine deficiency, which is a known risk factor for thyroid cancer, may result from inadequate dietary iodine or from defects in iodine transportation. In contrast, a sufficient supply of iodine can induce cell-cycle arrest and apoptosis in thyroid cancer cells and may prevent the transformation of a differentiated thyroid cancer into a less differentiated or anaplastic form. However, the functions of iodine are complex, and the mechanisms of its action in thyroid cancer are unclear. This review focuses on the role of iodine in the carcinogenesis, proliferation, and apoptosis of thyroid cancers as well as on iodine transporters, most of which are impaired in thyroid cancer. Elucidating the roles of iodine may generate novel diagnostic and therapeutic approaches to thyroid cancer and improve current strategies for its treatment and prevention.

PMID: 19958216

#133 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,040 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 06:56 PM

Knowing that cancer cells prefer glucose for energy, many Longecity forum participants have suggested a ketogenic or very lo-carb diet (in addition to other treatments)in order to battle cancer. Here is some more evidence that it is probably a beneficial tactic: http://www.scienceda...20626131854.htm

"Most strikingly, our discovery that glucose withdrawal causes both cell death and increased tyrosine phosphorylation is intriguing because increased tyrosine kinase signaling is normally associated with cell growth

," said Nicholas A. Graham, a senior postdoctoral scholar in Graeber's lab who helped design the project.

To explain the seemingly contradictory result that glucose deprivation reduced viability and at the same time increased signaling, the authors used an unbiased systems-biology approach that included phospho-tyrosine mass spectrometry and other biochemical profiling techniques.

Assessing the "crosstalk" between metabolism and signaling, they discovered that the glucose deprivation activates a positive feedback loop whereby the withdrawal of glucose induces increased levels of reactive oxygen species, which in turn inhibit negative regulators of tyrosine signaling. The resulting supra-physiological levels of tyrosine phosphorylation then generate additional reactive oxygen species.

"Because cancer cells live on the edge of what is metabolically feasible, this amplifying cycle of oxidative stress ultimately overwhelms and kills the cancer cell,

#134 Kalliste

• 1,147 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 04:29 AM

I'm on another fasting run now (water and salt). Been 3 days. Having read a lot about the chemosensitization-effects I've decided to toss some mix of curcumin/curry/ginger into my stomach in case I got some latent cancer-cells somewhere. If my idea works they should be in a more vulnerable state right now, possibly making them easier to target with supplements.

I don't wanna overdo it though, since antioxidants can probably interfer with the health effects of fasting.

#135 jondoeuk

• 64 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 May 2015 - 09:21 PM

There was a pilot study in 10 advanced cancer patients. The patients did a very low-carb, ketogenic diet for 28 days. According to a PET scan, 4 of the patients continued to have progressive disease, while 5 remained stable and 1 had a partial remission. The patients who had the best metabolic response to the diet (that is, lowest insulin and highest ketone levels) saw the most improvement http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/22840388

In 1995, a case report of two girls with brain cancer was published. After 7 days on a ketogenic diet, blood glucose levels decreased and glucose uptake at tumor site decreased by 21,8%. One of the girls had significant improvement in symptoms and her disease did not progress for the next 12 months, the other was lost to follow up http://www.ncbi.nlm..../pubmed/7790697

In a pilot trial of 16 advanced-stage cancer patients, a ketogenic diet did improve quality of life and stopped the progression of cancer for the 5 patients who completed the 12 week study http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/21794124There are three main versions of diet. The ratio of fat, protein and carbs daily will very in each. The three are; classic, medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs) and a version of the two. Medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs) produce more ketone bodies per unit of energy than normal dietary fats, so adding these along with high amounts of omega 3 may help. The diet is high in fats, protein should be low to mod and the carbs can be low to none. A water fast is done for a few days to a week and then you start the diet. The body will take 3-5 weeks to switch over to using ketone bodies (the breakdown of fats) as a fuel rather than glucose

Thomas Seyfried, Ph.D.—Targeting Energy Metabolism in Brain Cancer

The ketogenic diet and hyperbaric oxygen therapy prolong survival in mice with systemic metastatic cancer http://www.ncbi.nlm....les/PMC3673985/

They can also use glutamine which is a major energy metabolite for many tumor cells and especially for cells of hematopoietic or myeloid lineage http://www.ncbi.nlm....v/pubmed/429309http://www.ncbi.nlm....les/PMC2782690/ http://www.ncbi.nlm..../pubmed/9349841 http://www.ncbi.nlm..../pubmed/7954430 http://www.nature.co...l/cr20125a.html http://www.ncbi.nlm....les/PMC2917518/ So using sodium phenylbutyrate may be needed

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#136 proileri

• 80 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 03:34 PM

There is some evidence that serine and glycine might be important for a cancer cell proliferation. In particular, serine restriction might be beneficial, as gly->ser conversion restricts the cell metabolism more than ser->gly - it seems that on cultured cells, no serine + high glycine is most restrictive to cell number growth: http://www.sciencedi...11124714003477 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users