Photo
- - - - -

Victoria and Vancover

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JasonCummer

• 1 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 09:50 PM

Was hoping to start an H+ chapter in Victoria for anyone who thinks they can make it. I was hoping to have a meeting at the blethering tea room on the 20th of October at 6 pm. Bring your enthusiasm and ideas, and see whats going on in Victoria and area.

If you need more information send me a message and I hope to see you there.

Jason
  • like x 1

#2 keegs440

• 3 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 08:43 PM

Jason: I would be interested to attend, but will not be able to, unfortunately, as I am generally unable to make it to Victoria during the week. Another time, hopefully!

However, I would like to take this opportunity put a call out to all BC cryonicists and cryonics-enthusiasts. Five of us from the Vancouver/Lower Mainland area have started meeting regularly (every other month at present, perhaps more frequently down the line) and would like to invite anyone who is interested to join us. Our group currently includes members of both CI and Alcor, as well as 'un-signed' individuals.

We are following up on some recent successes in identifying funeral directors who are willing to take on clients that have arranged to be cryopreserved - a process which had been hampered previously by systemic reluctance erroneously premised on BC's prohibition of the marketing and sale of cryonics arrangements. Other goals include developing a standby/stabilization kit and protocol, as well as developing a relationship with local hospitals, emergency services, and the BC Coroners Service to make them aware of the unique and time-sensitive needs of individuals who have arranged to be cryopreserved after clinical death.

Please message me if you are interested and would like to learn more. Our next meeting will be in late November.

Also, a club has been started at UBC to promote awareness of and research into cryonics and life extension. To learn more please visit http://ubcclec.wordpress.com - the first meeting is this Wednesday, Oct 6, from 6-8pm in the Student Union Building, Room 212.

Cheers,
Keegan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users