Photo

Letter to William Shatner

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#31 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 09:33 PM

One other thing is, it might increase the odds of a contact to add your phone number, or should that be kept out?

#32 Cyberbrain

• Guest, F@H
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 09:49 PM

Shall we also invite Shatner for an interview?

#33 Minhaj

• 35 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 10:23 PM

One other thing is, it might increase the odds of a contact to add your phone number, or should that be kept out?

I think its a good idea to include a phone number. Also the credentials, title or current highest post held by of Ray Kurzwiel should be added such as CEO of... So that the secretary or staff opening the mail know who we are talking about.

#34 Minhaj

• 35 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 10:24 PM

Shall we also invite Shatner for an interview?

Great idea! Yes we should.

#35 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 10:34 PM

Minhaj (and anybody) do you write? We have a section for collecting templates. There are two short examples in response #7 here: http://www.imminst.o...ion-t33662.html Then Minds example here is another good short peice that could be used as a template. Could you either, brush those up, or create a fourth short template we could consider? If you or anybody does, consider adding "pamphlet enclosed" to them. We have a pamphlet that is almost ready that we can include.

#36 Minhaj

• 35 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 10:49 PM

Minhaj (and anybody) do you write? We have a section for collecting templates. There are two short examples in response #7 here: http://www.imminst.o...ion-t33662.html Then Minds example here is another good short peice that could be used as a template. Could you either, brush those up, or create a fourth short template we could consider? If you or anybody does, consider adding "pamphlet enclosed" to them. We have a pamphlet that is almost ready that we can include.

I saw posting #7. I am assuming we want the following:

• So in one of the templates we are going for a very strong hook.
  • We want to grab the reader's attention and leave them wanting more.
  • Yet we also want to make a connection with the celebrity so that they dont feel they are getting the thousandth copy of a letter.
  • We want this done in maximum 4 sentences.

#37 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 11:05 PM

I saw posting #7. I am assuming we want the following:

• So in one of the templates we are going for a very strong hook.
  • We want to grab the reader's attention and leave them wanting more.
  • Yet we also want to make a connection with the celebrity so that they dont feel they are getting the thousandth copy of a letter.
  • We want this done in maximum 4 sentences.

Mmm, that sounds like a good break down. Yes, try out that format if you want to. We also want to work out the best list of things that we can offer them.

I would probably combine these two:
-6 months free membership (membership includes further perks)
-free exclusive 6 month memberships to 2 people of your choice.

Shannons is even more personalized, and personalized up front, and shorter, which I like.

#38 Vgamer1

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, F@H
  • 763 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 11:48 PM

*****very short version*********

Dear Mr. Shatner

Hi, my name is Daniel Penso. I am a member of the Immortality Institute, a non-profit organization dedicated to advocacy and research for unlimited lifespans. I am also a big fan of yours. As such, I know you are familiar with Ray Kurzweil, the pursuit of healthy life extension, and human enhancement. The Immortality Institute is also engaged in these pursuits and I invite you to check out our growing international community and portfolio of initiatives at http://www.imminst.org

Sincerely,

Daniel Penso
danpenso@gmail.com
VIP Outreach
The Immortality Institute
www.imminst.org

I would be happy to send this version. However, as Cyberbrain mentioned, I think we should at least leave the door open for him to be interviewed. Maybe not though.

I wrote my version expecting Shatner not to read it himself. I was hoping that someone who knows that he's interested in life extension would read the letter and pass on the message. I dunno, maybe we could send the short version and then in a month or so send the long version?

I'm going to prepare some envelopes. I think we have 2 addresses for Shatner, so I'll send the letter to both. I think enclosing a pamphlet would be a good idea as well. BP, I'll use the one we've been working on.

Thanks everyone. This feedback really helps. Keep on giving it. As for now, I'll send Mind's short version to the addresses we have and enclose the pamphlet. BP, do you have a link to the pamphlet so we can show everyone?

#39 Vgamer1

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, F@H
  • 763 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 11:54 PM

Here's a version of the flyer me and BP are talking about:

http://www.mediafire...php?cjztz0jujdf

Edited by Vgamer1, 28 October 2009 - 11:54 PM.

#40 Minhaj

• 35 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 03:57 PM

Hey great flyer! I love the quotations! I think that overall we need human pictures. We need a human face to represent our efforts.
Guys I am a little confused about the current projects we are involved in. Is there some way we can create a system where current projects are tracked for progress, and a new comer like me can simply join in. Assign a lead for each project etc. Maybe its already there...just let me know.

#41 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 06:04 PM

Hey great flyer! I love the quotations! I think that overall we need human pictures. We need a human face to represent our efforts.
Guys I am a little confused about the current projects we are involved in. Is there some way we can create a system where current projects are tracked for progress, and a new comer like me can simply join in. Assign a lead for each project etc. Maybe its already there...just let me know.

This is just one pamphlet. We can submit more if somebody makes some. We could even try versions of this pamphlet with different things in it. I just got in to istock photo, and I saw some excellent faces when I was in there earlier today. I searched for aging, and sad, and both had a superb assortment to choose from.

Yes there is a way you can track the teams. You can find all, most of the ones that are active in the volunteer opportunities topic thats in the recommended tab. You can also keep track of them and the progress of developing projects by going to the action section.

You can also track the activity of the volunteers for each team by the month at the monthly volunteer prize drawing topic. To see the bulk of their work you would have to go to their team sub forums in the action section. The art team work bulk can be seen by going to in to the art team sub forum in the action section, and going in to the team members topics like this one. The VIP Outreach work progress can be seen by going to the monthly goal topics that you can find in its sub forum in the action section there. The internetworking team progress can be seen by viewing the building lists in the pinned topics in its team sub forum. The Longevity Meme Folding at Home team can be tracked in its sub forum.

All of the projects are set up to have project leaders. DnaMechanic, DFowler, Vgamer and JediMasterLucia are filling some of those now, and we are still looking for more spots to be filled if anybody is interested.

Again, the best place to look through the projects and join in is through the volunteer opportunities topic. If you have any questions let us know. The discussion should help us all.

Edited by brokenportal, 29 October 2009 - 06:06 PM.

#42 bacopa

• Validating/Suspended
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 09:23 AM

Hey Minhaj, You are now added on the list for volunteers for the VIP project, that is if you still are interested. You should sign up here...http://www.imminst.org/forum/Volunteers-wanted-for-VIP-project-t32784.html. Just state that you're interested and wish to work on this. We need help with phones, editing letters, writing letters, and VIP suggestions, and anything else you can think of.

#43 AgeVivo

• Guest, Engineer
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 11:13 PM

Yes, hes pointing out that we dont want it to sound like official imminst correspondence unless the board approves it. We'll keep the official correspondence parts out of things until we get a template going. I really wouldnt put Immortality Institute in there at all really I guess. Immortality Institute seems to me more like skull and bones is to politics. It exists, people know about it, they arent ashamed of it or try to hide it, but they dont run on the "skull and bones" platform. What will work best to put as a place to look up on the net is Longecity, when its fully running, if that all works out, or a site like it.

Tadaa!! Longecity is up!!!

See http://www.imminst.o...showtopic=38203

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users