• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

What celebrities do YOU want imminst to contact?

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#1 Vgamer1

• Guest, F@H
  • 763 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 10:47 PM

Devon (dfowler) and I recently acquired a membership at www.contactanycelebrity.com as part of the VIP Outreach Team. The team forum can be found here: http://www.imminst.o...reach-f361.html

It's a pretty good database of contact info for various celebrities and their agents/publicists. We have access to the site for one month, so we are going to harvest as many VIP contacts as possible. So far we've only gotten info on William Shatner, Matt Damon, and Jonathan Frakes. Over the next month, however, we're going to collect as much info from the site as possible.

The site has a nice feature of allowing you to request a celebrity's contact information, so even if they aren't in the database we should be able to get their info. Richard Dawkins is an example of a contact that was not listed. We will request him soon.

So, ImmInst members! This is your chance to make a direct contribution to the cause and it's very simple. All we're asking for are suggestions on celebrities for the VIP team to contact. Just post famous names right here and we will either get their info from the site or request it. Remember, there is a one-month timer on this, which expires November 15, 2009.

Simply post the name of a celebrity that you like, or maybe that you think would be interested in transhumanism.

I will keep a running list here of contact info to get and contact info gotten. I'll put a few names on the "to get" list to start things off.

Contact info gotten:

William Shatner
Matt Damon
Jonathan Frakes
Brad Pitt
Patrick Stewart
Angelina Jolie
Demetri Martin
Chris Rock
Mike Myers
Eddie Izzard
Sarah Michelle Gellar

Contact info to get:

William Shatner
Matt Damon
Jonathan Frakes
Brat Pitt
Angelina Jolie
Patrick Stewart
Demetri Martin
Chris Rock
Mike Myers
Eddie Izzard
Sarah Michelle Gellar
David Boreanaz
Eliza Dushku
Richard Dawkins
Bill Clinton
Jimmy Carter
George H. W. Bush
Al Gore
Joe Montana
John Elway
Jerry Rice
Barry Sanders
Drew Barrymore
Trent Reznor
Arsenio Hall
Steven Hawkings
Warren Buffet
Michael Douglas
Andy and Larry Wachowski (writers of the matrix)
Michael Moore
Woody Allen
Jermaine Jackson
Janet Jackson
Paris Hilton
Sara Brightman
Brian Harold May (Queen band member)
James Hetfield
Nasir bin Olu Dara Jones (NAS)
Dan Rather
Alicia Keys
Bart D. Ehrman
Matt Groening
Conan Obrien
David Letterman
Jay Leno
Dave Mathews
Matt Stone
Tom Bergeron
Fred Edwords
David Attenborough
Paul Nurse
George Olah
Peter Schuster
Steve Wozniak
Steven Jay Gould
Antonio Banderas
Anthony Hopkins
Keanu Reeves
Samuel Jackson
Ewan McGregor
Laurence Fishburne
Bruce Willis
Carrie-Anne Moss
Jim Carey
Jared Leto
Steve Martin
Eddie Murphy
Charlie Murphy
Sean Connery
Pierce Brosnan
Ellen DeGeneres
Oprah Winfrey
Seth Green
Seth MacFarlane
Matt Groening
Andy Garcia
Randy Newman
George Clooney
John Goodman
Kelsey Grammer
Geoffrey Rush
Danny DeVito
Robert De Niro
Anthony Robbins
Pauley Perrette
Suzanna Summers
Ray Bradbury
Stevie Wonder
Dean Kamen
Colin Powell
Madonna

Contact info to request:

Kathy Griffith

------------------------------------------------------

If you're drawing blanks, I think a good place to start is sci-fi actors. Also, please suggest famous academics. And PLEASE DO NOT CRITICIZE other people's suggestions!! We're just getting contact info, there is another thread to discuss which VIP's we're actually going to contact here: http://www.imminst.o...ead-t33815.html

Thank you all and peace be with you.

Edited by Vgamer1, 21 October 2009 - 01:07 PM.

#2 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 01:45 AM

Bill Clinton
Jimmy Carter
George H. W. Bush
Al Gore
Joe Montana
John Elway
Jerry Rice
Barry Sanders
Drew Barrymore
Trent Reznor
Arsenio Hall
Steven Hawkings
Warren Buffet
Michael Douglas
Andy and Larry Wachowski (writers of the matrix)
Michael Moore
Woody Allen
Jermaine Jackson
Janet Jackson
Paris Hilton
Sara Brightman
Brian Harold May (Queen band member)
James Hetfield
Nasir bin Olu Dara Jones (NAS)
Dan Rather
Alicia Keys
Bart D. Ehrman
Matt Groening
Conan Obrien
David Letterman
Jay Leno
Dave Mathews
Matt Stone
Tom Bergeron
Fred Edwords
David Attenborough
Paul Nurse
George Olah
Peter Schuster
Steve Wozniak
Steven Jay Gould
Antonio Banderas

#3 Cyberbrain

• Guest, F@H
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 01:51 AM

I doubt bush would support us! Bill Clinton is a good choice, but he'll probably be busy.

All the rest are really good choices. It would be cool of Moore did a pro transhumanism documentary, but that could also put us in a bad light with the conservatives :p

Is it better to send them personal letters or email? Because it would a lot easier with email.

Anyway when we do send them a message we should say that imminst has 8000 or so members or some other proof ... so we can prove to them this not a scam but real and worthy cause.

#4 Cyberbrain

• Guest, F@H
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 01:52 AM

Also lets contact politicians like Ron Paul. Both local, state, and nationally.

#5 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 02:22 AM

Email is a lot easier, but people almost never respond, probably never even open, most of their email. People get like 30 emails a day. So that sticks out 1 in 30. But people get like 3 peices of snail mail a day, so its much more likely to stick out. We intend to eventually include emails and phone calls along with all snail mails too though. A call also counts toward the monthly goal if a snail mail isnt made. However, if we can get our hands on a huge celebrity email list, then lets send out a mass letter. I bet it would get 0 hits though. Maybe 1 if we're lucky. I mean, I only get like 3 responses when I send out mass emails to my life extension contact list of like 500.

As for that proof thing, me and vgamer are working on putting that in to a pamphlet or two that we are working on. What we are doing to lend it legitimacy is to include the television appearances that the cause has made. We say, the cause has been on 60 minutes, barbara walters, history channel, etc...

I have a friend that runs a Ron Paul Chapter. He might even have a direct line to him or his people. As for local and state politicians, they are vip's but I think we'll probably save them for a lobby effort we hope to get started around here soon. It will get started sometime, just not sure when yet.

#6 JackChristopher

• 178 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 02:32 AM

Email is a lot easier, but people almost never respond, probably never even open, most of their email. People get like 30 emails a day. So that sticks out 1 in 30. But people get like 3 peices of snail mail a day, so its much more likely to stick out. We intend to eventually include emails and phone calls along with all snail mails too though. A call also counts toward the monthly goal if a snail mail isnt made. However, if we can get our hands on a huge celebrity email list, then lets send out a mass letter. I bet it would get 0 hits though. Maybe 1 if we're lucky. I mean, I only get like 3 responses when I send out mass emails to my life extension contact list of like 500.

I liked these articles:
How to Get George Bush On The Phone: http://www.fourhourw...e-on-the-phone/
How To Network With Busy People: http://www.stevepavl...th-busy-people/

#7 Vgamer1

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, F@H
  • 763 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 03:01 AM

Thanks for the contributions BP. I added them to the first post.

#8 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 03:21 AM

Jack,

We can get this job done with what we can come up with, and we actively recruiting for people with writing skills to help with or join this team.

But now reading through these methods by Tim Ferriss and Steve Pavlina here, Im pretty confident that we can get show stopper letters that slice through to the other side ourselves. We should all read through these things. Tim Ferris outlines a great alternate strategy which is pretty much buddy them up by buttering them up a little and include a personalized, interesting one liner discussion opener, then talk business later. (Which, come to think of it is pretty much the inherent strategy in the internetworking team) When I get a chance Im hopefully going to remember to write out the main points that Steve Pavlina goes through there. I went through all 12 pages and it reaffirms and ties all in one place what we all think and need to tailor these letters from. Some of them were dont sound spammy at all, be interesting and natural not boring and robotic, be concise, tell them what you want, etc...
I really think we can get some grade A templates together for sure now, thanks. We could still use a skilled writer or two on deck though if anybody is interested.

#9 Vgamer1

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, F@H
  • 763 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 03:57 AM

Adding:

Anthony Hopkins
Keanu Reeves
Samuel Jackson
Ewan McGregor
Laurence Fishburne
Bruce Willis
Carrie-Anne Moss
Jim Carey

#10 bacopa

• Validating/Suspended
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 07:54 AM

Looks like a solid list sans George Bush. We have Dawkins snail mail and his media contact email, both of which I sent letters to. Portal is indeed right in that emails for top celebs are often fruitless to send so snail mail and calls seem to be the way to go; I believe particularly calling their agents, publicists, and managers.

Let's keep a running google docs of VIP contacts for future contacts, and we are already starting to do this.

#11 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 10:04 AM

Well since everyone seems to have an affinity for his youthful looks at the meager age of 38 I would suggest Jared Leto. Interestingly, his latest film due out in november 'Mr. Nobody' is about a man who is the last mortal alive at 120 years old, in a world where aging and death has otherwise ended!

#12 Vgamer1

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, F@H
  • 763 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 02:00 PM

Devon got Patrick Stewart's and Brad Pitt's info so I'm crossing them off.

Looks like a solid list sans George Bush. We have Dawkins snail mail and his media contact email, both of which I sent letters to. Portal is indeed right in that emails for top celebs are often fruitless to send so snail mail and calls seem to be the way to go; I believe particularly calling their agents, publicists, and managers.

Let's keep a running google docs of VIP contacts for future contacts, and we are already starting to do this.

Could you add Dawkin's info to our google doc? Then we can cross him off this list.

Well since everyone seems to have an affinity for his youthful looks at the meager age of 38 I would suggest Jared Leto. Interestingly, his latest film due out in november 'Mr. Nobody' is about a man who is the last mortal alive at 120 years old, in a world where aging and death has otherwise ended!

Very cool. I'll add Jared Leto.

#13 Vgamer1

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, F@H
  • 763 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 02:47 PM

Crossing off:

Chris Rock
Mike Myers
Eddie Izzard
Sarah Michelle Gellar
David Boreanaz

Adding:

Steve Martin
Eddie Murphy
Charlie Murphy
Sean Connery
Pierce Brosnan
Ellen DeGeneres
Oprah Winfrey
Seth Green
Seth MacFarlane
Matt Groening
Andy Garcia
Paul Newman
George Clooney
John Goodman
Kelsey Grammer
Geoffrey Rush
Danny DeVito
Robert De Niro

How about local radio hosts?

#14 JackChristopher

• 178 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 04:03 PM

The people who appeared in these films are probably sympathetic to the view point:

Anthony Robbins (appeared "The Singularity is Near")
Pauley Perrette (same as above)
Full List

Suzanna Summers (appeared "How to Live Forever)
Ray Bradbury (same)
Full List

And from "Transcendental Man" List
Stevie Wonder
Dean Kamen
Colin Powell

#15 Vgamer1

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, F@H
  • 763 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 05:14 PM

OK, I added those names to the list.

#16 erzebet

• 195 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 08:14 PM

Madonna seems like a person that would be interested.

#17 Vgamer1

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, F@H
  • 763 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 08:23 PM

OK, I will add her to our list now.

#18 bacopa

• Validating/Suspended
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 08:09 AM

Vgamer1, Paul Newman has sadly passed away over a year ago.

#19 Vgamer1

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, F@H
  • 763 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 01:07 PM

Sorry, I was thinking of Randy Newman. Changing it now

#20 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 02:06 PM

You should also add book author Whitley Strieber, who has a strong interest in this subject.

#21 Minhaj

• 35 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 02:06 PM

The people who appeared in these films are probably sympathetic to the view point:

Anthony Robbins (appeared "The Singularity is Near")
Pauley Perrette (same as above)
Full List

Suzanna Summers (appeared "How to Live Forever)
Ray Bradbury (same)
Full List

And from "Transcendental Man" List
Stevie Wonder
Dean Kamen
Colin Powell

If Tony Robbins, could advocate foreverness, then we have a two in one deal. He is the most amazing speaker and he is famous!

#22 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,047 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 08:35 PM

Mark Cuban. Owner of the Dallas Mavericks. I saw an article today where he was open minded toward regulated use of performance enhancing drugs. Made me think he might be open minded on other things as well.

#23 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 12:58 AM

I think Sylvester Stallone is another no-brainer. The guy just loves his HGH! He would definitely represent us.

Edited by TheFountain, 22 October 2009 - 12:58 AM.

#24 VidX

• 865 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 02:35 AM

Anybody here talks/writes Russian fluently to be able to write a letter? There's a singer, local superstar for many years - Valeri Leontjev., multimillionaire, from what I know. Saw a short interview with him recently, he clearly stated that his biggest dream is to live "for like.. 500 years" (and all the effort to stay/look young is pretty obvious when you look at him). I'm sure he'd be interested, even if in the local area of this science, as there are such scientists as Asimov, etc...

#25 bacopa

• Validating/Suspended
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 02:42 AM

ok, overall we got a lot more responses this time around. It looks like we have our work cut our for us. The Russian multimillionaire sounds great. Just imagine if he decided to donate to SENS! So Vgamer, tell me which celebs you want me to add, and which one's you are already doing or have done.

#26 Vgamer1

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, F@H
  • 763 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 03:05 AM

The ones I have done are listed in the first post. Also, you can just check our google doc. I've got the full list of info we need there as well.

Edited by Vgamer1, 24 October 2009 - 04:32 AM.

#27 bacopa

• Validating/Suspended
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 04:44 AM

I added Harrison Ford, Robin Williams, George Clooney, and someone else. I think these are all good picks. I'm not sure whether we should just start calling their managers, publicists etc. or mail them first.

I think if we get something good to say we should just call and let lose. What do you think guys?

Edited by dfowler, 24 October 2009 - 04:54 AM.

#28 JackChristopher

• 178 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 03:40 AM

Oh and James Burke. One of my heroes.

#29 Mia K.

• 176 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 12:54 PM

Adding:  David Bowie

#30 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 October 2009 - 01:51 PM

duncan bannatyne, not as popular as the above but he said himself many times he'd like to live to 150, even more
http://en.wikipedia....uncan_Bannatyne

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users