• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

Fundamentalism

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 A941

• 1,027 posts

Posted 01 November 2002 - 07:27 AM

Jack T Chicks sick and hatefull comics (www.chick.com)

These tractats are used to widespread the idea of fundamentalism and the so called "creation science".
Now I think we should do something against this form of stupidity.
if some one would write the Text (cause iam not a Scientist and in this case i dont want to make mistakes ) for a "pro evolution" or a "pro Big Bang-comic " against Creation i would draw the pictures.
Then we could put this comics on a website for (free) download,print and distribution.

#2 Utnapishtim

• 219 posts

Posted 01 November 2002 - 02:26 PM

Aren't such efforts merely preaching to the choir?

Most people that seek out such comic strips would already be convinced of "The Cause" (whatever it might be)

How do we reach a set of people who disagree with or do not understand the transhumanist perspective?

#3 Lazarus Long

• Life Member, Guardian
  • 8,116 posts
  • Location:Northern, Western Hemisphere of Earth, Usually of late, New York

Posted 01 November 2002 - 03:44 PM

How do we reach a set of people who disagree with or do not understand the transhumanist perspective?

By how we behave, what we create, and the principles which we claim.

#4 int_0x80

• 3 posts

Posted 24 November 2002 - 07:11 PM

I don't think we have to. The singularity will come. How soon, depends on the catalyst we create. Firstly, I think we need to propagate the transhumanist ideals. There probably arn't many anti-transhumanists for the simple reason that: They don't even know what it is *yet*. After we get the idea mainstream, then maybe we will have to figure out how to convert the ignorant minded.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users