Randy Wicker

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Bruce Klein

• Guardian Founder
  • 8,794 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 02:56 AM

From Randy Wicker to MSNBC

I have been a guest on MSNBC many times as a commentator on human cloning. The host most times I have been on has been, I believe, Jill Jansen( Jansing?) ( a very bright thin woman). However, I was also on the Alan Keyes Show and The Nachman Report.

Your informant, Leigh Montville, who wrote a book about Ted Williams was simply playing to popular prejudice when he claimed Ted wanted to be cremated and his ashes scattered over the Florida Keys.

If you will go to www.clonerights.com and read the fourth story down, you will get the "real story". The "care givers" Ted had in the end were John Henry and his closest sister. He had literally disowned the daughter who objected to his cryonic suspension (that's what it is called at the facility) at Alcor.

If you read my account which quotes journalists on the scene, you will probably conclude that Ted Williams agreed to being frozen because the one child he was closest to, the son who literally took up a career in baseball at the age of thirty just to keep "dad amused", one of the two children he was actually close to and who cared for him in his declining years, wanted him to agree to be frozen.

I enjoy your show. I think you might consider doing a segment on Alcor, the folks who think they can freeze you and bring you back someday,--or The Immortality Institute, www.imminst.org where they have the simply stated goal of "conquering involuntary death" (Who could be against that you might ask. Well, President's leading bioethical advisor, Leon Kass, for one.)--or you could have a lot of fun profiling those people who believe they can extend their lives dramatically through calorie restriction.

In any event, I am busy compiling my memoirs of my adventures as the world's first human cloning activist. But I would be happy to direct you to any of the above parties.

I will try to p[ut in the direct line for the Ted Williams article here.
http://www.clonerigh.../new_page_9.htm

Read and enjoy. And don't actually hit the camera when you toss those balls of paper, you might actually do some damage. Hannidy (of Hannidy & Combs) doesn't talk to you before the show. He just tosses paper balls at a waste basket and then tries to pull you into a "pool-shark-sucker" game as to whether he will make the next toss. (Just some media trivia for you}

Cloningly yours,
For eternal life,

Randolfe H. Wicker
Founder, Clone Rights United Front, www.clonerights.com
Spokesperson, Reproductive Cloning Network, www.reproductivecloning.net
Advisor, The Immortality Institute, www.imminst.org
Special Correspondent, www.stemcellsclub.com
email: rhwicker@optonline.net
phone: 201-656-3280

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users