• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Molybdenum

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

Poll: Molybdenum (20 member(s) have cast votes)

Molybdenum

1. yes (9 votes [45.00%])

Percentage of vote: 45.00%

2. no (11 votes [55.00%])

Percentage of vote: 55.00%

Vote

#1 ajnast4r

• Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 October 2009 - 01:23 AM

Molybdenum

#2 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,042 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 09:01 PM

No expert thoughts on this?

#3 ajnast4r

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 November 2009 - 03:22 AM

i voted no

http://lpi.oregonsta...als/molybdenum/

The Total Diet Study, an annual survey of the mineral content in the typical American diet, indicates that the dietary intake of molybdenum averages 76 mcg/day for women and 109 mcg/day for men. Thus, usual molybdenum intakes are well above the RDA for molybdenum. Legumes, such as beans, lentils, and peas, are the richest sources of molybdenum. Grain products and nuts are considered good sources, while animal products, fruits, and many vegetables are generally low in molybdenum (2). Because the molybdenum content of plants depends on the soil molybdenum content and other environmental conditions, th

Edited by ajnast4r, 02 November 2009 - 03:22 AM.

#4 shazam

• 197 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 06:44 AM

i voted no

http://lpi.oregonsta...als/molybdenum/

The Total Diet Study, an annual survey of the mineral content in the typical American diet, indicates that the dietary intake of molybdenum averages 76 mcg/day for women and 109 mcg/day for men. Thus, usual molybdenum intakes are well above the RDA for molybdenum. Legumes, such as beans, lentils, and peas, are the richest sources of molybdenum. Grain products and nuts are considered good sources, while animal products, fruits, and many vegetables are generally low in molybdenum (2). Because the molybdenum content of plants depends on the soil molybdenum content and other environmental conditions, th

*Shrug*. Seems like good reasoning. However, I am undecided on this, as it could be that some of the other minerals in this supplement might antagonize it a little. Still leaning towards no, particularly since I eat about 2 cups of beans or more a day. Definately would like to see minerals in appropriate proportions, though.

#5 OneScrewLoose

• 2,378 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 December 2009 - 05:47 AM

I think given the variety of diets and soil conditions out there, I would say maybe something like 20-30mcg might be good in case of deficiency.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users