• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Choline

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic

Poll: Choline (44 member(s) have cast votes)

Choline

1. yes (37 votes [84.09%])

Percentage of vote: 84.09%

2. no (7 votes [15.91%])

Percentage of vote: 15.91%

Vote

#1 ajnast4r

• Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 October 2009 - 05:25 AM

Choline

#2 1kgcoffee

• 737 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 07:45 AM

Choline

No, I think it's better to take something like ALCAR to raise acetylcholine.

#3 Blue

• 1,104 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 07:58 AM

Choline is in essence an essential vitamin. Causes a disease if you get very little (liver dysfunction). The FDA has established a RDA. Standard in parenteral nutrition these days. Vegetarians likely get to little.
http://lpi.oregonsta...ernuts/choline/

Edited by Blue, 29 October 2009 - 08:08 AM.

#4 pycnogenol

• 1,164 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 05:58 PM

Yes. CDP-Choline.

#5 FunkOdyssey

• 3,443 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 06:05 PM

CDP-Choline is too expensive, choline bitartrate is more practical. CDP-choline also has some pharmacological actions (it was a drug before it was a dietary supplement) that the world at large may not be looking for.

#6 ajnast4r

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 October 2009 - 10:58 PM

CDP-Choline is too expensive, choline bitartrate is more practical. CDP-choline also has some pharmacological actions (it was a drug before it was a dietary supplement) that the world at large may not be looking for.

i agree... bitartrate is cheap and works

#7 waldemar

• 206 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 09:13 PM

Yes. Something for us Piracetam heads. :p

#8 Pike

• 517 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 01:13 PM

i suppose i'll just throw out the different forms of choline that i know of off the top of my head.

phosphatidylcholine
choline bitartrate
choline citrate
cdp-choline
alpha-gpc
dmae
centrophenoxine
adafenoxate

#9 Pike

• 517 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 06:52 PM

from the looks of it, i think choline citrate would be the way to go, if looking for a cost/benefit. it's about as cheap as bitartrate, but requires a lower dosage, so it could save some room in the tablet/capsule.

I think cdp-choline and alpha-gpc should be thrown out, because they are unstable and typically have to be bonded to glycine; plus, they're super expensive.

still, i do fancy the idea of centrophenoxine in my multivitamin :)

#10 Blue

• 1,104 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 08:16 PM

Cdp-choline and alpha-gpc are likely to be seen as drugs in many nations which will cause trouble in customs. They also stimulate growth hormone which many life extensionists want to avoid.

#11 Johann

• 372 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 08:20 PM

Funk, what is your general overall opinion of CDP? Positive or negative?

#12 shazam

• 197 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 06:07 AM

Yes on choline. Either the Phosphatidyl or bitartate route would be cool with me. I would prefer phosphatidyl, myself, in the area of 100mg.

I'm pretty sure it's both more bioavailable and has different effects than bitartate.

#13 waldemar

• 206 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 01:51 PM

still, i do fancy the idea of centrophenoxine in my multivitamin :|?

Too expensive, and probably no real advantage over less espensive stuff.

#14 neogenic

• 481 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 08:29 PM

CDP-choline and alpha-GPC have zero problems with customs. I formulate and pull this stuff in all the time. ZERO issues. I've never heard of issues. Never. Simple to get, from nearly all suppliers.

I'd like a blend of the two. If this ended being a powder for some reason, you might want to lean toward alpha-GPC as its sweet, but CDP is horrendously bitter.

They improve sleep, cognitive function...I was going to say no-brainer, but uhhhh. Anyway, they should be in. They both are slightly different in action too.

#15 shazam

• 197 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 11:26 PM

CDP-choline and alpha-GPC have zero problems with customs. I formulate and pull this stuff in all the time. ZERO issues. I've never heard of issues. Never. Simple to get, from nearly all suppliers.

I'd like a blend of the two. If this ended being a powder for some reason, you might want to lean toward alpha-GPC as its sweet, but CDP is horrendously bitter.

They improve sleep, cognitive function...I was going to say no-brainer, but uhhhh. Anyway, they should be in. They both are slightly different in action too.

Interesting. I'd like to see these in the multi, too, but what would the costs look like? Putting these in there would be pretty awesome, though... I'd be willing to pay a reasonable amount more for this.

#16 Pike

• 517 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 12:53 AM

aside from that, though, CDPC and AGPC aren't stable enough to ever be 100%

neogenic, correct me if i'm wrong, but aren't cdp-choline and alpha-gpc usually bonded to glycine?

#17 Leukippos

• 28 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 05:50 AM

i suppose i'll just throw out the different forms of choline that i know of off the top of my head.

phosphatidylcholine
choline bitartrate
choline citrate
cdp-choline
alpha-gpc
dmae
centrophenoxine
adafenoxate

:p ... :p ... :p What if someone consumed them all?! :p ... :p ... :p

#18 OneScrewLoose

• 2,378 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 December 2009 - 04:09 AM

CDP-Choline makes me horribly anxious. I doubt that I am the only one out there. There are few things that hurt my stomach more than Centrophenoxine. I doubt that I am the only one out there.

We need to stick with the basics. We need the most compatibility with the highest number of people possible. That would exlcude these fancier, more expensive, and less researched/tested forms of choline. I would also say no to phosphatidylcholine, considering that it's relatively large. Bitartrate or Citrate would save space.

#19 kismet

• 2,984 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 08:10 PM

CDP-Choline makes me horribly anxious.

At which dose?

#20 sentrysnipe

• 491 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 02:43 AM

Agree on ALCAR + Lecithin (Phosphatidylcholine) OR

scrap that idea altogether and add Ashwagandha (more cost-effective?)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users