- - - - -

Sinclair's Tweet: 70% of resveratrol-treated mice free of metastas

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#31 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 01:13 PM

it is clear that you have at times claimed posters say something that they did not

What?!
Remember this back and forth?

My post...

However, it does not cover other types of cancer, bone density, muscle growth, feeling of well being, longevity, etc... these have not been tested in humans.
In my world, resveratrol human studies are far from over...

We expect the NIH to do some of these tests, and as mentioned before, we are helping them with one of these.
(The NIH request document is on our website if you would like to see it)

Then your post claims things that I did not state in my post:

I'm glad the NIH is finally doing tests with resveratrol and wonder why those didn't start a couple of years ago. Wouldn't it be easy to test 2g on diabetics? Do you know why the NIH is using RevGenetics for only one of the studies? If they are doing a series, why not get it all from your company? Also, what are they testing RevGen on?

Boy... you certainly have an active imagination assuming stuff from my post. Then you say (2-3 posts later)... that I claimed other posters say things when they didn't. You clearly pushed your claims regarding my post in your last entry above. You seem to do this, and the proof is in this same thread.

Stop projecting your own flaws my friend... and please consider professional help.

Regardless opendoor, you are funny as heck at times when you reply to me, but for the sake of this thread (and people here)...
I will try very hard not to feed the troll anymore.

Cheers
A

Edited by Anthony_Loera, 06 November 2009 - 03:27 PM.

#32 2tender

• 673 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 08:11 PM

Crep, please leave

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 opendoor

• Topic Starter
  • 100 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 12:41 AM

Boy... you certainly have an active imagination assuming stuff from my post. Then you say (2-3 posts later)... that I claimed other posters say things when they didn't. You clearly pushed your claims regarding my post in your last entry above. You seem to do this, and the proof is in this same thread.

I have read threads where you disagreed with someone and then responded by saying they said things they never did.

With respect to your response, "The words "Some of these tests" refer to the tests we would like them to do.
How on earth did you make the assumption I was talking about a "series"? That is all in your head." ; the phrasing that
"We expect the NIH to do some of these tests, and as mentioned before, we are helping them with one of these." seemed to imply that you knew of other forthcoming tests by the NIH.

Stop projecting your own flaws my friend... and please consider professional help.

Considering that a portion of your customers are in fact seeking some sort of profesional help, you may want to be a little more sensitive in tossing that phrase around. Just a friendly suggestion, my friend.

#34 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 02:03 AM

Crep, please leave

He's Holmes. Crep was a different guy.

#35 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 02:47 AM

Crep, please leave

We've been very tolerant.

#36 2tender

• 673 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 02:48 AM

Crep, please leave

LOL, Remember Quasimodo and the bells? Ding Dong...

#37 opendoor

• Topic Starter
  • 100 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 03:28 AM

We've been very tolerant.

Tolerant of what?

What have I done wrong?

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#38 drmz

• 574 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 03:44 PM

NEW STUDY: Colon cancer study, Oct 27:
"3.7% control mice vs 68.7% resveratrol-treated mice free of metastasis. Oral resv at 30 mg/kg. Amzng"

Yes, that's pretty nice, but it was only a 3 week experiment. Still, it's a good result with a reasonable dose.
Here's the full abstract:

Mol Nutr Food Res. 2009 Oct 27. [Epub ahead of print]
Oral administration of resveratrol in suppression of pulmonary metastasis of BALB/c mice challenged with CT26 colorectal adenocarcinoma cells.

Weng YL, Liao HF, Li AF, Chang JC, Chiou RY.

Department of Food Science, National Chiayi University, Chaiyi, Taiwan.

Anti-cancer activities of resveratrol (3,4',5-trihydroxylstilbene) have attracted extensive research attention. Suppression of pulmonary metastasis of BALB/c mice challenged with CT26 colorectal adenocarcinoma cells achieved by oral administration of resveratrol was assessed in three separate experiments. Each mouse was challenged by tail vein injection with CT26 cells. Prior to challenge, 8-wk-old mice were fed with a basal diet and orally administered with resveratrol (30 mg/kg/2 days) eight or twelve times. After challenge, oral administration of resveratrol was continued until mice were sacrificed on day 20. As integrated from three experiments, 3.7% of the control mice (n=27) and 68.7% of the resveratrol-treated mice (n=26) exhibited free of metastasis. In a second study, 8-wk-old BALB/c mice were orally administered with resveratrol 12 times and challenged with CT26 cells for 100 days. All control mice died but 50% of the resveratrol-treated mice survived. The surviving mice were challenged with CT26 cells by hypodermic injection, fed with a basal diet for an additional 30 days, and sacrificed. Tumor lumps or nodules were not detected at the injection sites or in the lungs. This reveals that intrinsic vaccination-like defense has resulted from administration of resveratrol and challenge of tumor cells.

PMID: 19862773

This last part is interesting; the surviving mice seem to have developed an immune response against the tumor. Very cool.

Cool indeed.

With regard to vaccination, the resveratrol-administered
mice that survived the challenge of CT26 cells might have
developed an anti-cancer mechanism to destroy the second
challenge with CT26 cells. In our study, the percentages (60
and 88.9%) of mice free of metastasis after administering
resveratrol 12 times prior to challenging with CT26 cells
(experiments 2 and 3) were higher than the percentage in
mice subjected to administration of resveratrol eight times
(57.1% in experiment 1) (Fig. 4). This reveals that duration
of resveratrol administration is important for mice to
potentiate anti-metastatic efficacy after challenge with CT26
cells.

Haha a new soap on http://www.resforum....at-about-5mgkg/ Makes me think of...what was his name again...ah LifeMirage >> I'm trying to figure out what the problem is but i really don't understand it. Is it a dosage dicussion? What Sinclair uses or what he recommends? Is looking at the downloadable e-book not enough to settle that discussion (Sinclair e-book) If you decide that you want to take resveratrol, consider taking no more than 250 mg per day*_

Anyways, that's probably belongs to a different topic. I was curious but really cannot follow the discussion nor pinpoint the problem :( Too bad such a discussion is going on outside the board. Not good for Imminst image i guess.

Edited by drmz, 18 November 2009 - 04:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users