• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ajnast4r

• Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 November 2009 - 01:06 AM

original thread

i'm thinking 10mg total is a reasonable amount? anyone have input otherwise?

#2 shazam

• 197 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 09:21 AM

original thread

i'm thinking 10mg total is a reasonable amount? anyone have input otherwise?

*shrug* I'd like to see this E complex be similar (read: virtually identical) to familE, but scaled down to 3/8ths of the dosage.

So.... 15mg sounds about right.

Once again, wondering what the administered form is going to be and looking forward to a debate on that. A standard multi? A multivitamin "pak" ala jarrow pak and animal pak, only without sucking? V-caps across the board? I saw a topic on that, but I still am not sure about all these dry fat soluble vitamins. Is there a big difference?

#3 Pike

• 517 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 09:44 AM

i still think tocotrienols are unnecessary for the multi, as they interfere with tocopherols. plus, tocotrienols+tocopherols would undoubtedly hike up the price of the mutlivitamin. i'm sure gamma-tocopherol is already going to drive it up enough, let alone full spectrum tocotrienol complex?

that, on top of the notion that this first multi we're making is just our "basics" version with a more advanced version to be made later, turns me off to -trienol inclusion. i'm all for it in the "advanced" version, because the intention of that is the inclusion of our fancy-but-not-necessary goodies (i.e. herbs, noots, resv, etc.)

#4 shazam

• 197 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 09:48 AM

i still think tocotrienols are unnecessary for the multi, as they interfere with tocopherols. plus, tocotrienols+tocopherols would undoubtedly hike up the price of the mutlivitamin. i'm sure gamma-tocopherol is already going to drive it up enough, let alone full spectrum tocotrienol complex?

that, on top of the notion that this first multi we're making is just our "basics" version with a more advanced version to be made later, turns me off to -trienol inclusion. i'm all for it in the "advanced" version, because the intention of that is the inclusion of our fancy-but-not-necessary goodies (i.e. herbs, noots, resv, etc.)

Yes, I neglected to mention that if it hikes the price up TOO much, I would be against tocotreinols. They compete for absorption with pherols anyway, and DRY? They're not gonna do a hell of a lot. I'd probably just use tocosorb at another time myself. If it ends up costing more than 5 dollars extra per bottle, I say we scrap em'. But if those in charge wish to include them anyway, do a 3/8ths replication of familE.

#5 Pike

• 517 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 10:20 AM

Yes, I neglected to mention that if it hikes the price up TOO much, I would be against tocotreinols. They compete for absorption with pherols anyway, and DRY? They're not gonna do a hell of a lot. I'd probably just use tocosorb at another time myself. If it ends up costing more than 5 dollars extra per bottle, I say we scrap em'. But if those in charge wish to include them anyway, do a 3/8ths replication of familE.

i really do think that tocotrienols would hike the price up a lot more than what would be comfortable. plus, they're a largely unresearched e-family and their inclusion in a "basic" formula leaves skeptics open to attack when they don't see a percentage sign in that daily-established-value column. i can't find one tocotrienol supplement under $13, so I can only imagine how much that would drive up the cost.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users