Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Inositol and 'extras'

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 shazam

• 197 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 08:08 AM

I've heard bad things about PABA here and there, but why omit Inositol?

Also, what is the stance on extras (Ie. Bioflavs to go with the C, etc.). Are we just trying to make a really well done, basic supplement here, and avoiding extras?

Because I am TOTALLY in approval of that, ESPECIALLY if it drive the price down significantly. I'm actually a little hyped about this, it's about time somebody made a decent multi with smart doses that didn't totally suck.

#2 Blue

• 1,104 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 08:15 AM

There are at least hundreds of non-essential substances/extracts solid as supplements. People greatly differ in which of these they prefer as can be seen in the regimes here. I think we should stick to the essentials and semi-essentials in basic multi. If succesful then there can be add-on or advanced versions.

#3 shazam

• Topic Starter
  • 197 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 08:18 AM

There are at least hundreds of non-essential substances/extracts solid as supplements. People greatly differ in which of these they prefer as can be seen in the regimes here. I think we should stick to the essentials and semi-essentials in basic multi. If succesful then there can be add-on or advanced versions.

Wouldn't inositol be considered 'semi-essential'? I highly approve on this stance on extras, BTW. The less expense the more room I have to for customization in my regimen :)

#4 Blue

• 1,104 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 08:35 AM

You do not get specific deficiency disease from lack of inositol. So not essential. When used as a supplement it is often in amounts far higher than in you get from a normal diet so I would not call it semi-essential, whatever that is, either.

#5 shazam

• Topic Starter
  • 197 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 09:09 AM

You do not get specific deficiency disease from lack of inositol. So not essential. When used as a supplement it is often in amounts far higher than in you get from a normal diet so I would not call it semi-essential, whatever that is, either.

Cool. Not sure if just this one would add a hell of a lot of expense since you can get it from a supplier, though. Eh, it's pretty cheap as a seperate powder anyway.

#6 Blue

• 1,104 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 09:21 AM

Hmm, looking into this it seems that some researchers do argue that dietary inositol is semi-essential.

"inositol is synthesized de novo by animals (from glucose6-phosphate via Ins3P, see [6]), but most mammalian tissues do not produce enough of it, and so inositol is a vitamin (vitamin Bh) for which a significant dietary source is InsP6 from cereals."
http://www.biochemju...263/4160263.pdf

#7 shazam

• Topic Starter
  • 197 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 10:53 AM

Hmm, looking into this it seems that some researchers do argue that dietary inositol is semi-essential.

"inositol is synthesized de novo by animals (from glucose6-phosphate via Ins3P, see [6]), but most mammalian tissues do not produce enough of it, and so inositol is a vitamin (vitamin Bh) for which a significant dietary source is InsP6 from cereals."
http://www.biochemju...263/4160263.pdf

See, I FIGURED there was a reason it was included in most B-complexes worth their salt. Dosage might be worth looking into instead of sticking with the stock 100mg though.

#8 nameless

• 2,268 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 06:04 PM

Not sure about inositol, but one extra I would have liked to have seen is lutein. It's not essential... but still, a low dose would have been nice.

#9 ajnast4r

• Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 November 2009 - 06:32 PM

i think probably after we iron out the basics we will have a separate forum for extras... i would also like to see lutein. lets just get the basic micros worked out for now. pm me your suggestions and ill post them when we get there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users