Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Wait, wait, wait. Dudes.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 shazam

• 197 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 08:14 AM

Seriously. I WANNA see this made, but how are we going to go about this? Who would make it? God, I hope it's one of the companies less likely to gouge the fuck out of us, that would be a BIG part of my bothering with this. Is Imminst bigger than I thought it was or something?

Seriously, how is this getting made?

#2 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 07:31 PM

Imminst leadership and Imminst members are acquainted with a couple different high quality manufacturers. We will go to them first. It will not be produced in a unregulated low quality shop, otherwise the Imminst community would immediately reject it.

#3 shazam

• Topic Starter
  • 197 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 07:57 PM

Imminst leadership and Imminst members are acquainted with a couple different high quality manufacturers. We will go to them first. It will not be produced in a unregulated low quality shop, otherwise the Imminst community would immediately reject it.

Sounds fair. I doubt that NOW has terrible shops, or jarrow for that matter, but neither of them will gouge to the extent that LEF and AOR tend to. Curious how the price is going to be set.

#4 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 02:55 PM

The price will be up to the manufacturer of course. They will be taking a risk by producing a mutli that is quite different from most. Imminst will require a small licensing fee if they want to highlight the Imminst member input or use the logo.

#5 Chaos Theory

• 272 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 12:01 AM

Sounds fair. I doubt that NOW has terrible shops, or jarrow for that matter, but neither of them will gouge to the extent that LEF and AOR tend to. Curious how the price is going to be set.

I have this same concern myself. I can see some "discount" manufacturers like NOW being disregarded because of the prevailing brand loyalty and baseless assumption of increased quality with cost.

At the very least I would like to see valid reasons why certain manufacturers would not meet the specified quality standards.

#6 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 04:03 AM

I have this same concern myself. I can see some "discount" manufacturers like NOW being disregarded because of the prevailing brand loyalty and baseless assumption of increased quality with cost.

At the very least I would like to see valid reasons why certain manufacturers would not meet the specified quality standards.

There are quite a few private-label facilities most people have not heard of, GMC certified, who are capable of manufacturung this. I can think of three or four of the top of my head. We can bid it out, basically. There are some that have facilities in Malaysia for manufacture, with FDA licensing, ISO 9001 certification. Others are entirely in the US, though material is procured overseas. One company in Vermont accepts a minimum of 50,000 capsules or 100,000 tablets for an order. Your artwork or theirs. They take care of the label to meet FDA requirements. If we want someone else to bear the cost and market, it's another story. Given the relatively low doses of most vitamins, it might be possible to get a distributor such as Whole Foods interested. The question is if Imminst is willing and able to make the investment, or if some of our wealthier members are willing to be capitalists, or if we want to interest an established label in marketing and manufacturing for us.

#7 shazam

• Topic Starter
  • 197 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 10:15 PM

There are quite a few private-label facilities most people have not heard of, GMC certified, who are capable of manufacturung this. I can think of three or four of the top of my head. We can bid it out, basically. There are some that have facilities in Malaysia for manufacture, with FDA licensing, ISO 9001 certification. Others are entirely in the US, though material is procured overseas. One company in Vermont accepts a minimum of 50,000 capsules or 100,000 tablets for an order. Your artwork or theirs. They take care of the label to meet FDA requirements. If we want someone else to bear the cost and market, it's another story. Given the relatively low doses of most vitamins, it might be possible to get a distributor such as Whole Foods interested. The question is if Imminst is willing and able to make the investment, or if some of our wealthier members are willing to be capitalists, or if we want to interest an established label in marketing and manufacturing for us.

Very valid input. If it's an acceptable facility and could drive the cost down... then what's the big idea?

#8 doug123

• 2,424 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 11:41 PM

The price will be up to the manufacturer of course. They will be taking a risk by producing a mutli that is quite different from most. Imminst will require a small licensing fee if they want to highlight the Imminst member input or use the logo.

I know the bottler/formulator GeroNova uses. I can't post the name of the FDA approved lab they use to encapsulate their products due to a confidentiality agreement, but I can possibly tell whoever is in charge of budgeting the project when the time is right.

I will watch this thread and see whoever you guys are thinking of working with...then I can send the name and number of the lab to whoever is in charge here.

#9 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 03:43 PM

I know the bottler/formulator GeroNova uses. I can't post the name of the FDA approved lab they use to encapsulate their products due to a confidentiality agreement, but I can possibly tell whoever is in charge of budgeting the project when the time is right.

Hmm...

I have no relation to GeroNova, however this type of action you suggest ADAM would make anyone who signs a confidentiality agreement or NDA with the folks here, reconsider the relationship.

I am glad however, that you are simply a registered user, and have no real voice in these matters. There is no need to go outside of any NDA if the non-profit ends up producing this using a contract manufacturer... there are many that do a great job, such as Capsugel.

Cheers

A

Edited by Anthony_Loera, 16 November 2009 - 03:47 PM.

#10 doug123

• 2,424 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 08:21 PM

Hmm...

I have no relation to GeroNova, however this type of action you suggest ADAM would make anyone who signs a confidentiality agreement or NDA with the folks here, reconsider the relationship.

I am glad however, that you are simply a registered user, and have no real voice in these matters. There is no need to go outside of any NDA if the non-profit ends up producing this using a contract manufacturer... there are many that do a great job, such as Capsugel.

Cheers

A

I didn't sign anything with them, I just used to do my bottling through them. I know who they use.

I just don't really want to go out and say "hey this is their bottler" out of respect for what I believe was told to me in confidence.

It's a place in Nevada is all I will say here. It's probably the same people you use or have used in the past. A lot of companies use them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users