- - - - -

Resveratrol and Quercetin combination

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 12:23 AM

After using the Q/R combination for some months I have had no joint problems. Ive experienced an increase in stamina as well as a tremendous decrease in overall fat, a positive side. I think the combination is synergistic at comparitively low doses.

Do you know your D-25 hydroxy level? I believe if it is over 35, you will not experience joint pain, under 30, you will. This is an hypothesis based on the fact resveratrol is an anti-aromatase, and anti-aromatase drugs prescribed for osteoporosis cause joint pain that is alleviated by D3 supplementation or exposure to sunlight.

#32 2tender

• Topic Starter
  • 673 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 02:18 AM

After using the Q/R combination for some months I have had no joint problems. Ive experienced an increase in stamina as well as a tremendous decrease in overall fat, a positive side. I think the combination is synergistic at comparitively low doses.

Do you know your D-25 hydroxy level? I believe if it is over 35, you will not experience joint pain, under 30, you will. This is an hypothesis based on the fact resveratrol is an anti-aromatase, and anti-aromatase drugs prescribed for osteoporosis cause joint pain that is alleviated by D3 supplementation or exposure to sunlight.

No, I dont know what it is. I cant assume Im lacking, even though the only dairy product I use regularly is whey and I dont supplement with D. Perhaps it just fits my physiology and modest supplement regimen. I think that the anti-aromatase activity may only occur as needed or that some individuals are more prone to it than others, HRT cycles, increased estrogen levels in males, Androgen use, etc. Its good to know that D can mitigate this.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 09:39 AM

drmoz' D-25 hydroxy levels were in the healthy range, which confounds my theory that vitamin D explains joint pain with resveratrol.

#34 drmz

• 574 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 10:05 AM

drmoz' D-25 hydroxy levels were in the healthy range, which confounds my theory that vitamin D explains joint pain with resveratrol.

Will test D3 levels again this week or next week. Maybe too high now(?)

#35 J_o_L

• 25 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 11:25 AM

I'm now experiencing pain in my left wrist after adding quercetin three months ago. I've been using resveratrol for two years now without any joint problems. I don't know what my D3 levels are. I started supplementing D3 about a month ago, but only 500IU for the time being. Planning to increase the D3 to at least 1000IU and ditch the quercetin.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#36 2tender

• Topic Starter
  • 673 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 03:28 AM

It may be unrelated to the Q. Are you using the Licap MCT-Q ? The type of supplement can make a world of difference in my opinion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users