Photo
- - - - -

Resveratrol = muscle and arthritis

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#31 mighty

• 6 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 10:36 PM

I will keep everyone posted on my results. I believe that resveratrol can be used for bulking or for cutting. It all depends what your dieting for. I plan on bulking the whole winter like I do every year.

#32 pycnogenol

• 1,164 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 11:52 PM

I put my elderly mother on 500 mg of resveratrol for her knee arthritis late
last week (her doctor gave her the OK) so I will keep everyone posted.

Now if only resveratrol would help her wretched hearing (or lack thereof).

Edited by pycnogenol, 02 December 2009 - 11:55 PM.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 mighty

• 6 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 05:20 AM

Im now weighing in at 195.4. My fat percentage is still the same. Im getting very steady muscle gains. Im definitely gaining more muscle than I should be gaining. Im getting steadily stronger everytime I go to the gym. Hopefully these gains will keep coming. I will continue to keep everyone posted throughout the winter. I started at 189, my second post I was 192 and now 195.4. Ive been holding steady at 12% body fat.

#34 kurt9

• 256 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 05:29 AM

What I do not get is why a body builder would choose to take resveratrol as opposed to any number of other supplements designed for gains. I have never heard of a body builder just deciding out of nowhere to take resveratrol and not arginine, tribulus or any number of multivitamin formulas. Why resveratrol?

Because I'm into body building for life extension purposes, not to be extraordinarily huge. I got interested in life extension before I got interested in body building, not the other way around. I have never used the conventional body building supplements because I am happy enough with my build without them. I don't even take any nootropics. I take only the supplements I think have life extension potential.

#35 mighty

• 6 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 06:14 AM

Its been a while since Ive given an update, but I havent used res in a few months. I wanted to see how my gains would be without res just to debunk res being the reason for my gains. My diet has continuously been perfect. My weight is now 196.8. Over 2 months with no resveratrol and I only gained a measly pound. When I was on it, my weight was going up every week. I just got back on it yesterday so now we will definitely see without a shadow of a doubt if it's the resveratrol. My diet will remain the same.

#36 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 06:39 PM

Its been a while since Ive given an update, but I havent used res in a few months. I wanted to see how my gains would be without res just to debunk res being the reason for my gains. My diet has continuously been perfect. My weight is now 196.8. Over 2 months with no resveratrol and I only gained a measly pound. When I was on it, my weight was going up every week. I just got back on it yesterday so now we will definitely see without a shadow of a doubt if it's the resveratrol. My diet will remain the same.

Check your body fat percentage too if you can. Weight gain as lean mass needs to be distinguished from fat gain or increased water weight.

#37 peteo

• 47 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 08:12 PM

Great keep us posted.

I lift weights & do cardio at the gym to stay healthy and help with my out door activities (hiking, snow shoeing. MTbiking etc..)
I'm looking to take Resveratrol to slow down the effects of aging which I'm really starting to feel now (I'm almost 38) It takes me a while to "warm up" doing any kind of exercise, (Vo2 max seems down) and I just don't feel like I have the same energy I had just a few years ago. Ive been taking vitamins and eating fairly healthy for at least the past 20 years. Hoping Resveratrol will stop or significantly slow the slide.

Edited by peteo, 08 March 2010 - 08:12 PM.

#38 mighty

• 6 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 02:05 AM

My fat percentage has remained at 12.2 percent. Today I weighed in at 200.0 lbs. I'm feeling more muscular than a week ago too. It seems wiered that i went up 3 pounds that quick. Im gonna keep monitoring the progress as time goes on and keep everyone updated. My diet has remained the same.

#39 unglued

• 171 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 07:25 AM

Now if only resveratrol would help her wretched hearing (or lack thereof).

I believe that hearing loss in elderly people is most commonly caused by loss of cochlear hair cells. I haven't heard anyone claim that resveratrol helps regenerate tissues that don't normally regrow. I know there's research that may someday lead to stem cell treatments for regrowing cochlear hair.

#40 jazzcat

• 139 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 12:40 PM

Polyphenols are known to chelate copper.

High copper may cause hypothyroidism or high estrogen while low copper may cause hyperthyroidism and low estrogen levels. Chelating copper can also improve zinc status which might help with testosterone levels. High cu makes it hard for some to lose weight.

Copper is beneficial to arthritics and some sufferers believe that wearing a copper bracelet helps their arthritis (in their wrists perhaps).

Copper helps reduce inflammation.

I think CoQ10 may also lower copper levels.

Some people may be fine chelating copper for a limited period but no one needs to chelate copper indefinitely.

The usual lab tests (serum cu and CP levels) may not be all that revealing sometimes. But low cu can cause low estrogen and high total cholesterol so it might be prudent to get some lab work done at regular intervals to see what's changing with resv supplementing.

If resv has benefits then it's also possible that it could have a dowside as well; anything can be toxic if the dose is high enough. Is there any method for knowing what dose to take.

#41 2tender

• 673 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 03:37 PM

For dose, the general consensus, if using the purest and best micronized product available, is between 250 and 500 mgs daily, with regular breaks from all supplements on occasion. IME using more than that for an extended period of time should be reserved for people with serious conditions. At this dose copper should'nt be a problem for most reasonably healthy people. JMO and I hope it helps you.

#42 browser

• Validating/Suspended
  • 319 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 03:55 PM

Mighty,you may want to add MCT Quercetin, available from the leading vendor taken with your daily Resveratrol dose. Please continue posting your progress. In my case I shed pounds of fat, mostly on abs and glutes, the surprising thing was I didnt lose strength or muscle. After an approximate year of use benefits remain, upper body has increased in size, muscle tonus is great and feel better in general. I also take other supps, but, like you didnt notice changes until the addition of Resveratrol. There is something positive regarding Res. although some people claim they cant take it.

I stopped taking 3 grams MCT Quercetin with my morning dose of 3 grams Nitro 250 Resveratrol a few days ago. I was also taking about 8 grams of Jarrow Quercetin capsules during the day. For months I struggled to get the training effect in my brisk walking for 1-2 hours a day. I ever had to push myself, as I got winded (we have hills of a sort where I reside) towards the end and halfway through my muscles said they were sore. Since being off the MCT and Jarrow Quercetin and on 2 aspirins 15 minutes before taking the 3 grams Nitro 250 Resveratrol to prevent sulphonation I've not only completed my 2 hours of brisk walking easily, I've had to stop myself from going for another 2 hours. Quercetin isn't very bioavailable. I'm not sure how much it gets to the liver to spare Resveratrol. Aspirin's salicylic acid is 4.5X less of an inhibitor of sulphonation of Resveratrol than Quercetin but aspirin is water soluble and at least 70% gets into the blood stream.

Tomorrow morning I'm going to take a small squirt of liposomal Vitamin C with my 12 Nitro 250s. Vitamin C and other anti-oxidants are shown to protect Curcumin from gluconation in the GI tract. I expect it to do the same with Resveratrol.

Edited by browser, 21 March 2010 - 04:23 PM.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#43 2tender

• 673 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 04:50 PM

Browser, I think you're taking the right approach and I think that it will work for you. Dropping, adding, fluctuating dose, according to body feedback is the way to go IMO. Im glad you post here regularly and will continue to do so. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users