Photo
- - - - -

A tribute to sulbutiamine

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 The Likud Is Behind It

• 112 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 02:32 AM

One of the things I enjoy about nootropics is the qualitative effects. Sure it's nice that we can measure increased speed and know that our concentration and attention are better than before. But I really appreciate when they improve quality of life in the small ways. Like the way aniracetam makes you take a second to notice the stars.

I had a "holy moly this is great" moment with sulbutiamine today.

A long time ago I used to get a runners high when exercising. It's almost like I would go into a meditative state during exercise and come out feeling so much better. I haven't had this experience in a long time. Instead, for the last couple years when I do carido, I'm constantly checking the timer to see how much time I have left, am doing calculations about how much percent of the workout I've accomplished, or am distracting myself with something in the gym. I'm always mentally preoccupied, even though I know what it's like to zone out and try to force myself into the zone now and then.

Today was my second day on sulbutiamine, and the first day since starting it that I've done cardio.

Today I went into the zone again. Instead of being distracted and in my head thinking, all I was aware of was my body and the good feeling I get while working out. Instead of being aware of every last 30 seconds that go by, I was in the zone feeling good and would lose the zone for a second only to notice that minutes had gone by. Instead of feeling like I was forcing myself to workout, I lost track of "clock time," was feeling the pure physicality of the workout, eased into it instead of resisting it, and ended up wishing I had more time to work out instead of being happy it was over.

I used to tense up a little bit about dragging myself to the gym one last time. But I am really looking forward to working out tomorrow. Not only that, but I've been more calm, relaxed, and focused all day. This is one nootropic I plan to take indefinitely.

Cheers guys. Thanks for the recommendation!

#2 Johann

• 372 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 02:36 AM

You make me want to get some. Got a good and cheap supplier?
On a sidenote, I bought some N-acetylglucosamine on recommendation from a poster here and have had great results with increased joint lubrication. I was using regular glucosamine w/ MSM and it was good but this is great.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 msied

• 88 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 02:44 AM

From the opposite avenue, I finally received an order of nefiracetam today, regardless of the nonsense overdose-caused-testicle-shrinkage-in-canines consistently complained about on this forum. Another forum implied it would put me on par with "Nietzsche's overman", an appeal I could not pass up for the life of me. I took half a regular dose a few hours ago, just because that was the leftovers of the capping process. Since then, I've been pulled into multiple intellectual conversations with old friends about a host of outlandishly abstract things (reality vs unreality), and thanks to the generated arrogance nefiracetam gave me, it looks like I've left an gentle, not overborne impact. And the line of logic all comes very easily as if a piori in me to begin with. Dangerous, but in terms of getting things done and being a convincing person--I have no regrets. Pramiracetam can suck it compared to this experience.

#4 The Likud Is Behind It

• Topic Starter
  • 112 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 02:49 AM

You make me want to get some. Got a good and cheap supplier?
On a sidenote, I bought some N-acetylglucosamine on recommendation from a poster here and have had great results with increased joint lubrication. I was using regular glucosamine w/ MSM and it was good but this is great.

I did price comparison shopping with google. The cheapest I could find was narcomundo.com http://www.narcomund...l/#Sulbutiamine Free shipping too!

Although I'm sure some people will want to go with a retailer with a more professional and reputable website.

It looks like I'm stupid today because there are plenty of sites on google with cheaper Sulbutiamine. I'd have to check my email receipt to see if that's the price I paid. I'm SURE I did comparison shopping.

Edit:
> I finally received an order of nefiracetam today

Where did you buy it from? I haven't looked for it, but I remember people saying it wasn't very common among retailers.

Edited by bmud, 21 November 2009 - 03:11 AM.

#5 msied

• 88 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 02:54 AM

Where did you buy it from? I haven't looked for it, but I remember people saying it wasn't very common among retailers.

Oh believe me, it was a hassle. There was only one source: Team Life Research. Online payments not acceptable to them, I had to put some cash in the mail. Big risk on my part--their website even went down during the transaction process, but I eventually got what I ordered.

#6 abelard lindsay

• 873 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 08:10 AM

From the opposite avenue, I finally received an order of nefiracetam today, regardless of the nonsense overdose-caused-testicle-shrinkage-in-canines consistently complained about on this forum. Another forum implied it would put me on par with "Nietzsche's overman", an appeal I could not pass up for the life of me. I took half a regular dose a few hours ago, just because that was the leftovers of the capping process. Since then, I've been pulled into multiple intellectual conversations with old friends about a host of outlandishly abstract things (reality vs unreality), and thanks to the generated arrogance nefiracetam gave me, it looks like I've left an gentle, not overborne impact. And the line of logic all comes very easily as if a piori in me to begin with. Dangerous, but in terms of getting things done and being a convincing person--I have no regrets. Pramiracetam can suck it compared to this experience.

The only thing that made me feel close to "Nietzsche's Overman", and I kid you not, was Indium Sulfate. The anxiety side effects are somewhat terrifying, but after I took it, I went into a book store and started reading Borges. I could read it super-fast and got every word of it. Borges is a very difficult and abstract author and while reading it, it felt as if it was streaming through my brain. I'm normally a slow reader too. I've never felt that "smart" on anything. I haven't taken it in a few months though, the anxiety and other effects are just too bizarre.

#7 chilp

• 89 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 11:12 AM

bmud, enjoy it while lasts. Because after three days, I couldn't feel the initial effects. Tolerance, I would say.

#8 425runner

• 158 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 01:35 PM

Yes, tolerance to sulbutiamine builds up quickly. Take a few days off and voila - it'll work again! :~

quote name='chilp' date='Nov 21 2009, 03:12 AM' post='364036']
bmud, enjoy it while lasts. Because after three days, I couldn't feel the initial effects. Tolerance, I would say.
[/quote]

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#9 matthias7

• 117 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 01:56 PM

For me - it has an effect for sure - not an amazing effect however. I can't be hassled to take it.

Need to try after some cardio.

Edited by matthias7, 21 November 2009 - 01:57 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users