Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Adam Kamil has passed away

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 cmorera

• 168 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 12:07 AM

this is shocking news I just found out from his Facebook feed. Apparently he died December 31, 2009 after he went missing for 3 days. I do not have any details except for that there is a memorial service, tomorrow in LA.

http://www.facebook....9...7213&ref=mf

I know he had friends here, and those who were not his friends, but he was still an important figure in research and contributing here in this community while he was with us. RIP Adam, who I knew in San Diego and met with several times. He was a good guy, although in a rough situation in which he struggled.

#2 Shannon Vyff

• Life Member, Director Lead Moderator
  • 3,897 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 12:15 AM

Anybody know how he died? He was not only a very nice person, he was intelligent and will be missed very much. This is such sad news.

#3 cmorera

• Topic Starter
  • 168 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 12:27 AM

Anybody know how he died? He was not only a very nice person, he was intelligent and will be missed very much. This is such sad news.

hes, he really was a cool smart guy. I don't know if its wrong for me to guess, but I suspect its one of 2 things. If you remember, Adam was a former drug user (cocaine), and came to these forums originally because he had quit everything and was seeking a better life. Its a natural decision to want to repair your health as much as possible after abusing it. He went the medical route, and both his parents are doctors (I believe highly ranked doctors also). When I saw him, they had diagnosed him with nearly everything in the book, and had prescribed him a cabinet full of medications obviously going the pharmaceutical route, such as seroquel, lithium, and several ADHD/anti depressants. So, he was taking these always, so it was either somehow related to too much toxicity/mixtures of these for several years (he was only 31 years old) while him not getting better, or ... if he suffered a relapse into street drugs again.

Either way its a very sad loss of life, I plan on going to the memorial tomorrow. I feel bad that somehow I wasn't able to do more as a friend to help if it was one of these things.

If anyone is planning on going to the memorial I would like to meet you and maybe speak a bit. I do not know anyone who will be there, as we did not share any mutual friends. Post here if you are considering going and we can plan to meet up somehow.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 02:34 AM

Quite saddened to hear this.

#5 Logan

• 1,869 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 05:17 AM

hes, he really was a cool smart guy. I don't know if its wrong for me to guess, but I suspect its one of 2 things. If you remember, Adam was a former drug user (cocaine), and came to these forums originally because he had quit everything and was seeking a better life. Its a natural decision to want to repair your health as much as possible after abusing it. He went the medical route, and both his parents are doctors (I believe highly ranked doctors also). When I saw him, they had diagnosed him with nearly everything in the book, and had prescribed him a cabinet full of medications obviously going the pharmaceutical route, such as seroquel, lithium, and several ADHD/anti depressants. So, he was taking these always, so it was either somehow related to too much toxicity/mixtures of these for several years (he was only 31 years old) while him not getting better, or ... if he suffered a relapse into street drugs again.

Either way its a very sad loss of life, I plan on going to the memorial tomorrow. I feel bad that somehow I wasn't able to do more as a friend to help if it was one of these things.

If anyone is planning on going to the memorial I would like to meet you and maybe speak a bit. I do not know anyone who will be there, as we did not share any mutual friends. Post here if you are considering going and we can plan to meet up somehow.

I didn't know him or ever interact with him in anyway, but this is very sad. He was so young.

I seriously doubt he died for medications such as seroquel, lithium, and antidepressants. It is possible that if he was on something like Adderall, it could have combined with other medications to cause a heart attack. This happened to a best friend of ours, he was 28.
  • dislike x 1

#6 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 06:16 AM

This is so sad. I got some stuff from him in early December.

You never expect this to happen to someone so young, he was just about my age ...

Edited by rwac, 10 January 2010 - 06:16 AM.

#7 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 06:40 AM

You know, I was just thinking yesterday about that guy who sold nootropics in Philadelphia who died a couple years ago in his late 20's. I think they called it a heart attack. This sad news about Adam is really out of the blue, but it feels familiar. This shouldn't be happening.

#8 DukeNukem

• 2,008 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 05:54 PM

I had literally dozens of email and phone conversations with Adam. Extremely nice, but troubled in many ways, too. He very much wanted to do the right thing, and help other people with their health. I'm shocked by this news, but knowing about his troubles, not completely surprised. Very sad.

#9 s123

• Director
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 07:22 PM

This is sad news. My condolences to his family and friends.

#10 senseix

• 250 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 07:53 PM

I had read a few posts by him, but never spoke with him one on one, still sad news. My condolences to his friends and family.

#11 kenj

• 747 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 08:27 PM

Very Sorry to hear this. My condolences to his friends & family.

#12 forever freedom

• 2,362 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 10:49 PM

What was his username here?

#13 Shannon Vyff

• Life Member, Director Lead Moderator
  • 3,897 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 11:06 PM

Please post any news on his recent life as possible, I too emailed with him on some topics...it hurts to have someone you genuinely liked pass away, at such a young age and not to have been cryo preserved. He did a lot for life extension:

http://blog.methusel...three_hund.html

http://www.wisdompor...yResources.html

#14 pycnogenol

• 1,164 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 12:41 AM

What was his username here?

His username here was nootropi

Edited by pycnogenol, 11 January 2010 - 12:43 AM.

#15 bacopa

• Validating/Suspended
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 01:08 AM

horrible...ugh...sorry to hear this.

#16 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 03:36 AM

I feel so badly for his friends and family. This is especially striking since its one of us. It reminds me how I should continue to be struck about every death across the board.

#17 eternaltraveler

• Guest, Guardian
  • 6,471 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 04:14 AM

terrible. Just terrible.

he was a big part of imminst years ago. He will be missed. I'm at a loss.

This enemy must be stopped

Edited by eternaltraveler, 11 January 2010 - 04:16 AM.

#18 alexoverhere

• 55 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 06:47 PM

ugh.. i came across this forum when i googled for adam's contact info today. i will remember him as very friendly, helpful, and sharp... sad loss

#19 medicineman

• 750 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 11:05 PM

I'm sorry to hear this. Even though I didn't know the guy, I read some of his posts on imminst, and I am sure he has usernames in some of the other health forums online.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users