• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo

Canada should have it's own separate forum

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 The Immortalist

• 1,462 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 10:14 AM

The reason I think Canada should have it's own forum is because the United states is much bigger than Canada and the US members kind of "drown" the Canadian members out of the picture.

#2 The Immortalist

• Topic Starter
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 09:08 AM

Does anybody have anything they would like to add?

#3 Sebastian

• 45 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 11:36 AM

I would agree. :)

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 eternaltraveler

• Guest, Guardian
  • 6,471 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 03:55 PM

Yeah. Its quite frankly offensive that Canada is lumped in with the US. I don't want to be mistaken for a Canadian.

:)

#5 lunarsolarpower

• 1,323 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 06:39 PM

Yeah. Its quite frankly offensive that Canada is lumped in with the US. I don't want to be mistaken for a Canadian.

Taking that hockey thing a bit seriously are we?

#6 Ghostrider

• 1,996 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 06:47 PM

The reason I think Canada should have it's own forum is because the United states is much bigger than Canada and the US members kind of "drown" the Canadian members out of the picture.

Can you explain to me how the US members "drown" the Canadian members out of the picture? I didn't realize that life-extension methods was based on country of residence.

#7 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 07:11 PM

After thinking about it a bit I think I could go for either.

I like how lumping USA and Canada together seems like it could take the edge off of that mentality where people think that the USA thinks its the top dog. By lumping USA with Canada it makes the USA look like more of a team player, which it is.

#8 thughes

• 262 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 08:35 PM

IMO, the only thing useful to talk about in a Canadian forum would be restrictions on supplements that US people don't have to suffer with (why oh why is DHEA treated the same as Cocaine?), possible inavailability of certain medicines or medical procedures (yay for some insulin pumps just not being available), and local chapters.

If someone wants to talk about that stuff, then its useful!

- Tracy

#9 1kgcoffee

• 737 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 10:04 PM

A single north america forum is enough, IMHO, we don't want to have an excessive number of forums with little activity.
  • like x 1

#10 eternaltraveler

• Guest, Guardian
  • 6,471 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 12:13 AM

Taking that hockey thing a bit seriously are we?

no. I was being sarcastic. hence the :)

having separate US and canadian forms is silly in my opinion. The two combined have hardly any activity. Country of nationality should not be a dividing factor, but broad geographic regions (are we really that tribalistic?). A "North America" forum would be fine, further subdivisions should be based on activity.

#11 Ellipticality

• 43 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 10:45 PM

I can see the the United States from my room. Infact Im looking at it as I type this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users