• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Coenzymated B Complex + Biotin

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

Poll: Coenzymated B Complex & Biotin (4 member(s) have cast votes)

Coenzymated B Complex?

1. Yes (4 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. No (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Biotin?

1. 100 mcg (1 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

2. 200 mcg (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. 300 mcg (3 votes [75.00%])

Percentage of vote: 75.00%

Vote

#1 MoodyBlue

• 144 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 10:59 PM

I see that some members have suggested some of the B complex vitamins. The literature which came with the Source Naturals "Coenzymate B Complex" I use claimed that as we age our bodies gradually lose their ability to convert the B complex vitamins into their coenzyme form which is the only form in which they have use in our metabolism. Since some of us are at more advanced stages of aging than others, such a supplemention would benefit some of us more than others. However, coenzyme forms should not cause the bodies of the more youthful to forget how to convert vitamins to those forms, so it wouldn't hurt for them to take them also. In addition, I would suggest increasing the amount of Biotin, though I'm not sure how much to include. The reason for a higher amount of Biotin is that I recently found out while looking into Alpha Lipoic Acid, that in addition to optimizing the activity of ALA, it is also involved in the metabolism of the other B complex vitamins. Though Biotin deficeincy is rare, it occasionally does occur, and since many Imminst members take ALA, the extra Biotin would insure optimization of its activity. One ALA product I saw includes 333 mcg of Biotin with each dose of ALA.

By the way, as an addendum, I'd like to state that the effect of ALA is not truly realized unless one is taking Vitamin C in the form of ascorbic acid (it has 2 extra electrons, while mineral ascorbates only have 1), along with reduced Glutathione. Contrary to the belief that enzymes secreted by the duodenum and jejunum destroy the Glutathione Tri-Peptide, I took a chance on taking it in that form and I notice an unmistakeable effect all over shortly after ingesting it. The ALA never revealed its benefits to me until I started using Glutathione Tri-Pep (JoMar Labs has a good price).

Edited by moodyblue, 27 February 2010 - 11:36 PM.

#2 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 12:24 AM

Watch out. Sometimes the Co-enzyme forms are not capable of performing all the functions of the vitamin.

For example, Thiamine and Benfotiamine.

#3 shazam

• 197 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 11:10 PM

Watch out. Sometimes the Co-enzyme forms are not capable of performing all the functions of the vitamin.

For example, Thiamine and Benfotiamine.

Good feedback. I think benfo might not be included anyway though..

Any other examples you know of? We are looking into several different forms here and there last I checked.

#4 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 04:04 AM

I just noticed this is in the design forum.

Last time I checked, the supplement design is done, or almost so.
I don't think much can change at this point.

Edited by rwac, 09 March 2010 - 04:05 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users