Photo
- - - - -

Daily Resveratrol use after a year.

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 2tender

• 673 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 01:51 PM

Ive been using the best available, pre-emulsified, micronized, 250 mgs capsule, combined with a half dose of M98 and other supps in a whey, glutamine, creatine mixed with fruit juice for this long. I recently stopped dosing daily and then re-started on alternate days. I do feel better after taking it. Ive also gone from 190 to 175 lbs. I do have a regimen of other supps, but Resveratrol is the addition that made a difference. I think that taking an occassional break is beneficial to its effects and that high doses should not be taken for extended periods. 500 mgs and under seem to be the best dosing for me. Any others with similar experiences? Comments?

#2 hmm

• 143 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 02:52 PM

Ive been using the best available, pre-emulsified, micronized, 250 mgs capsule, combined with a half dose of M98 and other supps in a whey, glutamine, creatine mixed with fruit juice for this long. I recently stopped dosing daily and then re-started on alternate days. I do feel better after taking it. Ive also gone from 190 to 175 lbs. I do have a regimen of other supps, but Resveratrol is the addition that made a difference. I think that taking an occasional break is beneficial to its effects and that high doses should not be taken for extended periods. 500 mgs and under seem to be the best dosing for me. Any others with similar experiences? Comments?

After taking rsv using various methods over the past two years, I have settled in on the Nitro 250 capsules for the past year. I have only taken breaks for injuries or operations, which have unfortunately been uncharacteristically numerous (two lithotripsies, badly sprained ankle, and most recently some fractured bones from an accident). For the lithotripsies it is doctor's orders not to take any supplements for a week before the procedure. For the injury stuff I tried to provide a couple weeks off rsv in hopes of enhancing the healing of the ankle, tendons, fractures. Each time I stopped, I did feel a kind of nagging desire to resume again after a week or so.

But other than that nagging feeling, the longer I have taken rsv, the more transparent it has become to me, both in terms of negative and positive symptoms. Since going from 2 grams of powder mixed in voka and eggnog to 2 Nitro 250's per day, I have yet to have yet to get any of the extra gas or diarrhea that occasionally occurred in the earlier days. There seems to be a heavy amount of tolerance factor involved as far as negative symptoms are concerned -- I hope there isn't a lot of tolerance factor involved as far as benefits are concerned as well...

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 cpgrower

• 13 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 03:18 PM

I'm a newbie here. Just started taking resv 2 weeks ago (98% powder from China). I combine 300-400 mg resv daily with about 150 mg quercetin. I take it mixed in vodka + water + lecithin, fist holding in my mouth for 1-2 minutes, then swallowing it. So far, I see no visible effects or changes. I might have lost 2 pounds but that may be due to eating and drinking alcohol less.
When should I expect to see any noticable effects? Or should I?
Also, since my resv came as powder, can anyone recommend me an accurate way to measure the dose?
Thanks in advance.

#4 2tender

• Topic Starter
  • 673 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 03:28 PM

After the flurry of negative posts regarding Resveratrol, I decided to break from use for a time to ascertain whether I really was getting benefits from its use. Ive had no nagging feelings to use it, but I did notice a lessening in stamina after stopping, nothing major, but still noticeable. Once I resumed, using it 3 times wkly at this point, Ive experienced more energy, better mood, better sleep, and a better start to my day upon waking. If nothing else, Resveratrol is usefull for the combination of these marginal differences. Long term benefits should accompany these effects in a compilative manner. Im really wondering how many people are, and have been using Resveratrol long term with the same subjective experiences. I would like to ask Anthony, how many people are on auto-ship or are long term regular users> A ball park figure would be okay. Obviously there are enough to stay in business. I think Resveratrol is a worthwhile product. Could I be wrong?

#5 browser

• Validating/Suspended
  • 319 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 07:40 PM

Ive been using the best available, pre-emulsified, micronized, 250 mgs capsule, combined with a half dose of M98 and other supps in a whey, glutamine, creatine mixed with fruit juice for this long. I recently stopped dosing daily and then re-started on alternate days. I do feel better after taking it. Ive also gone from 190 to 175 lbs. I do have a regimen of other supps, but Resveratrol is the addition that made a difference. I think that taking an occassional break is beneficial to its effects and that high doses should not be taken for extended periods. 500 mgs and under seem to be the best dosing for me. Any others with similar experiences? Comments?

Was the weight loss spontaneous or the result of dieting? I received a PM from someone who spoke about a guy who weighed 400 pounds and lost nearly half of it taking 7 grams of Resveratrol a day. I'm just recently on 3 grams a day of Nitro 250 first protected by MCT Quercetin then for the last two days by two adult aspirins. Before that I was taking 800 mg. Resveratrol in the form of Longev1nex for a few months. My appetite has actually increased though I take a daily brisk 1-2 hour walk. My weight has stabilized. I could stand to lose 50 pounds. When does this happen with Resveratrol?

#6 2tender

• Topic Starter
  • 673 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 09:14 PM

Was the weight loss spontaneous or the result of dieting? I received a PM from someone who spoke about a guy who weighed 400 pounds and lost nearly half of it taking 7 grams of Resveratrol a day. I'm just recently on 3 grams a day of Nitro 250 first protected by MCT Quercetin then for the last two days by two adult aspirins. Before that I was taking 800 mg. Resveratrol in the form of Longev1nex for a few months. My appetite has actually increased though I take a daily brisk 1-2 hour walk. My weight has stabilized. I could stand to lose 50 pounds. When does this happen with Resveratrol?

It was gradual and spontaneous. After I added MCT Q with the N 250, after 2 months the fat loss was almost shocking. I stopped the MCT Q because I was losing too much bulk, then the Resveratrol for the break in all supplementing. I had also added mito-gold and liquid l-Carnitine towards the end of the 2 months. Im sure that added to the overall fat loss. Im back on regimen now only using the MCT Q on alternate days and skipping 2 to 3 dys per week for all supps.

#7 peteo

• 47 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 04:17 PM

It was gradual and spontaneous. After I added MCT Q with the N 250, after 2 months the fat loss was almost shocking. I stopped the MCT Q because I was losing too much bulk, then the Resveratrol for the break in all supplementing. I had also added mito-gold and liquid l-Carnitine towards the end of the 2 months. Im sure that added to the overall fat loss. Im back on regimen now only using the MCT Q on alternate days and skipping 2 to 3 dys per week for all supps.

What do you think MCT Q is doing?, Just added taking that with n250

I have to say, I took 500mg (not micro) Resveratrol for a 1/2 year and liked it. I ran out and didn't use it for about a year. I really wanted to get back to taking it so I ordered n 250 and have been using it for 2 weeks, and really so far I am still tired, seem to be gaining weight ( not losing it) and its not improving my energy like it seem to do before. I'm taking it at night before bed and I'm having a hard time getting a good night sleep. I might change to taking it in the morning. but Im a little discouraged right now.

#8 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 04:44 PM

What do you think MCT Q is doing?, Just added taking that with n250

I have to say, I took 500mg (not micro) Resveratrol for a 1/2 year and liked it. I ran out and didn't use it for about a year. I really wanted to get back to taking it so I ordered n 250 and have been using it for 2 weeks, and really so far I am still tired, seem to be gaining weight ( not losing it) and its not improving my energy like it seem to do before. I'm taking it at night before bed and I'm having a hard time getting a good night sleep. I might change to taking it in the morning. but Im a little discouraged right now.

Try taking resveratrol in the morning. It triggers a cascade of effects, including affecting the CLK genes which set the circadian clock. I posted a mouse study a year or so ago showing if resveratrol administration was out of sync with their circadian rhythm there were adverse effects. I suggest about 1 mg of melatonin at night, at least until you get your body's clock reset.

Some people, and mouse studies, have reported weight gain and lethargy with resveratrol. I suspect it is from administering at the wrong time of day.

Circadian Clock Feedback Cycle Through NAMPT-Mediated NAD+ Biosynthesis
Kathryn Moynihan Ramsey,1,2,3* Jun Yoshino,6* Cynthia S. Brace,6* Dana Abrassart,1,2 Yumiko
Kobayashi,1,2,3 Biliana Marcheva,1,2 Hee-Kyung Hong,2 Jason L. Chong,2 Ethan D. Buhr,2 Choogon Lee,4
Joseph S. Takahashi,2,5 Shin-ichiro Imai,6† Joseph Bass1,2,3†
1Department of Medicine, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, 2200 Campus Drive, Evanston, IL 60208–
3500, USA. 2Department of Neurobiology and Physiology, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, 2200
Campus Drive, Evanston, IL 60208–3500, USA. 3NorthShore University Health System Research Institute and Department of
Medicine, Evanston, IL 60201, USA. 4Department of Biomedical Sciences, College of Medicine, Florida State University,
Tallahasee, FL 32306, USA. 5Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL 60208, USA.
6Department of Developmental Biology, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO 63110, USA.

The circadian clock is encoded by a transcriptiontranslation
feedback loop that synchronizes behavior and
metabolism with the light-dark cycle. Here we report that
both the rate-limiting enzyme in mammalian NAD+
biosynthesis, nicotinamide phosphoribosyltransferase
(NAMPT), and levels of NAD+, display circadian
oscillations which are regulated by the core clock
machinery in mice. Inhibition of NAMPT promotes
oscillation of the clock gene Per2 by releasing
CLOCK:BMAL1 from suppression by SIRT1. In turn,
the circadian transcription factor CLOCK binds to and
up-regulates Nampt, thus completing a feedback loop
involving NAMPT/NAD+ and SIRT1/CLOCK:BMAL1.

#9 cpgrower

• 13 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 12:02 PM

Have you seen the below study ?

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/19695122

Resveratrol opposite effects on rat tissue lipoperoxidation: pro-oxidant during day-time and antioxidant at night.

We investigated the dosing-time dependency of acute resveratrol administration on lipoperoxidation level found in the heart, liver and kidney of male rats synchronized with a 12-h dark-light cycle. Resveratrol was administered by the i.p. route at the middle of the dark (6 h after dark onset, HADO) or light span (18 HADO) and thiobarbituric acid reactive species (TBARS) measured 4 h later at 10 and 22 HADO, respectively. Basal TBARS levels in the three organs were higher during the night span when compared to day span. Resveratrol effect on tissues TBARS was also dosing-time dependent. When administered during the dark phase, resveratrol decreased TBARS levels whereas at the light span, the polyphenol increased TBARS in the three organs. Resveratrol behaved as an antioxidant during the dark span and as a pro-oxidant during the light span. These data suggested a day/night rhythm in basal lipoperoxidation and in resveratrol antioxidant effect.

#10 2tender

• Topic Starter
  • 673 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 01:13 PM

Contradictory and contrary studies abound. These are rodent studies, rodents are pretty much nocturnal, arent they? I have had problems sleeping if I take Resveratrol late in the day or just before bed, although I havent taken it that way in some time. I may take it before bed and see if it still has that effect. People have reported not having a problem with it. I took my Resveratrol at approx. 5 pm yesterday, and got to sleep by midnight didnt notice any problems going to sleep or staying asleep and today feel as rested as I usually do. I do feel a difference in stamina, mood and energy when I am using it as opposed to not using it for long periods. Perhaps redundant and anecdotal of course. But I wouidnt be taking it if there was no difference in terms of exercise endurance, well-being etc. That goes for all supplements I use. When you get to be a young senior citizen, I think these things help, if not in terms of long term benefit, at least in the context of keeping that "getting older" feeling at bay. Perhaps its all just placebo.

#11 cpgrower

• 13 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 03:56 PM

Contradictory and contrary studies abound. These are rodent studies, rodents are pretty much nocturnal, arent they? I have had problems sleeping if I take Resveratrol late in the day or just before bed, although I havent taken it that way in some time. I may take it before bed and see if it still has that effect. People have reported not having a problem with it. I took my Resveratrol at approx. 5 pm yesterday, and got to sleep by midnight didnt notice any problems going to sleep or staying asleep and today feel as rested as I usually do. I do feel a difference in stamina, mood and energy when I am using it as opposed to not using it for long periods. Perhaps redundant and anecdotal of course. But I wouidnt be taking it if there was no difference in terms of exercise endurance, well-being etc. That goes for all supplements I use. When you get to be a young senior citizen, I think these things help, if not in terms of long term benefit, at least in the context of keeping that "getting older" feeling at bay. Perhaps its all just placebo.

Mind is a fascinating thing. I am for one a believer in placebo effect. When you believe something is working, it really is working. Since I've started taking resveratrol, I also feel more energy and stamina, even enhanced mood. I have to admit that most likely it's a placebo effect, but hey, what is to complain? This was the goal of taking it in the first place.
As for timing, I try to align it with dinners, with the belief that all the other natural plant compounds that I try to squeeze into my regular meals through vegetables may have a synergetic effect with resveratrol. This is by no means scientific but rather a semi-educated guess. And it has not effected my sleep in any negative way .In fact, on the contrary, I started sleeping like a log. Maybe I have some rodent genes in me :)

#12 2tender

• Topic Starter
  • 673 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 06:17 PM

Mind is a fascinating thing. I am for one a believer in placebo effect. When you believe something is working, it really is working. Since I've started taking resveratrol, I also feel more energy and stamina, even enhanced mood. I have to admit that most likely it's a placebo effect, but hey, what is to complain? This was the goal of taking it in the first place.
As for timing, I try to align it with dinners, with the belief that all the other natural plant compounds that I try to squeeze into my regular meals through vegetables may have a synergetic effect with resveratrol. This is by no means scientific but rather a semi-educated guess. And it has not effected my sleep in any negative way .In fact, on the contrary, I started sleeping like a log. Maybe I have some rodent genes in me :)

Agreed, if its placebo or not, I feel a difference after having added it to the regimen. Although I am skipping a couple days a week of all supps for now. I think it does help to take it with meals, as opposed to taking it on an empty stomach.

#13 drtom

• 84 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 12:37 PM

I am a 53 y.o. male. 180 cm and 72 kg.
I have been taking 250 gm resveratrol for about 32 months now.
I have had an occasional break of a few days when my mail-order has not arrived on time.

I take resveratrol with tea early in the morning (along with Mg, B-complex and a Biotivia complex called "Bio-Span").
I don't eat until lunchtime, when I have a small tin of tuna on a piece of bread and a small slice of fruit cake.
Dinner is stir-fried vegetables. Maybe a small piece of meat. I drink 375ml of beer and about 300ml red wine. Sometimes a shot of vodka. Every second day I do 100 pushups on knuckles on gravel, 50 deep knee-squats, then run 5-8 km.

During the first year my fasting glucose dropped 25% to borderline normal.
I have noticed increased muscle definition. (Although this could be due to my rather "spartan" diet.)
I seem to have no trouble rising at about 7 am. I seem to have adequate energy until suddenly the "batteries go flat" and I need to sleep.
I am hitting a golf ball further than ever (but this may be due to better clubs rather than resveratrol!)

Apologies if this report is boring. Just FWIW.

#14 2tender

• Topic Starter
  • 673 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 01:12 PM

Your posting and CPGrowers, are much appreciated. These are the kind of posts I have been looking for. Perhaps they are anecdotal and unsupported, but, Resveratrol does seem to have an effect that is common, for most people that can tolerate it. I am glad to hear from people that are getting perceived benefits and have taken it longer than I have. After the negative study that was pointed out, and it really came as no surprise that Res. does not activate Sirtuins. Ive been at odds over how it makes me feel and the disparity of the published study. Regardless, I feel better taking it at least 3-5 times weekly, if not daily, than I did when I started over a year ago. Hopefully, Dr. Sinclair and company will make a statement soon on its inherent qualities.

#15 farang

• 17 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 04:32 PM

48 yrs, male. I have taken resv 300 mg for six months, and I can say the following.

Subjective feeling: perhaps a bit more stamina, in muscles and sexually, but hard to quantify.

Objective: Lost abt 8 kg (10 %) within six weeks, and the weight stabilized at an optimal level. This is very positive.

The main reason I started to take resv is that I started to become forgetful and groggy and wanted to 'clear up' my brain. Thus, after some research I started with resv together with curcumin as these were the two most promising substances. And yes, I would say they have delivered, though it is difficult to say if it is the resv or curcumin or the combination of the two. Anyway, I will continue with the combination.

Resv or the combination has not helped with my other problems, unfortunately, i.e. asthma, psoriasis, peripheral neuropathy (hands). The neuropathy started after taking statins, so I advice against taking any - try niacin instead.

#16 peteo

• 47 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 07:23 PM

Thanks for the posts. I am going to start taking Resveratrol in the morning and see what happens. I have started to take Astral Fruit in the morning, so I will switch that to night since its supposed to conflict with Resveratrol. ill post here if i see any changes.

#17 2tender

• Topic Starter
  • 673 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 02:48 AM

I'm a newbie here. Just started taking resv 2 weeks ago (98% powder from China). I combine 300-400 mg resv daily with about 150 mg quercetin. I take it mixed in vodka + water + lecithin, fist holding in my mouth for 1-2 minutes, then swallowing it. So far, I see no visible effects or changes. I might have lost 2 pounds but that may be due to eating and drinking alcohol less.
Also, since my resv came as powder, can anyone recommend me an accurate way to measure the dose?
Thanks in advance.

Sorry, no one answered your question here. They should have sent you a scoop. I think that an eighth of a teaspoon should be about 300 to 500 mgs. depending on the purity of product. I wouldnt use anymore than a quarter of a teaspoon daily. I hope that helps you.

#18 cpgrower

• 13 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 06:17 AM

Thanks in advance.

Sorry, no one answered your question here. They should have sent you a scoop. I think that an eighth of a teaspoon should be about 300 to 500 mgs. depending on the purity of product. I wouldnt use anymore than a quarter of a teaspoon daily. I hope that helps you.

Thank you 2tendr. No scoop came with it. I've devised a method of my own in the meantime. I took a 500mg capsule of a similar powder supplement ( I used ALCAR in this case), and emptied it in a test tube. Then marked the level with a permanent marker. Now all I have to do is fill the tube up to that level with Resv. A bit primitive but probably works better than eye accuracy.

#19 cpgrower

• 13 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 06:20 AM

48 yrs, male. I have taken resv 300 mg for six months, and I can say the following.

Subjective feeling: perhaps a bit more stamina, in muscles and sexually, but hard to quantify.

Objective: Lost abt 8 kg (10 %) within six weeks, and the weight stabilized at an optimal level. This is very positive.

The main reason I started to take resv is that I started to become forgetful and groggy and wanted to 'clear up' my brain. Thus, after some research I started with resv together with curcumin as these were the two most promising substances. And yes, I would say they have delivered, though it is difficult to say if it is the resv or curcumin or the combination of the two. Anyway, I will continue with the combination.

Resv or the combination has not helped with my other problems, unfortunately, i.e. asthma, psoriasis, peripheral neuropathy (hands). The neuropathy started after taking statins, so I advice against taking any - try niacin instead.

This is very interesting. Did you lose the 8 kg without additional exercise or dieting? I've always suspected that my modest weight loss came with Resv usage but can not find any evidence on the web pertaining this.

#20 drtom

• 84 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 11:39 AM

I forgot to mention some of the possible downsides to taking resveratrol:

1) For the first 12 months or so I suffered from soft "stools" (to use the polite term!). This was with a 50% purity product.
Since then either I have become accustomed to the emodin or the production process has removed it, as I am back to normal.

2) I had occasional severe joint pain. I had never experienced this before. The first was my right bicep. It came on suddenly without any apparent trauma. It slowly resolved itself over a period of months.
The second was my right knee; sharp pain on the top of my patella (kneecap). A few days of resting from my morning run seemed to cure this.
The third case was when I changed to a pure T-resv product and suffered IMMEDIATE and SEVERE joint pain in several joints.
Each time I stopped the supp, the pain faded. Every time I resumed, it was back within 8 hours. I have gone back to the 50% product ever since.

In the case of my bicep I attribute it to resveratrol as it was the ONLY supp. I was taking back then.

Good health.
  • unsure x 1

#21 kenj

• 747 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 12:15 PM

Been taking resveratrol 98-99% powder at about a gram on/off (mostly on) for close to 3 years, miXed in soy milk and/or yougurt, plus various low-dose capped products (LEF, etc.) for abit longer.
FWIW, anecdotally--noticed increased appetite, food 'taste better', greater stamina for long endurance aerobic eXercise, reduced need for sleep, 'mentally' less patience with life (->I want it, and I want it NAAO!), my blood pressure is measured at times abit higher than ever before resv, my fasting blood sugar is lower, noticed severe tendon pain at one point which went away when I stopped resv, and hasn't returned since -- what else; - had some kind of immune response/reaction when I for the first time upped the resv dose. And, at one point I fractured one of my ribs in an accident which hurt like hell, and noted increased pain whenever I took the resveratrol, so had to pause the supplementation for ~a few weeks (IIRC).
I could list a dozen other personal/anecdotal effects from resveratrol, but that would be even more speculation than the above listed effects, so, not sure 'bout the value in that. Plus, I've introduced other sups during the last couple years, but for me, - resv is a keeper in the pantry...

EDIT: would be interesting to test out the difference in dosing in the morning VS night, but I just get fatigued from a morning dose, and would ultimately need more Calories, so it's not sensible for me, it seems.

Edited by kenj, 26 March 2010 - 12:20 PM.

#22 2tender

• Topic Starter
  • 673 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 03:02 PM

There is good informative posting here. I experienced joint pain when I started Resveratrol, but I had similar pain on occasion before starting it. I cant directly attribute it to Resveratrol though, and when I started, I was using 2 differing types. After I stopped one of the products, joint pain diminished. I havent had any joint pain in quite some time, even though it was a harsh winter here. Its been speculated that this may be a result of Resveratrols "aromatase inhibition". If it is a side from Resveratrol it seems to wear off over time. If there were sides that I could pinpoint to Resveratrol or any other supplements use I would drop them from my regimen. I think that weight loss from the use of Resveratrol is a common report, and it could be of benefit. Right now, modest dosing of Resveratrol is a staple.

#23 full_circle

• 144 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 03:28 PM

resveratrol inhibits angiogenesis (growth of new blood vessels). now this may be a good news for cancer inhibition but not so good a news for bone-fracture healing or any wound healing for that matter, external or internal. resveratrol also is a blood thinner <-- another reason not to take it when injured. imo, huge dosage of resveratrol frequently talked about here, should never be taken, especially in combination of huge dose of fishoil and magnesium etc. which also thin blood a lot (may cause brain hemorrhage) resveratrol also is a chelator, especially copper, lack of which hardens/weakens artery and may cause joint pain and bone fragility. there are a couple more underrated resveratrol risks.

Edited by full_circle, 26 March 2010 - 03:51 PM.

#24 hmm

• 143 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 05:26 PM

Thanks in advance.

You guys might want to consider borrowing/buying a reliable scale. I was pretty amazed at how far off I was trying to measure with my spoon set. My recollection without checking back into old threads is that when I thought I was using enough spoonfuls to be taking 4 grams a day, the scale showed I was taking 2.5 grams per day. Between the varying densities of products, and batches within products, and the variations that can be found within measuring spoons themselves, weighing on an actual scale could really be helpful for you and everyone else as far as understanding exactly what dosages are involved.

#25 hmm

• 143 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 05:32 PM

resveratrol inhibits angiogenesis (growth of new blood vessels). now this may be a good news for cancer inhibition but not so good a news for bone-fracture healing or any wound healing for that matter, external or internal. resveratrol also is a blood thinner <-- another reason not to take it when injured. imo, huge dosage of resveratrol frequently talked about here, should never be taken, especially in combination of huge dose of fishoil and magnesium etc. which also thin blood a lot (may cause brain hemorrhage) resveratrol also is a chelator, especially copper, lack of which hardens/weakens artery and may cause joint pain and bone fragility. there are a couple more underrated resveratrol risks.

Broke my wrist, clavicle and thumb 4 weeks back, maybe missed about a week of my daily 2-pill allotment of Nitro250, but then went back to it. So far everything seems to be healing on schedule, though healing status will become more definitive after x-rays in 10 days.

#26 cpgrower

• 13 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 05:49 PM

That brings the question of how much is too much? In various posts, a level of 5 mg/kg has been cited. It is clear that no reliable human studies have been performed on long term usage and the risks/benefits, but I wonder if anyone here has experienced more serious side effects, such as the ones mentioned in your post (internal bleeding, brain hemorrage or impaired wound repair etc)?
Say, if someone had taken 10 grams and experienced some visible side effects, that would be sort of a benchmark, but as far I've seen here, all users roam in the range of 300 mg - 1 gram. Having said that, I guess I wouldn't want to be the first one experiencing 10 grams.

#27 eason

• 126 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 06:11 PM

Resveratrol improves bone density and strength, limits damage to cells, protects cardio function, and improves cognitive function (possibly even partially as a result of its copper [excess of which is implicated in neurodegeneration] chelation) in several studies. full_circle just likes to cite problems.

Edited by eason, 26 March 2010 - 06:19 PM.

#28 full_circle

• 144 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 06:43 PM

oh and one more thing. something that inhibits angiogenesis is also likely to inhibit telomerase. so should you take resveratrol, do not mix with telomerase activator.

#29 2tender

• Topic Starter
  • 673 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 06:50 PM

Thanks in advance.

You guys might want to consider borrowing/buying a reliable scale. I was pretty amazed at how far off I was trying to measure with my spoon set. My recollection without checking back into old threads is that when I thought I was using enough spoonfuls to be taking 4 grams a day, the scale showed I was taking 2.5 grams per day. Between the varying densities of products, and batches within products, and the variations that can be found within measuring spoons themselves, weighing on an actual scale could really be helpful for you and everyone else as far as understanding exactly what dosages are involved.

A reliable milligram scale is cost prohibative for most people.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 2tender

• Topic Starter
  • 673 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 06:56 PM

Broke my wrist, clavicle and thumb 4 weeks back, maybe missed about a week of my daily 2-pill allotment of Nitro250, but then went back to it. So far everything seems to be healing on schedule, though healing status will become more definitive after x-rays in 10 days.

Ive noticed quick healing of cuts, bruises, etc. while using Resveratrol, but its not the only supplement I take. I think it helps healing.

Edited by 2tender, 26 March 2010 - 06:58 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users