• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

Portable X-Ray for seeing people naked?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 A941

• 1,027 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 04:52 AM

Maybe you know these annoying advertisements which try to tell you that it is possible to use your cell phone to see people (especially gorgeous women) nude, or these old ads from the 60ies about X-Ray goggles.

Somehow they caught my attention, cause wouldnt it be possible to make a handheld-device which could emmit photons with a little bit more energy so that they would go through clothes, but would be reflected by skin so that they could be detected by the same device?

Would that be possible and could it be used for more useful things?

#2 Vgamer1

• Guest, F@H
  • 763 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 06:23 AM

Not possible with any technology that exists today. Any X-ray will go through clothing and skin no matter how you tweak it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-ray

sponsored ad

• Advert

#3 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 06:31 AM

Turns out you can do it, using night vision mode of a camera, which is sensitive to IR, and blocking out the visible spectrum.

Edited by rwac, 23 March 2010 - 06:32 AM.

#4 lunarsolarpower

• 1,323 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 06:33 AM

Are you thinking of the old Handycam modification method? It works with infrared rather than x-rays.

The new backscatter X-ray units popping up in airports are actually X-ray based but I'm pretty sure they couldn't be carried around because of the way they work.

#5 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 06:39 AM

The new backscatter X-ray units popping up in airports are actually X-ray based but I'm pretty sure they couldn't be carried around because of the way they work.

Is that X-ray based or Terahertz wave based ?

sponsored ad

• Advert

#6 treonsverdery

• 1,312 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 07:51 PM

Just use a coherent multicolor laser then cast a very narrow speckle pattern at each spectral line as a sequence. The microness of the few speckles will keep it from being obvious plus with a laser a few of the photons will make it back to the detector (they image the interior of brains this way) That gives you a color map of the surface, then you could use IR or THz to get actual surface. nterpolate the color from the laser to get near photorealistic nudes through clothing

It could work as glasses

Edited by treonsverdery, 21 June 2011 - 07:52 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users