- - - - -

Printing Organs

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31 Luna

• Guest, F@H
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 04:00 PM

So, Ive sent a request for help with the Site-structure to the Reprapers, and I hope theyll be able to help, maybe theyll give me some other suggestions.
At the End Ill send the final draft to Dr. Calvert and Ask him to take a last look at it.

I am not sure why you asked RepRap fpr help with the site, the ideas was help with printer because they created a 3D printer, open source too.

I asked for suggestions for the site/forum structure and Ideas for Forums and subforums, cause it is better to have all thge things you need in your forum from the start, so it could be much easier for the Users to find what they search for.

yes, ok, I just don't see what's that has to do with a group who's making their own printer, which is unrelated to HP printers being used here.

#32 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:24 AM

Is there a specific project that ImmInst could help out with that anyone would like to propose?

#33 kenny001

• 63 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 12:47 PM

maybe it is the good idea for the patients, but sometimes i think the technology also is very terrible.
  • dislike x 1

#34 AgeVivo

• Guest, Engineer
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 06:22 PM

Are you getting towards concrete action where many can easily help (eg send old printers) or where a few can help with a little time (eg contact a few companies to ask for a specific thing)?

#35 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 03:56 AM

Automatic message

This topic has been moved from "Action! -> Suggestions & Project Ideas -> Project Ideas" to "Action! -> Suggestions & Project Ideas -> IdeasDewar".

#36 Phil Goetz

• 10 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 06:34 AM

My optimism about organ+tissue engineering was diminished when I looked at the anatomy of the digestive system. The connection with blood and lymph vessels is so complicated, that there may be no good way to grow that system other than growing an entire new body. Growing a new colon and then hooking up at all its blood supply points would be very difficult. And the circulatory system itself is one of the victims of aging. How can you install a new circulatory system?

#37 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 08:36 PM

That in particular may be true and looks like it would make for an interesting topic, but there are still plenty of other organs that could be made, are being made, that wouldnt be as complicated.

Also, be sure not to get stuck on the notion that indefinite life extension depends on replacing all organs, Ive seen others gather that conclusion. They can be supplemental, help things along, and we can work on solutions to things like the digestive system, if it is found that it is too hard like you say, in other ways, like cleaning damage out, gene engineering, etc...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users