- - - - -

Noob needs help folding (amd 6core)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Rejckt

• 8 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 12:11 AM

Hey guys,

Right now I currently fold as RickVicious and produce about 7000ppd with 2 computers and 1 ps3 and am looking to produce a bit more for the team. However I do not know how to setup multicore cpu/gpu clients. I am running the standard x86 client and gpuv2 client from the high performance page, but will need help setting up multicore processors.

On computer (A) I have a core2duo and a 9800gt that I use for folding. I currently am folding with 1 core just because I don't know how to set a multicore client up.
Secondly I have ordered parts from newegg that will include (B) Amd 6core 2.8 and a 470gtx (no clients yet). I have no idea on what to do with thing, the last computer I built was in 2007 and technology has significantly changed since then. I know the basics on building a computer and installing an OS... but what's this about dual core gpus? Does my 470gtx have dual cores? It doesn't say anywhere on the website.

Any help or DIY would be greatly appreciated.

#2 Rejckt

• Topic Starter
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 08:49 PM

Okay I figured out how to run smp clients, now does anyone know how to increase cpu usage? I am currently at about 20% in usage out of all 6 cores.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users