* * * * * 1 votes

If only I could dodge Tianeptine side effects

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 AlexCanada

• 263 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 May 2015 - 06:14 PM

First 5mg sublingual dose I felt more creativity in my vocabulary and sentence structure. Also felt bit nice and peaceful but also bit odd and bit dark.  It actually got me worried a bit.        At the time I was reducing my NSI dose so maybe that played a role.  But repeat doses had some unpleasant effects. On day 4 my first dose in morning seemed good but 2nd dose near afternoon made me feel so tired, sleepy, and as if the day was thrown away. But the pigeons at the bus stop on the way home looked very adorable and captivating. Was able to appreciate the beauty of nature to some extent. Also anxiety was remarkably low. I felt if only my mood were better I would love to speak to some girls etc.  My motivation was extremely poor though (but usually is regardless of Taineptine). And what was horrible is that the 2nd dose made my body extremelyyyy HOT for several several hours and even onto the next day. That was when I quit taking it. I was so hot and just felt like wanting to sleep. 

Previous days in early morning upon waking my mood started to become really creepy. I wanted to watch something on Netflix which is uncharacteristic. I usually don't have the interest or motivation to watch things but I was able to appreciate the atmosphere in Nightcrawler. Though some underlying creepy mood was present beneath it all. The day after the same thing occurred. I was also taking Dendrobium these days so may have played a role. Also low dose Vyvanse to help with motivation. 

After 4 days break I took 3.5mg sub just a moment ago and I guess we'll see. Today is a very horrible day though. Niacin post flush effects have been making me feel totally unenergetic and lifeless today. But I need some kind of change. 

From previous experience the Taineptine might be good to take one in a while or maybe only in the morning. Repeat doses kept becoming troublesome with extreme sleepiness! Even at just 10mg total a day! 

Edited by AlexCanada, 28 May 2015 - 06:16 PM.

#32 Seraphim69

• 6 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 09:14 PM

Alexcanada, What have you purposed for Tianeptine? The standard dose is 12.5 mgs. Tianeptine has been a real gem for me, I take at work when I want to ease the stress and add a little mood lift and it tends to make me more socialable and silly, without loosing focus, I have a very stressful, detailed high pressure job(commericial cook for a major food company) the dosage can be 12.5 3x a day. I tend to use a bit more, I seem to respond better with a little more.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 jroseland

• 1,117 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 08:59 AM

You mentioned Anhedonia was your main issue, did you ever try the adaptagens? They are supposed to be excellent for Anhedonia.

I can't even remember making this thread lol

I don't take tianeptine at all now. Anecdotals all across the internet seem to indicate that this isn't a drug that is very effective at doing what it claims. There are a couple of success stories I have come across but that seems to be the extent of it.

If you can take tianeptine without suffering the crash in mood that comes at the tail end of each dose then that is a start. If you are then not affected by the intense nervousness it can induce then that will also be a bonus. It also has some sort of modulating effect on the NMDA receptor IIHRC but all I noticed with the drug was a sharp decline in cognition so it didn't agree with me in that sense either. So, If you also are able to tolerate the dosing three times a day and the sheer cost of it I would say sure give this drug a try.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#34 GABAergic

• 349 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 07:48 AM

jroseland, cut it out with your adaptogens. they dont work. its a gimmick!

anyway, for anyone still involved in this thread using tianeptine, did you find the perfect way to deal with its annoying side effects???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users