• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo

Massachusetts activism

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 bacopa

• Validating/Suspended
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 07:11 PM

Would anybody be interested in Mass activism? I live near Boston and I know there are local transhumanist meet ups in Kendal Square. I've been meaning to go but have had too much to do. I know Broken Portal has plenty of projects fundraisers, marketing, pr stuff that is mostly online for now, and then will translate to building actual places where lab research can be done, as well as advertising on local, and hopefully one day national media.

Anyone from Mass care to start a discussion on how we can organize in the, preferably, metro Boston area? We do a lot online but perhaps meeting at groups for brainstorming with imminst ideals as the platform could be helpful.

So I'll just throw this out there.
  • like x 1

#2 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 03:23 AM

Sounds like a great idea to me. I live up in Maine, but try to make it down to the city to visit various friends at least once a month. I'd love to help with some organization. The phrase "lab research" definitely caught my attention...the major theme of the H+ summit last weekend was the ability to "do science" even if you're not a grad student at a research university. Such a great idea. I'd love to get some people together, and maybe look into ways of conducing research with the help of a research adviser, so results would have more credibility and clout.

Anyway, I don't know how much I'll be in town the next few months (things are tight this summer), but I just wanted to say I really like the idea. I'm not that great at PR/fundraising things, but am pretty crackerjack when it comes to research and analytical/detail-oriented stuff and creative problem solving.

As you know, I spend most of my time in the supplements/noots section, so I don't have a real clear idea about how other people have attacked this, and got off the ground.

#3 babcock

• 299 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 06:44 PM

I live in CT but generally get to Boston about once or twice a month so I'd be interested in anything going on.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 08:57 PM

We now help you organize such local access, thanks to Captainbeefheart and Ilia here at Imminst.

Go to http://imminst.org/chapters and fill out your coresponding form. We will help you from there. Thanks for your action in helping to bump a Boston area activist group into motion.

#5 CuriousMonkey

• 29 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 03:49 PM

I live in the Greater Boston area.

What is the latest on efforts to start activism local to the Greater Boston area?

#6 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:25 PM

Could you guys meet in Boston, tentatively for now, in late June? What is a good spot? I can help you get a little money from Longecity for such a meeting. There are a lot of different things you could put on the agenda for it.

I'll invite the people that have posted in this thread so far, to this thread.

#7 CuriousMonkey

• 29 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:14 AM

brokenportal,

I would come to a Boston meeting. Late June would work for me. Diesel Cafe is one option for a location-http://diesel-cafe.com/index.html.

#8 babcock

• 299 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:34 PM

I will be in Boston next Sunday June 10th. I was planning on coming up for the later evening but I could come a few hours earlier if need be. After that I don't know the next time I'd be able to come. What would be some agenda items to be discussed? Brokenportal do you have any suggestions?

#9 CuriousMonkey

• 29 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:11 PM

As for an agenda I would be interested in brainstorming how we could raise awareness for life extension local to this area. This could be done through the planning of an event perhaps or reaching out to other local groups that have similar interested such as the QS groups. Brokenportal do you know if such efforts would be new, that is to say what have other done thus far around the country?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users