Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

Ridiculously large piracetam doses

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#31 unregistered_user

• 721 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 07:09 PM

Your original post was fine. I saw the merit in your point and ignored the harsh undertones. I'm sure you've seen enough of my posts to gather that I'm not some irresponsible drug/herb/supplement abuser. I work a stressful job, 70 hour weeks, and am mentally and emotionally taxed. Anything that increases clarity and elevates my mood sounds wonderful to me!

Because piracetam seems safe, I've been willing to experiment with 12g doses. In fact, I just took one along with 675mg of Ashwagandha, 200 Rhodiola Rosea and a serving of NOW's Adam multi. Either I'll throw up, go to sleep, or have an interesting/productive day. I guess we'll see!

I would love to know your recommendations. Can you PM them?

To everyone: how long does it take for you to notice Piracetam going into effect after a single dose? I know it's supposed to be more cumulative but for me I feel it after about 15 minutes I think.

Edited by semi-retarded-individual, 06 July 2010 - 07:10 PM.

#32 outsider

• 396 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 08:42 AM

Your original post was fine. I saw the merit in your point and ignored the harsh undertones. I'm sure you've seen enough of my posts to gather that I'm not some irresponsible drug/herb/supplement abuser. I work a stressful job, 70 hour weeks, and am mentally and emotionally taxed. Anything that increases clarity and elevates my mood sounds wonderful to me!

Because piracetam seems safe, I've been willing to experiment with 12g doses. In fact, I just took one along with 675mg of Ashwagandha, 200 Rhodiola Rosea and a serving of NOW's Adam multi. Either I'll throw up, go to sleep, or have an interesting/productive day. I guess we'll see!

To everyone: how long does it take for you to notice Piracetam going into effect after a single dose? I know it's supposed to be more cumulative but for me I feel it after about 15 minutes I think.

Then you should take reishi, it is a mood elevator, it is said to be the good fortune herb and everyone that takes it tends to be happy. It also builds will power. It certainly is true for me.

Reishi often is associated with health and recuperation, longevity, wisdom, and happiness. It's the single greatest herb you could ever take. And the more you take, the better it gets.

http://www.buzzle.co...-of-reishi.html

Amazing Health Effect of Reishi
-Reishi, reishi mushrooms are capable, according to the scientific community, of resolving a broad spectrum of illnesses by affecting a number of organ systems. Tremendous potential exists for any individual wishing to elevate their health status through the addition of dietary supplementation with Reishi mushrooms.

Edited by outsider, 07 July 2010 - 08:45 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 Animal

• 689 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 02:48 PM

If Reishi does have mood enhancement effects, they're negligible. I've taken it in large doses for extended periods of time in the past, and didn't notice anything of the sort. But as a natural antihistamine it's superb, my hay-fever is essentially non existent when I take it.

#34 Thorsten3

• 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 July 2010 - 03:49 PM

Then you should take reishi, it is a mood elevator, it is said to be the good fortune herb and everyone that takes it tends to be happy. It also builds will power. It certainly is true for me.

Reishi often is associated with health and recuperation, longevity, wisdom, and happiness. It's the single greatest herb you could ever take. And the more you take, the better it gets.

http://www.buzzle.co...-of-reishi.html

Amazing Health Effect of Reishi
-Reishi, reishi mushrooms are capable, according to the scientific community, of resolving a broad spectrum of illnesses by affecting a number of organ systems. Tremendous potential exists for any individual wishing to elevate their health status through the addition of dietary supplementation with Reishi mushrooms.

Hey thanks for your input about reishi its something I've heard a lot about and something I'm going to buy. What about cordyceps? I hear they have good energy boosting qualities? I'm sure there are lots of other herbs out there that I was meaning to getting around to trying... ...Bee pollen especially is supoosed to elevate the immune system much in the way reishi does I suppose (although I will say bee pollen has actually been a success for me - although nasty tasting it's bearbale in porridge oats and cacao each morning and I definitley notice its energy which is great - spiralina and maca are far too rank - My ex girlfriend thought I was a bit strange when eating that stuff - maybe i'll convert to the extracts)
I already take a few things (naturalish lol) everyday such as:

cacao, bee pollen, maca (on occasions), spiralina - all foods

ashwaghanda (on ocassions - effects obseverd are very minimal so I no longer bother with it), rhodiola (too sedating for me - I used to get stimulation, but no longer), SJW (it works for mild/moderate depression in my experience), Got Kola (feels like a crappy cannabis high to me)

You got any others that you take (or are thinking of taking) Outsider?

To keep in line with the OP's original update on piracetam..I have too experienced the buzz you get from chronic piracetam dosing..I used to love the stuff but after about week two it does tend to induce a depressed state of mind for me so I don't take it at all anymore. So yeah I'd agree that this type of method would cane your acetylcholine. It would be advisable to take choline precursers at this level of supplementation level (although I never found this alliviated depression for me). Maybe add a potent mood booster to it something that nails 5HT, DA and NE too.

Edited by Thorsten, 07 July 2010 - 04:09 PM.

#35 unregistered_user

• 721 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:24 PM

Thanks for the Reishi recommendation. I've never heard of it. Based on your description it sounds interesting to me although Animal's POV contradicts it's mood elevating ability. Guess I'll have to try it and find out.

#36 outsider

• 396 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 06:42 AM

Thanks for the Reishi recommendation. I've never heard of it. Based on your description it sounds interesting to me although Animal's POV contradicts it's mood elevating ability. Guess I'll have to try it and find out.

You should try it at least 2 weeks. It builds up slowly and one day you say, hey I can do more.

The problem I see with piracetam mega dose (beside becoming god and maybe your brain ?) is the extra toll on your kidneys. There is a thread about this.

#37 unregistered_user

• 721 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:44 PM

Deities don't have kidneys. It's cool...
  • like x 1

#38 Jurence

• 137 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:26 PM

You should try it at least 2 weeks. It builds up slowly and one day you say, hey I can do more.

The problem I see with piracetam mega dose (beside becoming god and maybe your brain ?) is the extra toll on your kidneys. There is a thread about this.

I'm young and invincible, don't worry.

Day 3 of 40-80g/day. Everything is smooth sailing thus far. No telekinetic or deistic powers yet, unfortunately. It really is important to point out that my rhetoric and diction in both spoken and typed language is in every way superior to that before I was on mega-dosing Piracetam. Moreso than when I was doing 2/g a day.

I have enjoyed laying in my hammock and studying much more over these last few days. The fractal essence of trees, clouds and nature are very sweet to the senses.

#39 stablemind

• 520 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 09:49 PM

I'm young and invincible, don't worry.

Day 3 of 40-80g/day. Everything is smooth sailing thus far. No telekinetic or deistic powers yet, unfortunately. It really is important to point out that my rhetoric and diction in both spoken and typed language is in every way superior to that before I was on mega-dosing Piracetam. Moreso than when I was doing 2/g a day.

I have enjoyed laying in my hammock and studying much more over these last few days. The fractal essence of trees, clouds and nature are very sweet to the senses.

oh look, its isochroma jr
  • like x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#40 1kgcoffee

• 737 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 01:35 AM

Could someone give me a quick rundown of what happened to this Isochroma fellow?

I'm also curious if anyone has experienced these 'god-like' effects - increased sense vibrancy, quicker wit, massive confidence - from substances other than piracetam? I've been experiencing some similar effects, irritability, ridiculously vivid dreams, unintentional rhyming, absolutely brilliant colours in the sky, a sense of grandeur. Currently my stack includes very large doses of astaxanthin, some b6, b12, magnesium, k2, taurine, occasional manganese and chromium, and the occasional superfood smoothies (blueberry, spirulina, chlorella, cats claw, fo-ti, astragalus, cacao, horsetail).

Edited by 1kgcoffee, 09 July 2010 - 01:54 AM.

#41 kassem23

• 414 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 July 2010 - 01:57 AM

Could someone give me a quick rundown of what happened to this Isochroma fellow?

I'm also curious if anyone has experienced these 'god-like' effects - increased sense vibrancy, quicker wit, massive confidence - from substances other than piracetam? I've been experiencing some similar effects, irritability, ridiculously vivid dreams, unintentional rhyming, absolutely brilliant colours in the sky, a sense of grandeur. Currently my stack includes very large doses of astaxanthin, some b6, b12, magnesium, k2, taurine, occasional manganese and chromium, and the occasional superfood smoothies (blueberry, spirulina, chlorella, cats claw, fo-ti, astragalus, cacao, horsetail).

Take a look at this topic, http://bit.ly/av6802. "How to contact Isochroma." it pretty much gives you the entire story.

If you experience hypomania like that, I would worry, especially because you mentioned: irritability. If it results in full blown mania then you are in trouble. That's why people recommend staying away from Piracetam at high dosages if one has an underlying mood disorder, i.e. being bipolar. Wait, sorry. I'm drunk, just returned from a party; if you are not on Piracetam and that's the only thing in your stack that's very weird. It's quite baffling to me how something like your stack could induce hypomanic traits, interesting. To answer your question I can imagine lots of people that try MDMA or high-dosage amphetamines experience some of the same effects.

Edited by kassem23, 09 July 2010 - 02:01 AM.

#42 Jurence

• 137 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 05:25 AM

No, definitely not isochroma jr. No biopolar/depression/mania/schizo runs in the family. I'll keep the forum updated if I keep delusional.

Or rather the forum will keep me updated on my state of delusion ...

Interesting spin.

#43 outsider

• 396 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 08:05 AM

Looks like you are experiencing some pranic activity. Some people don't need piracetam/drugs to experience higher state of consciousness but natural substances tends to increase prana/energy. I've heard people having an out of body experience after eating reishi. No wonder, it's the most spiritual herb of china. But unlike piracetam, reishi will ground you so you won't find yourself telling others to go fu** themselves.

#44 Animal

• 689 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 01:07 PM

Note: he was arrogant and bigoted before he started abusing ridiculous doses of piracetam. Slowly he began to develop hypomanic tendencies, mild delusions of grandeur, absurdly long posts that would have little substance primarily consisting of him extolling the virtues of piracetam, he began stockpiling piracetam in huge amounts out of a paranoid fear the government was going to ban it etc..

Then he began to display full on manic characteristics. Extreme delusions including grandiosity; such as him believing he was becoming god, that he saw the world in slow motion because his mind was so fast, that he was mentally perfect, that his life had suddenly become 'golden' whatever that means, incredibly long unstructured posts that appeared frantic; primarily once again about the virtues of piracetam and how he had 'lubricated' his brain to deity-like functionality, that life was no longer challenging because everything was so easy, that other people had become like ants to him etc...

It's also important to note that he lived alone and was unemployed, living off state disability benefit for some some obscure self-diagnosed illness and he rarely left his accommodation. This means he had no-one to moderate his behaviour and let him know how exaggerated his behaviour was.

Eventually the mania broke, and he developed a paranoid psychosis. He believed he was being watched or monitored, that his posts would draw the attention of the government because he had discovered the way to ascend to godhood and that he had to maintain his secret. He began demanding that his posts and account he deleted, threatening the moderators with his god-like hacking abilities and how he could ruin the site or take control of it if he wanted. He claimed we had no idea what he was now capable of and we had better ascent to his demands. He was highly aggressive and argumentative at this point. Finally his account and recent posts were edited into anonymity, he posted a few more agressive random posts and then just disappeared. Hopefully into a psychiatric clinic.

Apparently he has recently reappeared, once again rambling about piracetam. Which means either he hasn't learnt his lesson from whatever consequences he suffered or that he simply has continued to abuse the piracetam and for some reason his mania subsided, which is unlikely.

Edited by Animal, 09 July 2010 - 01:14 PM.

• like x 1
  • dislike x 1
  • Unfriendly x 1

#45 Jurence

• 137 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 07:19 PM

Isochroma just had a bit too much of a spiritual experience from the thing. That is the simplest way I would explain it. Anyone who has done large quantities of LSD would agree with the chaplain who said something along the lines of ... 'No chemical will get you where you want to spiritually be, forever. Chemicals are the airplanes and helicoptors in the climbing of the great mountain of spiritual growth and knowledge. Those who ascend too quickly, quickly fall. Hard.'

That was the case with Isochroma I believe. You have to have a firm psychological foundation if you are going to meddle with mind altering substances of any kind ... albeit LSD or Piracetam.

Anyway, off to go drink 50g of that god awful shit.

Trust me when I say that if I become god, I'm changing the taste of Piracetam ASAP. I don't see why Isochroma didn't attempt that in his state of profane divinity.
  • like x 1

#46 kassem23

• 414 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 July 2010 - 10:38 PM

Isochroma just had a bit too much of a spiritual experience from the thing. That is the simplest way I would explain it. Anyone who has done large quantities of LSD would agree with the chaplain who said something along the lines of ... 'No chemical will get you where you want to spiritually be, forever. Chemicals are the airplanes and helicoptors in the climbing of the great mountain of spiritual growth and knowledge. Those who ascend too quickly, quickly fall. Hard.'

That was the case with Isochroma I believe. You have to have a firm psychological foundation if you are going to meddle with mind altering substances of any kind ... albeit LSD or Piracetam.

Anyway, off to go drink 50g of that god awful shit.

Trust me when I say that if I become god, I'm changing the taste of Piracetam ASAP. I don't see why Isochroma didn't attempt that in his state of profane divinity.

Didn't you know? He actually liked the taste, probably still does.

#47 Animal

• 689 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 10:58 PM

There is always a risk when using any psychedelic substance (not implying piracetam is) that in my past I was willing to take, but currently that risk is too great. I'm currently focusing entirely on healing my mind and psyche of that which ails it, primarily dysthymia, anehdonia and fatigue. I have to admit I feel far more healthy mentally since I stopped abusing the substances of my past.

#48 1kgcoffee

• 737 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 12:06 AM

Wow that's weird. Thanks for the down low.

Now what exactly is the difference between high dose piracetam and pramiracetam? Is there something that makes it safer, or should prami be approached with the same caution?

Looks like you are experiencing some pranic activity. Some people don't need piracetam/drugs to experience higher state of consciousness but natural substances tends to increase prana/energy. I've heard people having an out of body experience after eating reishi. No wonder, it's the most spiritual herb of china. But unlike piracetam, reishi will ground you so you won't find yourself telling others to go fu** themselves.

No offense dude, but I don't think this prana stuff exists.

#49 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 01:01 AM

I kinda miss the taste of cold piracetam water in the morning, after switching to capsules...

#50 unregistered_user

• 721 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 04:09 AM

Nothing wakes you up quite like the taste of quaffing 12 grams worth of piracetam down the hatch at eight o'clock in the morning.

Edited by semi-retarded-individual, 10 July 2010 - 04:09 AM.

#51 Jurence

• 137 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 08:05 PM

I kinda miss the taste of cold piracetam water in the morning, after switching to capsules...

Cold? Ugh. I can only do it with warm water, then wash it down with cold water afterward.

#52 outsider

• 396 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 08:41 AM

Wow that's weird. Thanks for the down low.

Now what exactly is the difference between high dose piracetam and pramiracetam? Is there something that makes it safer, or should prami be approached with the same caution?

No offense dude, but I don't think this prana stuff exists.

So just forget about it.
  • like x 1

#53 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 01:15 PM

I'm giving this a try at the moment, 12 gram piracetam a day, in combination with 60mg of memantine wich should (theoretically) keep my mood stable and block mania from occuring.

Inducing mania with substances is pathetic, who wants euphoria needs to go for the real drugs!
But serieusly i'm curious wheter there's some merit to high doses of piracetam.

#54 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 01:56 PM

I take about 16.8 grams of piracetam 30mins preworkout with:whey/glutamate petites growth factors,choline,kava,kava,Modern Bcaa,diamond v XP green, jack3d and creatine. I'm now i'm noticing a huge difference now that I'm on week 4, I do 4 days on 3 days off. I really could tell by day 8 of my dosage schedule that my over all balance reaction time and verbal proficiency improved and not to mention mood were noticeably boosted. I actually stack it with cannabis-tea it helps with the tastiness and keeping it all down during workouts, I maybe will post some picks I believe its making me smarter and perhaps even buffer too.

Edited by Ark, 13 October 2010 - 02:06 PM.

#55 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 02:00 PM

Today it makes me very sleepy.

I may go to 20 gram of piracetam a day to see what it does, i expect it to make me sleepy for a few days untill the benefits kick in.

Did you notice sleepyness ark? And how long did it take to go away.

NMDA antagonism should have a mood stabilising effect so i'm expecting that 60mg of memantine will keep me from going manic.

I'm also on galantamine and alcar.

Edited by medievil, 13 October 2010 - 02:01 PM.

#56 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 02:09 PM

I haven't noticed sleepiness but there are many factors in my case that make me unable to sleep at night.

Try doing a workout or recopy my stack/schedule, make sure it's with a aerobic workout, that last for at least two hours. That will ensure you getting it where it needs to go.

Edited by Ark, 13 October 2010 - 02:20 PM.

#57 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 02:11 PM

I haven't noticed sleepiness but there are many factors in my case that make me unable to sleep at night.

Try doing a workout or copy my recopy because the combination works so well that I've had people compliment me on how cut and large I am(metamorphosed my entire body 4 weeks of hard workouts plus this potion.

Your saying piracetam has a dramatic effect on your body composition?? How it that possible?

I'm working out 4 times a week yeah.

#58 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 02:22 PM

Try doing a workout or copy my recopy because the combination works so well that I've had people compliment me on how cut and large I am(metamorphosed my entire body 4 weeks of hard workouts plus this potion.

Your saying piracetam has a dramatic effect on your body composition?? How it that possible?

I'm working out 4 times a week yeah.

Maybe its increasing GH release during workouts?

#59 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 02:27 PM

I dunno man, HGH injections on their own only show benefits after 3 months and even then they are pretty much worthless, HGH is a good adjunct to other steroids tough.

Anyway, well see how it will affect my workouts.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#60 aLurker

• 715 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 02:40 PM

medievil: perhaps it would be a better idea to build up to those kind of doses rather than start on them right away. Especially when you consider how few people here report success with the mythical "attack dose".

Regarding piracetam and exercise, perhaps I noticed a slight increase in endurance when I was out running. Since we're speculating on the subject I think it might have to do with oxygen uptake and delivery somehow.

Pharmacodynamic bioequivalence of piracetam in hypoxic hypoxia

An open cross-over study was run in 8 healthy, younger male volunteers (2 trial days, 7-day wash-out period). After assessment of room air and hypoxia prevalues (10.5% oxygen, inspiratory), 1600 mg 2-oxo-pyrrolidine-1-acetamide (piracetam)--using two commercial formulations (Encetrop and reference drug)--was administered and further two hypoxia tests were run. Two different methods (the oculodynamic test with evaluation of oculomotor and operational phenomena under inspiratory hypoxia and vigilance-controlled hypoxia-EEG) supported the hypotheses that piracetam revealed a hypoxia-protective effect with improvement of performance under hypoxia and a normalisation in the computer-EEG pattern, as well as the hypothesis of "pharmacodynamic bioequivalence" between the two different products, which was supported by blood kinetics and effect kinetics, too.

• like x 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users