Photo
- - - - -

Get smart

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 eola0713

• 29 posts

Posted 10 September 2004 - 10:28 PM

Hi, has anyone ever use get smart?, should I buy it or buy each ingrediants by it self?. it says that it has 60 caps but it does not say how many should be taking a day. Thanks for your help in advance [huh]

vinpocetine
10 mg

Huperzine A
100 mcg

picamilon
50 mg

pyritinol
175 mg

DMAE
75 mg

CDP Choline
10 mg

Rhodiola rosea 3% 75 mg

#2 nootropi

• 1,207 posts

Posted 10 September 2004 - 11:27 PM

eola0713:

I DO NOT suggest you buy that product. I do suggest you shop at www.smi2le.biz to get the most value for your money.

You could get:
$29.99

Nootropic Formula One Month Supply
90 Capsules 350mg Aniracetam; 185mg Phosphadityl Choline; 35mg Picamilon per capsule.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 eola0713

• Topic Starter
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 September 2004 - 11:34 PM

I've tried to order from www.smi2le.biz but it's a hard to use kind of site. I click on produts and then I only see very few products. after I click on the product I want, it takes me to another page with strange products, not the one I clicked on. I've tried, but I just can't do it. Im ordering from http://www.smart-nutrition.net for now. they have simillar prices. thanks

#4 nootropi

• 1,207 posts

Posted 10 September 2004 - 11:44 PM

I've tried to order from www.smi2le.biz but it's a hard to use kind of site.  I click on produts and then I only see very few products.  after I click on the product I want, it takes me to another page with strange products, not the one I clicked on.  I've tried, but I just can't do it.  Im ordering from http://www.smart-nutrition.net for now. they have simillar prices. thanks

Okay, whatever you say. You are getting RIPPED OFF.

click here

#5 eola0713

• Topic Starter
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 September 2004 - 12:26 AM

Now I see the items in the page you've sent me. The thing is that they sale the picamilon and the pyritinol in powder and grams ( not mg). is the powder better, and will it last longer? How is it used anyway, with water?. Anyway, i'll order from them next time if the powder is better. Thanks

Does anyone know how many (mg) in the gram (g). lol. i forgot . thanks

#6 lemon

• 389 posts

Posted 11 September 2004 - 12:44 AM

1000 milligrams in a gram. Better start popin' those smart pills quick !

[lol]

#7 racetam

• 6 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 10:10 PM

I would go with smi2le but it appears to be a company ran by one guy out of his basement or something. But the guy is on his way to making some serious cash and making the best smart drug site. Lowest prices and most the hard to get smart drugs and personal formulas. For now I just use www.bulknutrition.com which has smart drugs at good prices and all the vitamin supplements i need, so its one stop shopping.

#8 nootropi

• 1,207 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 10:33 PM

I would go with smi2le but it appears to be a company ran by one guy out of his basement or something. But the guy is on his way to making some serious cash and making the best smart drug site. Lowest prices and most the hard to get smart drugs and personal formulas. For now I just use www.bulknutrition.com which has smart drugs at good prices and all the vitamin supplements i need, so its one stop shopping.

Bulk nutrition has two or three nootropics, do you call that one stop shopping?

Personally, I would rather buy from the guy "operating out of his basement;" I get better customer service; it appears you are unaware of the smi2le's history. Before he came around prices on the items you now purchase from bulk nutrition (and classify as "nootropics") were more than twice as high and unavailable anywhere other than Europe and a few select online vendors in the US. Along comes Rizzer, bringing down the prices on Aniracetam, picamillon, L-theanine, etc.; bulk nutrition unoriginally decided to "add these items" several months AFTER Rizzer went online. Another dangerous element in purchasing bulk powders from bulk nutrition is they offer no safety screen between Chinese powder distributors and your body. They do not subject powders purchased from China to an HPLC assay, nor allow or encourage any of their customers to do so. This is why I love smi2le...
*holds back a tear
...I take about 40-50 nootropics on a daily basis. If I feel that ANY of the powders I buy is not satisfactory, Rizzer encourages me to send in a sample to Integrated BioMolecule corporation to have it HPLC assayed. Not only does he ENCOURAGE me to submit the sample, BUT he GIVES ME STORE CREDIT for the costs associated with performing the assay. Now that is the best customer service you can get: a guy "working out of his basement," who is not only willing to stand the risk of an assay coming back unfavorably, but who awards ANY customer store credit for the costs associated with having an HPLC assay performed on his product. ;:

Read this thread about bulk nutrition and purity
  • Disagree x 1

#9 racetam

• 6 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 10:54 PM

Your right nootropi, He has great customer service always answered my emails, even has a toll free number. My next purchases are going to be from him. No doubt that his site will be #1 smart drug website within 2 years. Already in top 3 for popularity right now.

#10 nootropi

• 1,207 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 11:02 PM

Your right nootropi, He has great customer service always answered my emails, even has a toll free number. My next purchases are going to be from him. No doubt that his site will be #1 smart drug website within 2 years. Already in top 3 for popularity right now.

Look: I am not "anti" bulk nutrition.com; they do have great prices; I am just dissatisfied with their lack of quality control with respect to Chinese powders. If you are like me, and spend thousands of dollars a year on nootropics/life extension supplements, you would like to know that the vendor whom sells you your powders verifies that they are safe for human consumption, correct? I was skeptical purchasing powders from Smi2le.biz AND bulk nutrition dot com; however, when I spoke with Rizzer on the phone he said that he would give me store credit if I tested his product; bulk nutrition dot com will not give me store credit for the costs of the HPLC assays; that angers me and makes me resistant to purchase powders from them; just in the case I buy a product and find it substandard I appreciate very much the value of an HPLC assay; in the event the assay turns out unfavorably (ie the product contains contaminants and I have been ingesting it, as well as many others) do you think I would be happy?

Not only that, if you read the thread at the other forum, you will see that bulk nutrition has a site for testing its own products, (which is a bit questionable in the first place) but the most recent assays were performed over a year ago and were not HPLC assays (except one)! And add to that none of them are nootropics. Now I consider that disrespectful.

#11 rahein

• 226 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 11:28 PM

I have ordered from www.smart-nutrition.net. The owner is very friendly and will talk your ear off about nootropics. I had a small problem ordering (typed in the wrong card number) and so I called to correct it. He overnighted the pills and send me a bottle of what we where talking about for free and extra pills in the things I ordered.

I think he had the best price/selection before Smi2le came along.

#12 eola0713

• Topic Starter
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 12:28 AM

The only problem is that Smi2le only deals with powder, Im waiting for him to come up wih some pills. Thanks guys.

#13 eola0713

• Topic Starter
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 12:31 AM

I agree with ypu rahein, www.smart-nutrition.net do Rock.

• Lurker

Posted 16 September 2004 - 01:14 AM

The Smart Nutrition guys are very nice you're right, the guy I talked to a while ago was very nice and forthcoming and even offered to resend my order to me if it didn't arrive. This was when I was new to nootropics and smi2le either had not existed or was in it's very infancy.

Rizzer, the owner of Smi2le, is also a very nice guy and I prefer buying bulk powders to save money in the long run so I choose to buy from him.

#15 nootropi

• 1,207 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 02:54 AM

Look: not to be rude, to not buy anything not in bulk is like literally throwing your money down the drain. I don't care how "nice" a person is, if he or she is ripping you off, of course they are going to be nice. You have a connection to bulk, but don't know how to cap. That's okay, just say you need help. Here is a lesson:

You need to purchase a scale: (click the image) Posted Image, Posted Image cap em quick for 00 and the cap em quick accessory tamper for 00.

Also: you need mortar and pestle -- 600 ml (click the image): Posted Image Get the larger mortar/pestle

1. Posted Image
Mix thoroughly with mortar and pestle.

2. Posted Image
Triturate powder with mortar and pestle to achieve a fine, uniform powder

3. Posted Image (this can also be done before stage 1)
Weigh the powder.
Posted Image <--watch tutorial (it takes a minute to complete)
4. Posted Image
Add powder to the empty capsule bases.

5. Posted Image

Distribute the powder equally among the capsule bases.

6. Posted Image
Weigh and clean each capsule.

(I do not know who these ladies are but here is the source)

Empty capsules can be purchased at smi2le.biz or here

Edited by nootropi, 17 September 2004 - 04:42 AM.

#16 nootropi

• 1,207 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 02:58 AM

Hi, has anyone ever use get smart?, should I buy it or buy each ingrediants by it self?.  it says that it has 60 caps but it does not say how many should be taking a day.  Thanks for your help in advance [huh]

vinpocetine
10  mg

Huperzine A
100  mcg

picamilon
50  mg

pyritinol
175  mg

DMAE
75  mg

CDP Choline
10  mg

Rhodiola rosea  3% 75  mg

Sorry, but you just got ripped off buying that product. I hate seeing people seeking cognitive enhancement get ripped off by somebody's BS product like "get smart." Those doses are too trivial to have any effect besides good old placebo. Save your self the humiliation next time and learn how to cap!

#17 lemon

• 389 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 05:23 AM

Ooh! It has 10 milligrams of CDP Choline!

[tung]

#18 nootropi

• 1,207 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 05:42 AM

That is terrible. People with little or no understanding of nootropics and their effective doses get taken advantage of very easily by sites such as smart nutrition dot net; because they have so many references to medical literature; naturally the viewer of the site suspects that the products being sold are effective; if only the prospective buyer went a few steps further and tried to correlate some of the medical research on the nootropics they were interested in instead of seeking a quick fix, they might notice that the doses used in products such as "get smart" have never been used ever in medical research and are just token amounts to make the viewer think s/he is getting significant value for your money... Sites like smart-nutrition.net are just sleazy and should be shut down altogether. [sfty]

#19 dalessm

• 22 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 02:17 PM

Hi again Nootropi! Thanks for that detailed post on home capping procedures.

I hate to always be a contrarian, but users (such as myself) who aren't self-cappers, domestic suppliers like Smart Nutrition are convenient. SN offers a large inventory and competitive prices. I've ordered from them once and was satisfied.

I don't know how effective these "all in one" nootropics (e.g. Get Smart) are. However, I believe it's incumbant on the consumer to engage in thorough research from various, unrelated sources. I guess that I just believe it's the buyers ultimate responsibility for doing due dilligence.

Take care and be well,
dalessm

#20 hgxx

• 4 posts

Posted 05 December 2004 - 07:44 PM

nootropi?

how do you calculate how many mg's end up in each OO sized pill when using the method described above?

Also where do you store the remainder of your bulk? refrigorator?

#21 hyoomen

• 70 posts

Posted 06 December 2004 - 12:57 AM

Just .02

I, too, am dissatisfied with the idea of maintaining proper ratios in bulk heterogeneous mixtures. Admittedly, my recollections of high school science classes and the processes behind maintaining adequate proportions are foggy at best. Nevertheless, I've confidently just capped individual caps for individual substances, while using my trusty Tanita 1210-50 all the way.

I am still waiting on a cap'em'quick and a set of funnels, but we'll see how that goes. My next intentions are to locate and/or design a series of tools for the self-capper. Specifically, I'd like to figure out a means of quick & painless (and preferably adjustable) tamping/capping mechanisms for those problem powders. The powder that comes to mind so far is Aniracetam, which refuses to dissolve in liquid and must repeatedly be tamped for successful capping.

As I figure out tips/tricks, I'll happily supplement the nootropi-provided tutorial -- especially with advice on easy-to-find tools. If anybody else comes up with anything, let us know.

So yeah, for anybody not interested in capping their own or dealing specifically with bulk powders, capsules do come in handy.

I have purchased from Nu-Brain (Smart Nutrition-supplied, I believe) as well as smi2le and was deeply disappointed in the lack of professionalism from Rizzer. Nu-Brain wasn't so bad. Nevertheless, the order from smi2le DID arrive and seems to be complete and without major issue. I appreciate the lowered pricing Rizzer and his competition has provided and indeed believe that the laws of economics will continue to hone the products and prices available.

I will continue, nevertheless, to think it suspicious that any individual maintaining a business avoids basic order/shipping information and customer service, proper invoicing, and sufficiently usable catalog/website design. I look forward to him one day finding an efficient, professional business partner, as I think that with such assistance he may very well flourish.

#22 pinballwizard

• Life Member
  • 317 posts

Posted 06 December 2004 - 02:06 AM

That is a joke of a product. No offense, but you are being taken advantage of. i was here before not long ago. Nootropi and the gang set me straight. Such a rip-off.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#23 pinballwizard

• Life Member
  • 317 posts

Posted 06 December 2004 - 02:08 AM

As Scottl said, "roll your own". Make your own pills. Your brain is a unique structure. Don't go over board with pills, but add some mgs to what you have and according to what makes you feels smart.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users