Photo

What is the Internetworking Team?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 01:41 AM

You may have seen "Internetworking Team" topics filtering through the forum.

The team goes out into the internet and talks about this cause with out spamming. We bring up this topic and engage discussions on it. We leave favorable comments on articles, blogs, diggs, videos about it, etc...

By doing this we help generate more awareness for this cause around the internet, which is of the essence. Just a dozen more active life extensionists around here will make another world of difference, and with this team, we are set to get hundreds more.

Consider that the current 2 to 5 internetworking members that are active per month create activity that gets around 10 or so people per link to think about this cause. 5 times the team minimum 3 means that at least 150 more people are thinking about this cause per month.

Just 15 more people, 20 total, all stepping it up, like we have in planning, can easily rake in 1,000 more people thinking about this cause per month. Remember, just every 10 people out of them that becomes active makes a huge difference. In these other forums there are almost always your usual mix of free thinkers, trolls, scholars, creatives, etc... We target the bright ones, the perceptive free thinkers that can recognize the providence and pragmatic utility, the validity of this cause, you can target them, 2 of us are stepping it up going full time with this team starting this week, and you can too. Lets do this.

#2 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 01:52 AM

That's pretty cool. I didn't realize that's what the INW team did. How do you bring up the meme without it seeming like spamming? I suppose if people were already talking about diseases of aging, you could say "there might be a better way..."

#3 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 02:08 AM

Good question, although I knew we could figure it out, I wasnt sure how it might work out when we started. Essentially though, what it is, is just what we used to talk about in the kinds of places we used to talk about this stuff before the imminst forum got here.

What we do to not spam is we dont drop links, and we approach it through the angle of spreading information and engaging discussions on peoples thoughts about the concept in general.

We also experiment with meme potent phraseology. For example we would avoid writing something like this, "living forever is something that science thinks it can deal with now. Do you guys think its a good idea?" but instead write something like, "The movement for indefinite life extension is already under way. Science is already on its trail, there are seven forms of damage that age our cells to death and diseases like them that have already had successes in the labs. This means that its not even a question of can we any more, its a question of when."

Then we, I at least, try to leave it at that, inform, but not ask questions. Your not inviting their opinion, your inviting them to absorb the information if they want to.

I thought we were going to have to do a lot of doubling up to defend each other in those topics, but what we are finding is that over the years the meme has paid off sooooo much already that there are already tons of fence sitters that come out of the wood work to give it positive comments already. Those people are like fish on the line that we just have to reel in now. We search these places for topics that are related, and if we cant find them we try to start a neutral topic about the cause in general. I cant remember the last time I link, or even name dropped, and we dont need to, people will google it if they find it interesting, and as you can imagine, a lot of people are finding indefinite life extension very interesting, naturally.

#4 The Immortalist

• 1,462 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 06:20 PM

Also we're not selling anything and we're not trying to recruit people or anything, we're not creating multiple topics of the same thing, we just simply talk about life extension with different kinds of people on the internet- and that is not spamming. Just talking about things is not spamming. Is it against the law to talk about life extension with people? No it is not. The main purpose of forums is to discuss ideas after all, and that is what we're doing.

#5 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:08 PM

There are many team members who continue working here, lets reward their diligent commitment by getting some more sign ups for this team. Let us know if you want in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users