"delete my account / delete my posts"

delete

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 caliban

• Admin, Advisor, Director
  • 9,152 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 09:13 PM

LongeCity will not delete accounts or posts on request.

You agreed to this when you agreed to abide by our User Agreement and Bylaws upon creating your account and each time you signed in thereafter.
We will not delete your account and the posts that you have made or any other Content (as defined in the Bylaws) that you contributed.

Doing so would have all kinds of disadvantages:
- it disrupts the flow of information on the forums,
- it adversely affects our record keeping (spammers etc),
- it would require a lot of volunteer work that could be much better used elsewhere,
- it may involve potential intrusions into other users content (e.g. when someone quotes you or refers to you),
- it encourages irresponsible posting,
- it can be difficult to verify (maybe your boyfriend got hold of your email and makes that request without your consent)

If you do not want to receive emails from LongeCity, you can change that in the email settings of your account.
If you want to forget about LongeCity, you could log into your profile and change all you personal information to gibberish.

VERY rarely, we will make an exception on the grounds that:
1) the account in question has contributed no Content until now
OR
2) the Content in question is unwanted at LongeCity anyway (see Bylaws)
OR
3) it is a bona fide request for someone who has made or is likely to make a valid contribution to our mission, and the Content in question is likely to adversely affect that person (typical example: bright young student who has identified herself by name and talked openly about curing aging is currently applying for a job as a postdoc in a very conservative research institution - if she gets it, she could help to advance the mission 'from the inside'). If that is the case, kindly take the time to explain in detail and we will consider each such case on its merits. Please note that even in these cases the Content may still be archived elsewhere, e.g. in the Google cache or at Archive.org.
  • dislike x 2
  • like x 2

#2 Bit

• 4 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:33 AM

Please delete my account!

1. I posted just once (one post)
2. I do not like Longecity
3. I have one more account on Longecity, which I would like to delete, too. (From that account I posted never)

Please confirm me on email about my deletion

Thank you.
  • like x 1
  • dislike x 1

#3 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:50 AM

Please delete my account!

1. I posted just once (one post)
2. I do not like Longecity
3. I have one more account on Longecity, which I would like to delete, too. (From that account I posted never)

Please confirm me on email about my deletion

Why did you post in this thread if you didn't bother to read the first post? Confirm by email? Seriously? Do you think we get paid to sit around and cater to your whims? Read the first post in this thread.
  • like x 2
  • dislike x 1
  • Cheerful x 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users