Photo
- - - - -

SMI2Le.biz

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 bdnf

• 69 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 03:49 AM

Last Night (10/4) at approximately 11:15PM; We were "raided" by the DEA; a large amount of fully suited with protective gear and armed DEA agents came into our lab and I was instructed to lay on the ground and not to move a fucking inch; after being handcuffed and transported a few places without knowing what was going on; I was released after some lengthy questioning at approx 5:00AM. The dea searched and tore apart the lab until about 5pm (10/5); they ran off with my computer and usb hard drive and a bunch of other stuff; no illegal drugs were found; and why they were investigating us; spending millions of dollars trying to make us into criminals; and spending probably taxpayer money making orders throughout the world in order to find us guilty of something; we still don't know. I thought I was going crazy; but apparently I was not; This "operation" probably costed millions of dollars; and if someone had a problem with us our phone number is right on the website and they could have called us toll free at 877-311-4442 and not spent millions of dollars trying to make us guilty and themselves heroic by stopping our evil enterprise. We are not going to go that into it right now :); Obviously if there is someone who is bothered by our business in the federal goverment; a letter is out of the question; but spending millions of dollars attempting to turn us into criminals(and failing miserably) is apparently not. We are moving all of our stuff out of our current location and plan to ship everyone's orders asap; If you order now your order should be shipped pronto and any orders which have longer delays will receive a little extra product as a bonus; Although we don't have any of the emails anyone sent us that we haven't yet replied to; (we don't have any of our emails as they took our computer as well as our backup usb hard drive) You can contact us again and we should respond somewhat promptly; There is much more to say on this topic but we haven't slept after being interogatted all night long and we already looked bad on tv :) and need to get some sleep and shower. NEEDLESS TO SAY: WE ARE FIGHTING BACK AND COMING BACK STRONG; We will have a newly redone website and be adding a slew of new products over the next couple weeks; Stay Tuned to the website for more details; They have failed and will fail again; next time we will be better funded and better prepared; We are here to do great things and we thank all of you for your support; We will write more tommorow! Smi2le 1; DEA 0;

• Lurker

Posted 06 October 2004 - 03:58 AM

Incredible!! This is terrible news.

My thoughts are with Rizzer, I hope that the DEA fail in their attempt to shut down Smi2le. I was worried that one day nootropics would be banned in the US, and I certainly hope we have not reached that day. If they're looking for illegal drugs, they will fail in their attempt to find any. I'm just worried that the government will twist his arm and force him into shutting down his business, even if there is no evidence of wrong doing.

Rizzer keep fighting for business survival! You have made nootropics affordable for many of us abroad and in the US.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 bdnf

• Topic Starter
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 04:08 AM

Rizzer is unequivocally committed to his goals, as demonstrated by his intention to continue business despite this recent raid by the DEA. I therefore very much support Rizzer in his pursuit to provide pharmaceutical grade products at unprecedented prices.

#4 bdnf

• Topic Starter
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 04:24 AM

While I should not point the finger at anyone, the action taken by the DEA is most likely to have involved a nootropic competitor that is attempting to eliminate you from the market (as opposed to an unhappy customer, which you propose).

Edited by bdnf, 06 October 2004 - 06:43 AM.

#5 eternaltraveler

• Guest, Guardian
  • 6,471 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 07:48 AM

I doubt it is a competitor or a customer. The DEA probably probably just decided to throw it's weight around

#6 jvalentin

• 13 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 09:58 AM

Yes, they probably attacked what they think is the newest and weakest firm on the market. A competitor would have everithing to loose at the end with the DEA "now let's go to the next on the list" system.

• Lurker

Posted 06 October 2004 - 10:28 AM

Your taxes at work...

If anyone is considering calling Rizzer up about this remember that his phone line might be tapped by the DEA.

Edited by cosmos, 06 October 2004 - 10:54 AM.

#8 bdnf

• Topic Starter
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 11:25 AM

If anyone is considering calling Rizzer up about this remember that his phone line might be tapped by the DEA.

And remember, talking of anything that even remotely approximates to illegal activity is going to be grossly exaggerated and skewed by the DEA.

#9 scottl

• 2,177 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 11:56 AM

Don't know if this is relevant, but it is not legal selling ALT-711 for human use....it is after all an unapproved drug...

• Lurker

Posted 06 October 2004 - 12:07 PM

The ImmInst Supplement forum thread about ALT-711 comes up on page 1 when you search google. I'm willing to bet that that thread got a lot of hits.

#11 vortexentity

• 243 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 06:49 PM

The alphabet boys seem to often do this heavy handed approach. Instead of having their attorney call your attorney or simply show up with a warrant and searching peacefully they get their jack booted SWAT team in and shove you around.

I did not see on Rizzer's site any details of what they were looking for. I know they took his PC and all data storage. Is there any local news coverage of this that anyone is aware of?

vortexentity

#12 bdnf

• Topic Starter
  • 69 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 01:17 AM

Has anyone received an email reply from Rizzer after this incident?

• Lurker

Posted 07 October 2004 - 01:23 AM

I think it's too late today but I plan to give him a call tomorrow. I'll fill you guys in on any pertinent details.

#14 D Sade

• 17 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 05:54 AM

Please do, Cosmos

Sure we compete with Smi2le on some things, but we are quite Libertarian and despise government heavy-handed gestapo tactics. If this is over Nootropics, then this has become a sad, sorry country indeed.

Best of luck to Rizzer fighting this - and please keep us updated.

• Lurker

Posted 07 October 2004 - 06:13 AM

We all have a stake in this if it is about the legality of nootropics. I have similar views about Supplement rights for all.

There is a lengthy post by Rizzer about this on rec.drugs.smart. I won't repost it here, if anyone is interested they can read it there. Suffice it to say it sounded like a big raid and lots of people neighbouring his establishment were shooting their mouths off about the nature of his business (convincting him on suspicion).

Snippet from Rizzer's post:

alot of neighbors saying I was running a meth lab; if it wasn't
a meth lab I was selling steroids; or running an international "sex
drug" ring.

D Sade I appreciate your concern (I'm sure Rizzer does as well), but I'm certain this is not the end of it.

#16 pinballwizard

• Life Member
  • 317 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 07:27 AM

Well, my thoughts go out to the guy. It is hard to believe he was not doing anything suspicious. I for one don't think the DEA is pure evil. However, if it is because he is selling nootropics, I would like to do something about it. If I were guilty, I certainly would not be posting it up on my website. Seems innocent until proven guilty. Complain to the DEA, Buy a huge load of products from Rizzer to make him happy or something.

(The best thing we could do is get a congressman call for a congressional hearing. It is not what it sounds like. Basically, if someone knows a person working for congressman really well, we could ask him to write a letter to the DEA and the man in charge with regards to the bust. The DEA by law has to stop the whole investigation and answer to the congressman. It is a really slap in the face to the DEA guy who headed up the investigation. Unfortunately, I don't know any congressman, but if anyone did know an intern or campaign manager working for a congressman would be sweet revenge.)

#17 eternaltraveler

• Guest, Guardian
  • 6,471 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 08:21 AM

I do think the DEA is pure evil. The government has no business on telling people what they can and cannot do to themselves.

#18 scottl

• 2,177 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 03:12 PM

"It is hard to believe he was not doing anything suspicious"

The government raided an alternative medicine physician with similar tactics a few years ago (can't think of his name but was big profile doc in Seattle area). Don't remember the charges.

Ephedra...prohormones....

The wind is not blowing in an auspicious direction.

Oh and:

"The government has no business on telling people what they can and cannot do to themselves."

Completely agreed. Alas a large fraction of the population and at least one (if not both...sigh) political parties does not.

• Lurker

Posted 07 October 2004 - 09:40 PM

I called Rizzer today but I got his answering machine.

From the update on his website today, it appears his business is still functioning and serving orders.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#20 treonsverdery

• 1,312 posts

Posted 08 October 2004 - 06:09 AM

From the update on his website today, it appears his business is still functioning and serving orders.

yay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users