• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
* * * - - 7 votes

Your prefered Historical Leader

• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

#151 Rational Madman

• 1,295 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 09:23 PM

Martin luther king
John lennon
Timothy leary

I consider these men leaders, who could have been universally affective if they were ever elected to any office.

The closest thing to a true leader we have now is Dennis Kucinich. He ran for president twice and was ignored twice, because people are stupid.

First, I think we need to devise some sort of quantitative methodology for determining the very abstract "greatness" of historical leaders. Otherwise, this thread will be continue to be quite the pedantic exercise. But since this is just a message board thread, why am I even bothering? Anyway, I thought we at least informally agreed that leaders would have the common denominator of being political----meaning public officials upholding their terms of the social contract. And further, I doubt that any of the three would have surrendered to the imperatives of political decisionmaking, and given the proud antiestablishment posture of the latter two of the three, they probably wouldn't have had much of an abiding desire to be more than a leader of a narrow interest group of relatively limited power. However, because of their thoughts and actions, I still have considerable affection for all three individuals.

Edited by Rol82, 17 April 2011 - 02:11 AM.

#152 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:09 AM

#153 JChief

• 636 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:07 PM

Jefferson. Thomas Woods ... ;)

sponsored ad

• Advert

#154 renfr

• 1,059 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:49 AM

De Gaulle
Ron Paul
Ronald Reagan
Ian Smith (Rhodesian PM)
Salazar (Portuguese president)
Dragoljub Draza Mihailovic (Chetniks leader)
Nigel Farage (UKIP leader)
and many others ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users