- - - - -

RESVERATROL Cured my Plantar Fascitis

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 FedAce

• Validating/Suspended, Guest
  • 109 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 03:06 PM

I had this bad case of Plantar Fascitis in my foot for 2 years now. I started taking RES for about 2-3 month and now PF is almost Gone. Marked Significant improvement after i started taking this med. I had done nothing different, excercise or medication wise. Has anyone else have this profound experience ?? for those of you that don't know what plantar fascitis is Google it. Tons of info on it and millions of people suffer from it....:-D

#2 pycnogenol

• 1,164 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 03:21 PM

Good to hear. How much were you taking?

If a MOD can correct the title to read Resveratrol that would be wonderful.

Edited by maxwatt, 24 September 2010 - 06:32 PM.
change made

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 2tender

• 673 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 05:03 PM

An agonizing condition, I had it prior to starting Res. fortunately it has not re-occured, perhaps Res. has helped.

#4 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 06:24 PM

nf-Kappa Beta inhibition probable mechanism, reduces inflammation.
  • like x 1

#5 FedAce

• Topic Starter
  • 109 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 07:39 PM

Can you please elaborate on that in little more detail ?? nf-kappa really means little to most people here. ONe thing i do find is that one of the Side effects of RES is Tendonitis from what i hear but it did the opposite by curing Fascitis. very Strange ?????

Edited by FedAce, 24 September 2010 - 07:41 PM.

#6 FedAce

• Topic Starter
  • 109 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 07:40 PM

Good to hear. How much were you taking?

If a MOD can correct the title to read Resveratrol that would be wonderful.

I was taking that 500mg reveratrol from GNC. it also has Quercitin. whatever that is....???

#7 maxwatt

• 4,949 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 08:46 PM

Posted Image
Quercetin is found in many fruits and vegetables; it inhibits sulfotransferase, the main enzyme that binds to resveratrol, making it soluble so the kidneys can excrete it. It has been thought that by binding to sulfotransferase, quercetin would block it from attaching to resveratrol, resulting in higher resveratrol blood levels. However, a recent study found no difference in blood levels of resveratrol from taking quercetin with it. Some people reported joint pain only when adding quercetin to their resveratrol regimen, so it may not be inert. My own preference is not to use quercetin this way.

NF-kappa B is a major regulator of immune response, and its inhibition reduces systemic inflammation. Osteoarthritis and plantar fascitis would fall in that category. This is an oversimplification, NF-kappa Beta is a family of proteins.

The tendinitis sometimes associated with resveratrol appears to be from a different mechanism; resveratrol is an anti-aromatase, preventing the conversion of testosterone to estrogen. Not particularly powerful as anti-aromatases go, but strong enough to cause joint or tendon pain, which is a side effect of other antiaromatases, such as tamoxifen. Women (and body builders) who take tamoxifen to prevent breast cancer (or raise testosterone levels) often experience arthritis-like joint pain (sometimes experienced as tendinitis) which is treated by sunlight or vitamin D supplementation. I do not know exactly why this fixes the problem, beyond that vitamin D does have a role in regulating the body's steroid levels. While there have been no studies on resveratrol and joint pain, anecdotal reports in this forum indicate vitamin D3 supplementation does relieve such symptoms associated with resveratrol use.

Edited by maxwatt, 25 September 2010 - 04:11 AM.
typos

• like x 1

#8 FedAce

• Topic Starter
  • 109 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 09:38 PM

Posted Image
Quercetin is found in many fruits and vegetables; it inhibits sulfotransferase, the main enzyme that binds to resveratrol, making is soluble so the kidneys can excrete it. It has been thought that by binding to sulfotransferase, quercetin would block it from attaching to resveratrol, resulting in higher resveratrol blood levels. However, a recent study found no difference in blood levels or resveratrol from taking quercetin with it. Some people reported joint pain only when adding quercetin to their resveratrol regimen, so it may not be inert. My own preference is not to use quercetin this way.

NF-kappa B is a major regulator of immune response, and its inhibition reduces systemic inflammation. Osteoarthritis amd plantar fascitis would fall in that category. This is an oversimplification, NV-kappa Beta is a family of proteins.

The tendinitis sometimes associated with resveratrol appears to be from a different mechanism; resveratrol is an anti-aromatase, preventing the conversion of testosterone to estrogen. Not particularly powerful as anti-aromatases go, but strong enough to cause joint or tendon pain, which is a side effect of other antiaromatases, such as tamoxifen. Women (and body builders) who take tamoxifen to prevent breast cancer (or raise testosterone levels) often experience arthritis-like joint pain (sometimes experienced as tendinitis) which is treated by sunlight or vitamin D supplementation. I do not know exactly why this fixes the problem, beyond that vitamin D does have a role in regulating the body's steroid levels. While there have been no studies on resveratrol and joint pain, anecdotal reports in this forum indicate vitamin D3 supplementation does relieve such symptoms associated with resveratrol use.

Did you graduate from Harvard Medical school or have an IQ of 200 ?:-D

Edited by maxwatt, 25 September 2010 - 02:12 AM.
typo fixes

• like x 1

#9 FedAce

• Topic Starter
  • 109 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 09:42 PM

Another Positive effect i noticed. I am a very competitive tennis player and i noticed i have more Energy on the tennis courts translating to BETTER play. I am more alert, have Faster reaction time and More energy and endurance. Why hasn't more Athletes discovered this ?? I don't hear too much talk about RES from the Tennis world. Pro tennis world that is. I don't think this is a Banned substance.

#10 maxwatt

• 4,949 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 09:50 PM

Did you graduate from Harvard Medical school or have an IQ of 200 ?:-D

Either way, I still can't spell at a keyboard,
  • like x 1

#11 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 12:27 AM

Another Positive effect i noticed. I am a very competitive tennis player and i noticed i have more Energy on the tennis courts translating to BETTER play. I am more alert, have Faster reaction time and More energy and endurance. Why hasn't more Athletes discovered this ?? I don't hear too much talk about RES from the Tennis world. Pro tennis world that is. I don't think this is a Banned substance.

Funny you should mention that. Some elements of the pro cycling world have discovered it.

#12 FedAce

• Topic Starter
  • 109 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 03:23 AM

Funny you should mention that. Some elements of the pro cycling world have discovered it.

This is a perfectly legal supplement, right ?? in the tennis world, there are about million things that are illegal for athletes can take. and who is taking RES in the cycling world ?? that guy that had the testis cancer ??

#13 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 04:14 AM

This is a perfectly legal supplement, right ?? in the tennis world, there are about million things that are illegal for athletes can take. and who is taking RES in the cycling world ?? that guy that had the testis cancer ??

Lance Armstrong? Not that I know of, but it's not like he publishes the list of drugs he's using. It's certainly legal for people ordinary people to use. Here's a thread about a cycling pro's experience with it.

#14 FedAce

• Topic Starter
  • 109 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 04:43 AM

Lance Armstrong? Not that I know of, but it's not like he publishes the list of drugs he's using. It's certainly legal for people ordinary people to use. Here's a thread about a cycling pro's experience with it.

Tennis players are notorious for trying to any edge they can get over the other pros. Pros like Roddick and Federer takes Vitamins too and they are very much aware of what is banned and what isn't. I don't think RES is a banned substance, but if they are taking it,,,,They will NEVER tell you for the fear they lose the edge,,,,however slight it maybe.

#15 maxwatt

• 4,949 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 10:26 AM

I doubt resveratrol would give tennis players on the professional level an advantage. Youth and their genetic superiority to most mortals already give them the kind of edge resveratrol would provide. Cycling is different, with different demands from other sports. I doubt if a 1% improvement in aerobic capacity would make much difference in tennis, with its demands for speed, reflexes, agility and power. It is played in spurts. Cycling requires all out endurance performing at one's limit, with occasional and often prolonged excursions above that, and a need for quick recovery from those excursions, while performing strategic and tactical calculations as difficult as a chess player's. Here a 1% aerobic improvement can make the difference between winning and finishing with the pack.

#16 FedAce

• Topic Starter
  • 109 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 02:00 PM

I doubt resveratrol would give tennis players on the professional level an advantage. Youth and their genetic superiority to most mortals already give them the kind of edge resveratrol would provide. Cycling is different, with different demands from other sports. I doubt if a 1% improvement in aerobic capacity would make much difference in tennis, with its demands for speed, reflexes, agility and power. It is played in spurts. Cycling requires all out endurance performing at one's limit, with occasional and often prolonged excursions above that, and a need for quick recovery from those excursions, while performing strategic and tactical calculations as difficult as a chess player's. Here a 1% aerobic improvement can make the difference between winning and finishing with the pack.

In World class tennis, guys's levels are so close, any little edge they can claim makes a huge difference. What the tennis players are looking for are, 1. Sustained energey and endurance throughout the match. 2. Quick Recovery after a tough match, 3. optimal body performance in power and reaction time. In top 200 tennis ranked players, it really isn't the skill but endurance and performance thru the match. YOu would think #1 ranked Federer is more skilled than the guy that is ranked #50 in the world. but the skill difference isn''t that big. and between guy ranked #10 and #1 is minimal at best. so little edge that RES can give a player is HUGE.

#17 FedAce

• Topic Starter
  • 109 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 03:50 PM

Ok, guys, i did try to get off RES last week. Not sure if this is co-incidence but my pain in the Foot is gradually coming back. I made this thread but i wasn't 100% sure if it was RES that helped my plantar fascitis but i am beginning to think it was RES that helped my PF for sure. You can never be 100% about these supplements when you don't have a controlled study to prove its effects on such case like Plantar Fascitis. This Anti-inflammatory effects is just as powerful as any NSAIDS like Mobic or Naproxen i have taken in the past but of course RES doesn't have pain killing effects. I am going to go back on RES and see once again my foot inflammation goes away again. but i still do have some concerns about RES causing Cancer possibly from what i have read in this forum..............................that was one of the main reasons that i try to go off of this. but the anti-inflammatory effects of it is so great, i may have to keep taking it.??? we will see.

Edited by FedAce, 11 January 2011 - 03:51 PM.

#18 stephen_b

• 1,735 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 07:24 PM

I'm getting a bit of plantar fasciitis too (training for a 50 mile trail run this spring). What dose and what purity level of resveratrol are you taking, FedAce?

#19 maxwatt

• 4,949 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 07:38 PM

I suggest doing stretches of the tissue as well, and adding a little curcumin to the mix. I believe it will augment the effects of resveratrol.
  • like x 1

#20 FedAce

• Topic Starter
  • 109 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 08:23 PM

I'm getting a bit of plantar fasciitis too (training for a 50 mile trail run this spring). What dose and what purity level of resveratrol are you taking, FedAce?

they say RES 250mg in pure components. but total 500mg. 100mg quercitin in it too.

#21 FedAce

• Topic Starter
  • 109 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 08:24 PM

I suggest doing stretches of the tissue as well, and adding a little curcumin to the mix. I believe it will augment the effects of resveratrol.

Max, so what do you think ? Is there a legitimate concern about this possibility of RES causing cancer ? That is the only reservation i have about the product.

#22 indispensable

• 2 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 03:17 PM

I disagree. Plantar fasciitis is a self-limiting condition. It is more likely that the condition resolved itself, considering the time frame in the OP's post.

#23 2tender

• 673 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 03:43 PM

Max, so what do you think ? Is there a legitimate concern about this possibility of RES causing cancer ? That is the only reservation i have about the product.

Not answering for Max, but after surfing all the info on Resveratrol, there is little to no indication that it could promote or induce cancer if taken in reasonable amounts.
  • like x 1

#24 farang

• 17 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 02:14 PM

Perhaps PF is a self-limiting condition. Mine has improved - almost back to normal. It might be the resveratrol, but I can't really say for sure.
  • like x 1

#25 YAGURL

• 4 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 11:12 PM

y'all talking bout y'all want dat resveratrol but what about eating up some good grapes
y'all don't need that extra alcohol in there
im bout to go get some bag of grapes and start eating a certain amount
no boo, i don't need no wine i got my natural source right here
and im bout to go get it

#26 stephen_b

• 1,735 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 03:46 PM

How many of those little sugar bags do you plan on eating?

#27 mikeinnaples

• 1,907 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 05:19 PM

y'all talking bout y'all want dat resveratrol but what about eating up some good grapes
and im bout to go get it

I would love to respond to you, but I am failing to understand exactly what you are saying.

#28 maxwatt

• 4,949 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 05:22 PM

and im bout to go get it

I would love to respond to you, but I am failing to understand exactly what you are saying.

It's apparently someone feigning a written version of a Caribbean accent and failing on obvious points of authenticity and consistency.

Edited by maxwatt, 15 March 2011 - 05:22 PM.

#29 YAGURL

• 4 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 07:51 PM

and im bout to go get it

It's apparently someone feigning a written version of a Caribbean accent and failing on obvious points of authenticity and consistency.

ummm... a Caribbean accent? okay i came on here tryna put in my two cents on dis resveratrol and y'all got the nerve to be talkin bout my accent in typing letters? are y'all serious? i'm not even caribbean baby boy, i'm from and living in america.. where YOU at??
all i'm tryna do is come on here and put my two cents in and see whats up. aint nothing else. yall gotta come straight hard on ya girl for something dat aint even relevant. come on y'all, let's get back to topic.
but look, i appreciate da concern... but you aint gotta worry bout me. i'm good :)
i'm possibly da realist chikk on here dats real talk.

and yes imma get a few bags of grapes.
and it aint about it being packed with sugar, but the fact that its a natural source of what y'all talking bout (reservatrol)

grapes DO contain dat right??

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 08:24 PM

ummm... a Caribbean accent? okay i came on here tryna put in my two cents on dis resveratrol and y'all got the nerve to be talkin bout my accent in typing letters? are y'all serious? i'm not even caribbean baby boy, i'm from and living in america.. where YOU at??
all i'm tryna do is come on here and put my two cents in and see whats up. aint nothing else. yall gotta come straight hard on ya girl for something dat aint even relevant.

Sigh. There's a history around here of people pretending to be someone they aren't. Middle aged angry white guys pretending to be angry Asian teenage girls, for example. The guys pretending to be girls are usually pretty obvious, like using 'girl' or 'gurl' as part of their name. Now you pop up with what looks for all the world to be a phony (and embarrassing, for godsake) urban dialect. Come on. You're smart enough to fake it, so why let it get in the way of what you're really saying?

As for grapes, they don't contain much resveratrol. Nothing like the quantities most people here are interested in. They do contain a lot of fructose, and that's something a lot of us would rather avoid. Aside from making people fat and metabolically unhealthy, sugar ages you. It contributes to wrinkled skin and blood vessels that don't work right. Welcome to Longecity, the place where people eat lard and skip the sugar.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users