- - - - -

Be wary of Cortexin...

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 UOchris1

• 13 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 04:20 AM

Hey All,
Unfortunately the muscle fasciculations I began to experience shortly after terminating a 10 day cycle of Cortexin about three weeks ago have decreased in severity and amount but have not ceased. Likely this was compounded by a month of using Cerebro a few weeks prior to Cortexin. Last night I was essentially kept awake all night as nearly my entire thigh rapidly alternated between contractions and relaxations. I was worried it was going to become painful. Since the cycle I have noticed small fasciculations in nearly every part of my body. The least is in my hands but occasionally there too. The most is in my lower limbs and triceps. Cognitively I felt great and feel fine and even appeared to make great gains in that regard but the cost is too great for me to justify Cortexin's use. Just a heed of caution. Nerve growth is good, but the price we pay for lack of plasticity is stability. My greatest fear is continuing on with a cycle to find my pain fibers behaving with the same decrease in threshold.

Regards,
UO

#2 Delta Gamma

• 265 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 06:09 AM

I should get around to making a thread detailing the lack of safety data for several nootropics. There's something not right about taking a chemical or peptide synthesized in a sketchy Eastern European lab and mailed in a minimally labeled cardboard box. Granted I'm the paranoid guy who refuses to take anything not manufactured in a GMP certified facility.

Anyways enough with my rant, thanks for your warning UO.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Logan

• 1,869 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 06:39 AM

Does anyone think taking the real deal, Cerebrolysin, would come with less risks?

#4 Guacamolium

• 747 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 07:40 AM

They are composed of certain different peptide sequences, and nobody that I know of knows the exact differences between the peptide makeup of Cerebrolysin and Cortexin. It might be one sequence in Cortexin causing all of this, or other causes entirely. Until we get the peptide family of Cortexin identified, we have no accurate answer.

#5 protoject

• 952 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:38 PM

WEll so far the symptoms you mentioned are what I experienced after taking noopept for a while, actually. So you might be onto something with the nerve growth factors. Then again I've been on cerebrolysin for a couple weeks but it doesn't seem to cause the same problems as noopept did. But also noopept destroyed my sleep to a state worse than it was before, so that may also play a role in the problems I experienced.

#6 Maxpower

• 79 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 April 2016 - 02:44 PM

Reigniting an old post here. Does anyone here have any recent experiences with Cortexin? Has anyone found out anymore about its make up or have any anecdotes on its effects?

#7 itsme73

• 2 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 10:18 PM

Yes i tried cortexin with saline and dropped into nasally to avoid the painful intramuscle injections. As a result i have ended up with an irritable bowel and rectal bleeding. Diarrhoea from day one, for past six months now intermittent rectal bleeding. Very worried i have harmed my bowel and rectum, for no obvious gain. Horrible. Please be careful with this shit its powerful stuff and didnt come with any warning.

#8 Maxpower

• 79 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 June 2016 - 01:12 PM

Yes i tried cortexin with saline and dropped into nasally to avoid the painful intramuscle injections. As a result i have ended up with an irritable bowel and rectal bleeding. Diarrhoea from day one, for past six months now intermittent rectal bleeding. Very worried i have harmed my bowel and rectum, for no obvious gain. Horrible. Please be careful with this shit its powerful stuff and didnt come with any warning.

Had you heard that this was able to be taken intranasally before?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#9 jroseland

• 1,117 posts

Posted 31 August 2021 - 06:16 AM

I looked into this one and I'm not a big fan of it...

Cortexin was created in 1986 by a Russian military medical academy so it's a relatively younger drug compared with the Racetams, for example, but it's really failed to attract much attention from the international anti-aging research establishment or DIY self-quantifyers.
The Japanese study that evaluated it in healthy young people as a performance-enhancing adaptogen is interesting, but there's a lot of much safer and proven Adaptogens out there that work great and don't require jabbing yourself with a needle!
In my view, Cortexin is for those who need it to treat a serious illness or Biohackers with a higher risk tolerance and demand for pharmacological novelty.
I would not give it to my own babushka.

1a05aab58f9926ff:d.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users