• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo

BioMedical / BioChemical research capitals of the world

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 carlcrott

• 30 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 03:23 AM

SO

IF i wanted to co-locate myself with people who are:
-social
-highly intelligent
-driven
-educated in biomedical / chemistry / physics
( BASICALLY the education to allow them to work on research to SAVE OUR ASSES from death. )

I want to find my CO-CONSPIRATORS .. who ARENT going to sit back and eat shit and accept " THE WAY THINGS ARE "

I want to find people I can work with that its research and development and kicking ass and grinding .. breaking for like 2 hours on a friday night to go get wild then come back and hit the lab drunk and work will we're too out of our minds to see straight!!!

1. Im thinking a graduate town would be awesome.
2. Someplace with lots of VC activity and money ( Im pretty sure this is not going to be an issue with a heavy bio scene around )
3. I WANT KIDS WHO are LOVING their life... IM after people who are living breathing examples of " holy shit I want to live and work like that "

after all .. if were supposed to be EMISSARIES of these ideas ... its going to be SUBSTANTIALLY more appealing if the way we live is something that is to be DESIRED.

MAKING something FUN, will ONLY facilitate us to work HARDER LONGER and with more FEROCITY to address this problem ... to address this as if DEATH was nipping at our heels... because there is no metaphor WHATSOEVER in what I'm saying.

SURELY, DEATH IS.

SO .. where would the silicon valley equivalent of BIOTECH ( specifically LIFE EXTENSION )

WHERE would i go to find kids who are ready to put this stupid shit THE F*** away???

Edited by carlcrott, 24 December 2010 - 03:31 AM.

#2 Athanasios

• 2,616 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 07:38 PM

In the states, I would take a look at Washington, North Carolina, and California.

#3 John Schloendorn

• Guest, Advisor, Guardian
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 09:32 PM

SO .. where would the silicon valley equivalent of BIOTECH ( specifically LIFE EXTENSION )

Actually, it is right here in Silicon Valley. Duh :-)

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 carlcrott

• Topic Starter
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 11:17 PM

Actually, it is right here in Silicon Valley. Duh :-)

haha john are we gonna go out and get messed up then hit the lab and program the machines to do it bc we cant hold pipettes straight?

#5 Arch_NME

• Life Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 02:54 PM

You don't need to go all that far, both DC and Philly are among the top places in the country for biotech business and jobs. Hopkins in Baltimore has a large biotech program as well. I'd recommend trying to make it down to some of the various conferences to meet some people in the feild. Shouldn't be too bad of a trip from Pittsburgh.

#6 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,212 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:52 PM

carlcrott, You may find the people, who You are looking for in each big town. The main problem is not the number of people, but the money. I think, that if You have a lab, which is sponsored well, simply announce in the local newspapers, that You are looking for people, who are educated in biomedical / chemistry / physics and other sciences, that You think, that You will need Your anti aging reseaerch. Many people will come, and You will have a choise. If You do not have a lab or if You are not sponsored and if You can't offer money, it will be very difficult to find people, who to do whatever research even the smallest ones (I know that from my own small experience - I tried several times to do researches, concerning the aging process in the maxillofacial region, the oral cavity and some other researches with an anti aging direction, for which I needed to borrow devices or help from people from different scientific and medical specialities, and they refused me even though, that they too will know the results, and for them the usage of the devices and the proffesional oppinion will not cost them nothing. So far they haven't done anything on the things, that I needed, because they want a sold amount of money).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users