Photo
- - - - -

anybody knows insidon (opipramol)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 gulasch

• 38 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 10:19 PM

While i asked my doc to prescribe me hydergine and deprenyl. He told me that he doesn't know deprenyl, but he prescribed me insidone (50mg tabs) instead.
He told me that it should act similar to deprenyl. What i found in the net is that it raises serotonin and noradrenalin. It contains opipramol.
thanks
Paul

#2 jokerace

• 39 posts

Posted 18 November 2004 - 01:38 AM

According to the following it will not work at all like deprenyl. In fact it will probably slow your thought processes but make you quite relaxed while it does so.

Opipramol for the treatment of generalized anxiety disorder:
a placebo-controlled trial including an alprazolam-treated group
by
Moller HJ, Volz HP, Reimann IW, Stoll KD.
Psychiatrische Klinik der Ludwig-Maximilians-Universitat, Munich, Germany.
J Clin Psychopharmacol 2001 Feb;21(1):59-65

ABSTRACT
Opipramol, a drug widely prescribed in Germany, is a tricyclic compound with no reuptake-inhibiting properties. However, it has pronounced D2-, 5-HT2-, and H1-blocking potential and high affinity to sigma receptors (sigma-1 and sigma-2). In early controlled trials, anxiolytic effects were revealed. However, those studies were performed before the concept of generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) was established. Because of the interesting receptor-binding profile and promising results of the early clinical trials, the authors performed a state-of-the-art placebo-controlled trial using alprazolam as an active control. Three hundred seven outpatients with GAD were included. After a 7-day single-blind placebo washout, patients were randomly assigned to receive either opipramol (final dose, 200 mg/day), alprazolam (2 mg/day), or placebo and were treated for 28 days. The efficacy of both active compounds was higher than the effects with placebo treatment. There were statistically significant differences (p < 0.05, according to the analysis of covariance) in the main outcome criterion (baseline-adjusted final means of an intent-to-treat analysis of the total scores on the Hamilton Rating Scale for Anxiety) and in secondary efficacy parameters, with global improvement of 47% for placebo and significantly more for opipramol (63%) and alprazolam (64%). Regarding safety and tolerability, no substantial differences in the number of adverse events observed between treatment groups were obvious. Sedation seemed more pronounced with alprazolam treatment than with opipramol or placebo. In this trial, it was demonstrated for the first time that opipramol, a strong but nonselective sigma site ligand, possesses anxiolytic efficacy superior to placebo in the treatment of GAD.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 jokerace

• 39 posts

Posted 18 November 2004 - 01:42 AM

And also:

To date, opipramol has not been examined within the context of evening premedication in anaesthesiology. A suitable drug for such an application should induce anxiolytic and sleep-favouring effects. Due to its pharmacological properties, one would expect opipramol to lead to these effects. In order to test this possibility, 72 female patients were randomly assigned to 50 mg opipramol, 100 mg opipramol, or placebo (n = 24 patients per group) in the evening prior to surgery in a double-blind trial. Effects were recorded in the morning prior to the operation by means of self-rating questionnaires, regarding the patients' current subjective state and their judgement of the quality of sleep during the night before. The self-rating was done by the Multidimensional Mood Inventory BSKE (EWL), by use of the Multidimensional Somatic Symptom List (MSKL), and by use of the Würzburg Sleep Questionnaire. Further dependent variables were heart rate and blood pressure. Opipramol significantly improved sleep quality. Especially the frequency of awakening at night was reduced. These effects could be observed predominantly after 100 mg opipramol. At this dosage, inner excitement was reduced as well. The autonomic variables remained uninfluenced. There were no adverse events and no hints for interactions with anaesthesiology.

Copyright © 2002 S. Karger AG, Basel

Prof. Dr. phil. Michael Hueppe
University of Lübeck, Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine
Ratzeburger Allee 160
D-23538 Lübeck (Germany)
Tel. +49 451 500 62 14, Fax +49 451 500 34 05, E-Mail hueppe@medinf.mu-luebeck.de

#4 gulasch

• Topic Starter
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 November 2004 - 02:13 AM

thanks, I've read simmilar stuff. I told him that I have exam anxiety and sometimes depressions to get it prescriped. I also told him that I've been taking extasy and stuff and that my dopamine and serotonin possibly has gotten shut down and that I've read on the net that deprenyl should help. Deprenyl only raises dopamine - right? As I told before he did not knew deprenyl and also couldn't find it in his pc. Thus he gave me that. And it is true with the sleep. I think I'll stop taking it because I even though do not wake up sometimes when my alarm clock rings for 1-2 hours. Sometimes I just go to bed for 4-6 hours if I have lots of work to do. And it rings very loud. Usually I woke up immedetaly even after 3hours of sleep.
I orderd deprenyl on my own now.
I think I will only take it if I really want to sleep for a longer time.
thanks
greets
paul

#5 jokerace

• 39 posts

Posted 18 November 2004 - 02:40 AM

Deprenyl does not directly increase dopamine or work on dopamine receptors. It will however inhibit the breakdown of dopamine which should lead to increased levels of available dopamine.

#6 jpars82

• 104 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 November 2004 - 07:45 PM

He probably couldn't find it on his pc because it's under Eldepryl, another name for selegilene.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 gulasch

• Topic Starter
  • 38 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 01:43 AM

thanks for advise - will try it next time when I will visit him. Maybe later, because I already ordered deprenyl - and that should last for a long period.
Good to know

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users