• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Does mentioning interest in longevity research help for grad school?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 InquilineKea

• 773 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 04:17 PM

I read lots of papers on longevity and nootropics. I haven't really done biology research since I'm an astrophysics major who does astro research. However, I know that bioinformatics+systems biology+biophysics departments do *really* value people with quantitative backgrounds like mine, so I'm quite interested in those programs.

And of course, I have to show that I have interest and experience in biology. The only way I can really do this is by showing that I've read papers (although I did get a 3.7 in a grad-lvl biophysics of neurons course). I didn't have the time to go through introductory biology since I had so many other quantitative courses that I wanted to take, and this prevented me from being able to take most upper-level biology courses (but I have self-studied significant amounts of biology)
  • like x 2

#2 caliban

• Admin, Advisor, Director
  • 9,152 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 11:31 PM

I have to show that I have interest and experience in biology.

Yes. If you haven't attended any courses, try to get a poster slot on s scientific conference.
Or write a review paper. We can probably put you in touch with supervisors if you are committed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users