- - - - -

new member/ cortiostereroid question

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 hgxx

• 4 posts

Posted 03 December 2004 - 09:51 PM

Hello everyone.

I'm very happy that I have found this site, and the well thought out content. I am currently trying to tailor
a stack for myself and would appreciate any input. I also have an experience that I would like to share and wonder if anyone could shed light on how to reproduce.

While in junior high ( I am 28 now with a bs. in biochem), i was prescribed Dexedrine and after some time became i'll with sjogrens syndrome, in which my perodid glands were under attack from my immune system. As a result i was put on prednisone for 6 months. With in one month my ability to learn, retrieve information, encode information, think read etc anything was drastically altered. I went from having difficulty's with school (even on dex) to getting a 4.0 effortlessly. I also did start to have some mild megalomania and a fascinations with graveyards. It wasn't so much of a morbid fascination as a sense of peace i obtained from them.

After being taken off the prednisone I soon returned to my normal state, with the anguish of knowing what it was like to function in a crystal clear state. This was horrible as i now felt disabled and would have on some levels felt better never having known what it was like to function on that level. I often think about what this state was like and would like suggestions on how i could reproduce this state without using a stereroids. On a side note the prednisone did for all effective purposes cure my sjogrens. If anyone is aware of the pathways that prednisone effects and/ or suggestions insight in how i could reproduce this I would be appreciative and interested.

Thanks

hgxx

ps. happy to find this community.

#2 nootropi

• 1,207 posts

Posted 04 December 2004 - 05:44 PM

Sorry, steroids are not my field.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 scottl

• 2,177 posts

Posted 04 December 2004 - 06:50 PM

"If anyone is aware of the pathways that prednisone effects and/ or suggestions insight in how i could reproduce "

I'd have to look up the exact effects of prednisone (you can use google or medscape) but from memory it does produce....LOL well things like this:

"I also did start to have some mild megalomania"

If you are looking for other kinds of uppers...you don't need me. But any extreme....high has got to be followed by a low (as you noticed) which is not much fun. There are other ways to deal with this besides looking for other kinds of uppers.

May I suggest you try this:

http://www.imminst.o...t=0

If you are so inclined, there are other things e.g. meditation that might be helpful. If you are open to it, just ask (here or PM).

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 eternaltraveler

• Guest, Guardian
  • 6,471 posts

Posted 05 December 2004 - 03:43 AM

I took prednisone when I had mono. My tonsils swelled to the point of almost cutting off my airway. They gave me the prednisone to get the swelling down as opossed to an emergency tonsilectomy (which I would have rather had, I want my tonsils out, but it's not PC to take them out anymore or something). Worked wonderfully. The two weeks prior I was bed ridden and feeling completely awefull, but a day after I started the prednisone I was energetic, motivated, manic.

Prednisone can comprimise your immune system. Not a good thing to take unless you really need it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users