Photo
- - - - -

Anabolic aniracetam side effect?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 enemy

• 154 posts

Posted 03 January 2005 - 05:05 AM

So I decided to invest in some "performance enhancers" after my fall GPA came back 3.4. Yeah, I know I'm probably nitpicking but Harvard/Princeton/etc. will be more impressed with 3.8's than with 3.4's + excuses.

Anyway, I scoured 1fast, avantlabs, and imminst's forums and decided I would give rizzer a chance. I bought 70 500mg aniracetam caps. They arrived within 1 week of the order date, no problems. I started taking 1g upon awakening, and then 500mg later on in the day, say, after 6-8h.

Incidentally, I also lift weights regularly, and run distance (not so regularly, but enough to stay in approximately 3mi/20 minute shape). Its been about 1 week since starting the aniracetam regimen, and I've noticed marked gains in 1) body weight 2) strength and 3) stamina.

Now, since fall semester ended (~15 days), my hours of sleep per night has increased by approximately 75-100%, thus affecting my metabolic rate. I still eat meals (500 kcal) every 3 or so hours, but I am only awake 12-15h/day instead of 16-18h/day.

My body weight has increased from approximately 180 lbs to 190 lbs, today, and I have noticed increased stamina during lifting sets, and a slight increase in overall strength.

Has anyone else noticed effects like these while using aniracetam or should I look for another cause (i.e. more sleep)?

#2 mute

• 6 posts

Posted 03 January 2005 - 06:48 AM

I've never heard of this. Rizzer probably mixed up the order and put an anabolic substance in the container instead of aniracetam.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 enemy

• Topic Starter
  • 154 posts

Posted 03 January 2005 - 07:34 AM

It doesn't feel like testosterone, or any of its friends...

Strange, strange...

#4 mute

• 6 posts

Posted 03 January 2005 - 08:32 AM

Try aniracetam from somewhere else and see if you experience the same effects.

#5 nootropi

• 1,207 posts

Posted 26 January 2005 - 04:00 PM

So I decided to invest in some "performance enhancers" after my fall GPA came back 3.4.  Yeah, I know I'm probably nitpicking but Harvard/Princeton/etc. will be more impressed with 3.8's than with 3.4's + excuses.

Maybe you should consider changing majors to a field you perform better in. Plus, you should never let a single quarter (or semester) worry you -- especially if the class(es) you performed at less than an A are in lower division coursework.

Major universities are always concerned far more with your performance in upper division coursework anyways. So even if you had, say, less than a B average in your first quarter at a new university that might mean that you were adjusting to the new school; plus, major universities LOVE to see rebound stories. Also; and most importantly -- when you write your book, make sure you include everybody's name who treated you well -- and everybody who didn't; so you can leave a good legacy for others to learn from. You don't need to explicity mention everybody's name (just to be kind to those who "meant" well); but inferences are often enough for those who know you. :)

And if you can be already self-employed and running your own multi-million dollar a year business (with a good story to tell), you will have every major university begging for your admission anyways; and hey, who needs to go to school at all if you are in such a position? Like I said, everybody loves rebound stories; and the more successful you are without relying on conventional measures of success (i.e. formal education) not to mention personal struggles you overcame; the better the book will be to read. It might be a sad story for some; however; but we don't need to worry about those folks, after all; right? :)

Just work hard at what you love with steadfastness and intensified, unswerving devotion to duty, and you will succeed. :))

Take care.

#6 scottl

• 2,177 posts

Posted 26 January 2005 - 05:46 PM

I've never heard of this.  Rizzer probably mixed up the order and put an anabolic substance in the container instead of aniracetam.

Have you noticed any change in your sex drive, or increased acne?

#7 enemy

• Topic Starter
  • 154 posts

Posted 26 January 2005 - 08:46 PM

No steroid-esque side effects, except increased mass.

And I'm back in school now, working ridiculous hours again, and I didn't drop back down to 180 (yet.)

Usually as my sleep time drops, my metabolism goes back up because I eat more meals a day and I drop weight, not alot, mostly adipose.

#8 brooklynjuice

• 115 posts

Posted 26 January 2005 - 09:07 PM

The only reason for 10lb increase is due to a hypercaloric diet.

I dont consider myself a bodybuilder because I dont do shows but I train like one for over 15 years now.

Even with steriods it is hard to put on 10lbm in that short of time span.

You can coorelate strength increase to muscle gain but most is probably water weight.

#9 nootropi

• 1,207 posts

Posted 26 January 2005 - 09:40 PM

I dont consider myself a bodybuilder because I dont do shows but I train like one for over 15 years now.

You can coorelate strength increase to muscle gain but most is probably water weight.

Hey brooklynjuice;

I have some PURE 99.9%+ pure mercury! I am selling it (special for you only) for $10 a kilo. If you want samples, PM me for details.

#10 scottl

• 2,177 posts

Posted 26 January 2005 - 09:49 PM

Where are the censors when you need them....oh Don.....

#11 brooklynjuice

• 115 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 12:08 AM

Hey brooklynjuice;

I have some PURE 99.9%+ pure mercury! I am selling it (special for you only) for $10 a kilo. If you want samples, PM me for details.

What was the reason for this?

#12 nootropi

• 1,207 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 12:31 AM

This statement!

#13 scottl

• 2,177 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 12:49 AM

Brooklyn,

He has paper thin skin and at the least bit of provoking uses it as an excuse to...unload.

#14 nootropi

• 1,207 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 01:08 AM

Brooklyn,

He has paper thin skin and at the least bit of provoking uses it as an excuse to...unload.

Thanks for the diagnosis, Dr. ScottIDon'thaveanMD

#15 zg00

• 82 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 01:54 AM

This board is getting too childish.

#16 enemy

• Topic Starter
  • 154 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 02:09 AM

I was waiting for someone to say what I was thinking.

Take the flame war elsewhere.

#17 lynx

• 643 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 02:58 AM

Adam is decompensating.

#18 nootropi

• 1,207 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 03:00 AM

This statement!

#19 scottl

• 2,177 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 03:15 AM

I was waiting for someone to say what I was thinking.

Take the flame war elsewhere.

Which posts above do you consider flames?

We all have to put up with Adam's rantings and tip toe around so we don't offend him (I've done it myself)? But it reallly gets old. The whole forum revolves around him, and it needs to end.

#20 nootropi

• 1,207 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 03:18 AM

We all have to put up with Adam's rantings and tip toe around so we don't offend him (I've done it myself)?  But it reallly gets old.  The whole forum revolves around him, and it needs to end.

Note that you and elrond are the ONLY full members who have any problem with me?

Sorry guys, but I am forced to give you a pre-prepared reply (this is getting old):

First, see here

Then go here

When you are done with those, go here as well.

Okay, fine, then Go here.

Take care, and use your noodle.  [lol]

edit: I wanted to make sure that everybody knows that my philosophy is not always alligned with Rizzer's.  Smi2le (as space migration, intelligence squared, life extension); wow, cool name, not too marketable in my book. 

Like, for example; I do not get exited like several of you with his spaceship mumbo jumbo with the cult stuff.  Personally, I know (and often laugh about the fact that) that is just Rizzer just trying to make fun of and drawing attention to everybody else's so easily molded perception.  I should make clear that the only reason why I support Rizzer as Smi2le.biz is due to the fact that he allows ANY customer (that includes you) to assay his products for store credit. 

There are few, if any, besides myself, whom act upon this offer.  That saddens me; that so many people in this forum have so much to *say,* yet have no action to quantify their statements.  Talk (yes, even in the forum of typing) is cheap.  Actions, however, define our reality; after all; you are what you do, not what you say you do.  :)

To those of you whom regularly contribute to the discussions here, thank you for your words.  Please consider works as well.  At least consider supporting this community; become a member here or find it in your pocketbook the decency to give a donation to the Immortality Institute.  After all, without the leadership here, several of you would have no place to file your emphatic, animated, and I am sure so justified online complaints about smi2le.biz. :)

Posted Image

Click the image. :)

#21 brooklynjuice

• 115 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 03:37 AM

Bylaw A

ImmInst members must adhere to the following agreement or risk losing membership privileges.

ImmInst User Agreement & Disclaimer

Privacy: Information posted to the forums becomes public information. ImmInst is not responsible for the privacy practices of its member.

Copyright: When posting copyrighted material, members should only post as much material as needed to make the relevant point. Members should give credit to the original author and post reference information.

Individual Views: Posts by individual members do not necessarily represent the views of ImmInst.

External Linkage: ImmInst can not be held responsible for the content of web sites or files linked to other sites posted by members within the forums.

Malicious Attacks: ImmInst has a zero tolerance policy for any individual or group which tries to disrupt the usual flow of information in the ImmInst forums or chat room. Examples include, but are not limited to, such things as spamming and hacking. Such individuals will be banned from posting either immediately or after due warning depending on the incident.

#22 nootropi

• 1,207 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 03:41 AM

Sorry guys, but I am forced to give you a pre-prepared reply (this is getting old):

First, see here

Then go here

edit: I wanted to make sure that everybody knows that my philosophy is not always alligned with Rizzer's.  Smi2le (as space migration, intelligence squared, life extension); wow, cool name, not too marketable in my book. 

Like, for example; I do not get exited like several of you with his spaceship mumbo jumbo with the cult stuff.  Personally, I know (and often laugh about the fact that) that is just Rizzer just trying to make fun of and drawing attention to everybody else's so easily molded perception.  I should make clear that the only reason why I support Rizzer as Smi2le.biz is due to the fact that he allows ANY customer (that includes you) to assay his products for store credit. 

There are few, if any, besides myself, whom act upon this offer.  That saddens me; that so many people in this forum have so much to *say,* yet have no action to quantify their statements.  Talk (yes, even in the forum of typing) is cheap.  Actions, however, define our reality; after all; you are what you do, not what you say you do.  :)

To those of you whom regularly contribute to the discussions here, thank you for your words.  Please consider works as well.  At least consider supporting this community; become a member here or find it in your pocketbook the decency to give a donation to the Immortality Institute.  After all, without the leadership here, several of you would have no place to file your emphatic, animated, and I am sure so justified online complaints about smi2le.biz. :)

Posted Image

The leaders of the immortality institute are fully aware that this forum is the result of several direct advertising campaigns.

Please consider becoming a full member (or GIVE A DONATION!) if you desire to continue your aggressive marketing campaign!

Posted Image

The site works just fine now and has for some time (I've run across it several times in other contexts over the last 6 months).

The questions I have are:

1. That site is listed as your "home page" on your avant profile so what exactly is your rerlationship with the people who run that site? and

2. Why "Payment is in cash or BLANK!!! Money Order"

#23 brooklynjuice

• 115 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 04:17 AM

if you knew the bodybuilding industry you would know why its a cash only site.

It PROTECTS buyers of grey area bodybuilding supplements. Cash + no paper trail.

Do you realize how many rights we lost after 9/11, the Patriot Act and so on and so forth.

Feds can, will, and have illegally search and seized many innocent people who's only crime is to better them selves physically.

When you are part of a forum that is a tight knit of lifters that have been in the game for years a certain amount of trust is a given. Hell these people were at my wedding. You cannot scam someone on forums without people looking out for each other. A person who has time and time again, come though, even allowed payment AFTER product was recieved is IMO trustworthy for sending cash only. In fact I wish thats what I could use for every purchase.

Fuck the feds

#24 zg00

• 82 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 05:27 AM

Adam, at this point your not only discouraging participation but also single-handedly discouraging new membership. Congratulations.

scott: I don't think enemy was talking about you.

#25 nootropi

• 1,207 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 05:38 AM

Adam, at this point your not only discouraging participation but also single-handedly discouraging new membership. Congratulations.

scott: I don't think enemy was talking about you.

Your words are noted.

First, see here

Then go here

Posted Image

#26 magr

• 157 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 06:38 AM

Note that you and elrond are the ONLY full members who have any problem with me?

Note that you are the ONLY reason I am not a full member.

#27 enemy

• Topic Starter
  • 154 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 08:04 AM

scott-

My "flame war" remark was not in your direction.

I appreciate your insight and knowledge base. (And tactful use thereof.)

#28 brooklynjuice

• 115 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 09:02 AM

enemy Im feeling a lil toasty from said remarks but clearl I was just trying to help.

#29 brooklynjuice

• 115 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 09:17 AM

My body weight has increased from approximately 180 lbs to 190 lbs, today, and I have noticed increased stamina during lifting sets, and a slight increase in overall strength.

To note. I firmly believe that nootropics have their place in all types of training esp.. weight lifting. In response to stress that is calculated and applied to the muscle, the mind in response, fires off a wave of corresponding muscle fibers in a sequence.

Yes most gains are contributed from stronger muscle fibers built after previous smaller fibers just went thru microtramua. But THERE IS A CLEAR MUSCLE-MIND link. And Ive always felt a bit more focused in the gym through the use of noots. 10lbs of pure muscle gain would be a nice yearly type of a goal (naturally speaking).

The main idea is PROGRESSIVE OVERLOAD. Every weeek it is a mission to do more that you did last time. Even if it means addind 2.5lbs to a 135 bench press. If you did that every week you bench would be up 50-100 pounds (what you do outside the gym is actually more important, diet specifically protein intake is 80% of the game right there). Hey if you ever have any weight training feel free to PM me, or even better join up at Animal's board, you will learn alot of stuff, I did, still am.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 enemy

• Topic Starter
  • 154 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 10:44 PM

I agree with the muscle-mind link, but I interpret that as a strength-mind link.

Kinda like when Morpheus told Neo, " You're only as strong or as fast as you think you are."

I think I read somewhere that muscle tissue is capable of some serious output, but the brain instinctively prevents maximum output because of the risk involved with it. (muscle tears, blood pressure spikes, etc.)

Anyway, I've been lifting pretty steadily for about 7 years, starting when I was in the army. My weight in basic training was 164 lbs. and now I am 192 lbs., give or take a pound or so, and my bodyfat percentage probably has not changed much.

I guess I don't really do it to get huge, or super-chiseled and I've never used any anabolic "helpers", with the exception of high-protein, well-portioned and well-timed eating habits. I am decently cut, say 10% body fat on average but I just have no desire to do the hard-core bodybuilder diet to drop that 5% that would leave me "cut like a brick shithouse."

I guess I just want to add some balance to my predominantly mental lifestyle; I just want to be considered an "athlete."

That and I'm probably compensating for being a little pencil-neck poindexter through middle and high school.

I appreciate the feedback, though.

sponsored ad

• Advert

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users