• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Read this if your concerned about your health!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 magr

• 157 posts

Posted 07 January 2005 - 07:18 AM

Here are top 3 reasons:

Well look what arrived in my mailbox today - The R-alpha-lipoic-acid tablets that I ordered over 3 months ago from smi2le.biz! Nevermind that I did a chargeback for the order over a month ago - apparently, he didn't notice (or he intends to re-bill me, in which case I will be happy to return these pills, postage-due).

Now, no longer do we have the old Inkjet printed ascii text : Smi2le blah blah blah -

Now we, have a fancy little graphic (still inkjet printed) with a big PILL for the I in smi2le and the 2 raised as in an exponetial number.

The top of the bottle was also sealed with plastic, as if to convey sterile packing conditions - which clearly is not the case, as I will detail below. Nice look though - it would almost look professional if it didn't look bootleg as hell.

Did I mention the bottle did not even contain the number of pills specified on the label? Anyhow..

Opening the bottle reveals hundreds of little capsules - some with greyish/blackish gunk stuck them. I'm not sure what this "gunk" is - it's sticky. Emptying out the bottle to count the number of pills reveals various pieces of dusty lookling things at the bottom, as well as WHAT LOOKS TO BE A PUBIC HAIR OR A VERY CONVOLUTED EYELASH.

Is this some kind of joke? Some kind of wierd revenge for me posting my experiences? I can't imagine somebody actually sending this out as a legitamate product.

Anyhow - for anyone still following the sm2le scam saga, apparently he has finally gotten in his "ready to ship out next day" R-ALA in stock after over 3 months. That is, if the stuff in the capsules is actually R-ALA. I will not be injesting them nor will I be wasting my money having them assayed.

Smi2le has proven untrustworthy - a f*cking PUBE in the bottom of the bottle?! - and I urge all others extreme caution when dealing with Mike Rizzer aka Mike Donohoe aka owner of smi2le.biz

For your consideration.

Link to thread posted at Avant

For what it is worth, I have confirmed the story Rizzer gave about being raided by law enforcement agents. Agents were there and did remove some possessions. The official word from these agents is that people should steer clear of him and his products not because they are illegal specifically, but because they were coming from an unregulated building which was not meeting basic sanitation procedures for such a manufacturing laboratory. This does not mean that the products from overseas were necessary in question (they didn't have a need to investigate that far), but that the reseller (Rizzer) was not particularly professional in his methodology.

I am not stating this to in anyway slam Rizzer -- the information is just for information's sake. I do recognize that it is possible people will never have issues with his products, regardless of the perspective law enforcement agencies might have on his operations. Nevertheless, two different people I spoke with said time and money would be better spent with a more reputable and professional supplier.

Just some more information to weigh in on such decisions. Yes, he is vindicated in his assertion that he had some raid-style interactions with the DEA. Yes, his credibility is still in question based upon information provided regarding the safety of his operation. Take it for what you will.

Link to thread posted here at Imminst

Can someone tell me where you get your piracetam and how much you pay?
I bought some aniracetam from Rizzer a while back and my order didnt ship when it was supposed to. I finally did get my order with two more bottles for free but none of the capsules were filled with the same amount of nootropic. (A couple filled and MOST with less than a quarter filled)That I thought was a very dirty trick. Yes I did get my product but NO I didnt get what I ordered which was 70 caps filled with 500mg of ani. I need a good place that is reliable where I can get my stack on. Playas

Link to thread posted at Avant

All money issues aside, this is really frightening.

How about a melting point assay on that pubic hair?

#2 nootropi

• 1,207 posts

Posted 07 January 2005 - 04:51 PM

HEY, THOSE ARE LIMITED EDITION GOATEE HAIRS; not to mention, they are HPLC tested to be 100% pube!

It is too bad, another goatee hair just sold for US $14.50 : Here

Own a piece of history by purchasing a goatee hair from the chin of Rizzer, founder and curator of the world's foremost smart drug site, smi2le.biz

Now, these special hairs from smi2le.biz will have a starting bid of $14.50, and a BUY IT NOW price of $1,000 USD; this is a special offer JUST for imminst members whose comments here about vendors have degenerated the discussions! So magr, you are eligible! Bid now before it is too late!

This advertisement sponsored in part by:

Posted Image

Attached Files

• Attached File  asdf.JPG   126.08KB   0 downloads

Edited by nootropi, 07 January 2005 - 05:23 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 hyoomen

• 70 posts

Posted 07 January 2005 - 06:45 PM

First and foremost, Nootropi: you make it very difficult to support the few positive contributions you make to any forum you are on when you irrationally mock or defame valid customer concerns of this nature. As you have taken it upon yourself to represent smi2le in his absence from public discourse, I take your lack of maturity regarding these issues to be indicative of his own shortcomings. This may not be quite fair, but at some point he is likely to realize that -- inspite of your bulk purchases and independent testing of his products -- you are a hindrance to his business as a public relations agent.

Secondarily, I do believe the concern regarding smi2le's packaging reflects a healthy skepticism people should maintain with all unregulated providers of supplements. We know through testing and regular inspection that even some of the commercially available supplements that aren't highly regulated by the FDA sometimes come through with a variety of impurities or packaging imperfections, and only through financial liability does any company ever strive to overcome basic issues. At this point, Rizzer has a minimal amount of concern, but if his business grows he is likely to secure a more professional staff and location wherein fewer concerns of this nature will arrive. It is apparent, however, that he does not have the expertise to handle basic protocols at this time, so this is all a pipe dream.

So yes, all unregulated suppliers are potential risks. Yes, smi2le in particular has been noticed for unprofessional packaging and unacceptable foreign contamination (goatee hair, pubic hair, whatever); in the future anybody with packaging defects of this nature should demand a refund in full as you would do with any legitimate business. No, however, nothing has been proven regarding the efficacy or safety of the materials Rizzer resells (other than the means by which he sells them -- which, while unsavory, are not proven to be unhealthy).

Please, everybody try to respect each other and let us demand some progression in this burgeoning industry before it is regulated with a vengeance.

#4 magr

• Topic Starter
  • 157 posts

Posted 07 January 2005 - 10:12 PM

Sorry hyoomen if you didn't like that I quoted your post, I just think that this needs to be adressed.

This is a very serious issue in my opinion, regardless of my previous experiences with smi2le.

Nootropi, why do you act so childish?

#5 hyoomen

• 70 posts

Posted 08 January 2005 - 05:08 AM

Magr: I don't mind that you quoted the post, though the issue is at least somewhat sensitive as I don't want to take advantage of the graciousness and consideration given by the DEA in finding out more information.

The point I was trying to make, primarily, is that it would be folly to expect ANY unregulated supplement company -- specifically ones that are known to resell various chemicals from unregulated Asian synth labs -- to be particularly safe in comparison to legitimate American pharmaceutical companies. It should be evident by the cheap price that there are various tradeoffs to be considered when dealing with any of these companies. While we find that smi2le will essentially cover the costs of independent testing, we find that he does not particularly meet rigorous health standards for a business of his nature. Where 1fast400 likely does strive towards professionalism in the form of sterile repacking environments and does offer manufacturer or reseller test information, he doesn't offer exchanges worth the value of independent tests (except in very specific situations which were responded to in the hopes of silencing a somewhat irrational and vociferous belligerant). Neither of these companies, as I understand it, are approved of or regulated by any bureacratic organization at a level that might give the consumer a modicum of comfort.

This is a risk we all understand, but are willing to make within reason. I appreciate the attempts nootropi has made to support the ideas of testing, just as I support magr's attempts to support sterile repacking conditions. I do not, however, think that it is productive to emphatically insinuate -- as it has been -- that particular companies or individuals are failing at meeting various standards set by consumers, especially when it is apparent that each company (especially those that are reselling bulk nootropics) may meet or fail at a variety of somewhat arbitrary standards. I agree that it is important to let others know positive and negative reviews of companies they've dealt with and purity/cleanliness is an element of this. It just seems that there is an obvious emphasis put on defaming or defending various companies/individuals at the expense of constructive consumer feedback and intellectual discourse.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#6 nootropi

• 1,207 posts

Posted 08 January 2005 - 06:24 AM

First and foremost, Nootropi: you make it very difficult to support the few positive contributions you make to any forum you are on when you irrationally mock or defame valid customer concerns of this nature.  As you have taken it upon yourself to represent smi2le in his absence from public discourse, I take your lack of maturity regarding these issues to be indicative of his own shortcomings.  This may not be quite fair, but at some point he is likely to realize that -- inspite of your bulk purchases and independent testing of his products -- you are a hindrance to his business as a public relations agent.

Secondarily, I do believe the concern regarding smi2le's packaging reflects a healthy skepticism people should maintain with all unregulated providers of supplements.  We know through testing and regular inspection that even some of the commercially available supplements that aren't highly regulated by the FDA sometimes come through with a variety of impurities or packaging imperfections, and only through financial liability does any company ever strive to overcome basic issues.  At this point, Rizzer has a minimal amount of concern, but if his business grows he is likely to secure a more professional staff and location wherein fewer concerns of this nature will arrive.  It is apparent, however, that he does not have the expertise to handle basic protocols at this time, so this is all a pipe dream.

So yes, all unregulated suppliers are potential risks.  Yes, smi2le in particular has been noticed for unprofessional packaging and unacceptable foreign contamination (goatee hair, pubic hair, whatever); in the future anybody with packaging defects of this nature should demand a refund in full as you would do with any legitimate business.  No, however, nothing has been proven regarding the efficacy or safety of the materials Rizzer resells (other than the means by which he sells them -- which, while unsavory, are not proven to be unhealthy).

Please, everybody try to respect each other and let us demand some progression in this burgeoning industry before it is regulated with a vengeance.

hyoomen, you offer no solutions; it is much easier from an intellectual standpoint to state a problem than to find its solution. Why not, next time, use your energy finding a solution to the problem rather than criticizing the way I solve a problem? You are wasting your own time and further proving that I am the only one who has ACTUALLY accomplished third party product testing. ;)

Your comments are not at all constructive. I don't need your coaching here. Find a solution to the safety issue and stop addressing what you see as my faults. I will not use any of my energy to please your demands. I would rather devote my energy to a method that, although contraversial, seems to work (at least better than your solution = no solution). I now consider you one of the "talk" dogs. Talk is cheap.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users