Photo
- - - - -

I ordered and recieved a KILO of ALCAR

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 nootropi

• 1,207 posts

Posted 08 January 2005 - 06:14 AM

This is the company that first brought Acetyl-L-carnitine to market.

Posted Image

I ordered a KILOGRAM of their ALCAR product and recently recieved it; it is MUCH better quality than anything I have recieved from Beyond-a-century, smi2le.biz, or 1fast400. It came in a sealed vat, and is sythesized in Italy.

One kilogram cost $130.00; if you are intereted contact Sigma-Tau HealthScience, Inc.; they also sell Acetyl-L-Carnitine Arginate at $176.00 a kilo.

To contact this reputable supplier, click here. As ALCAR is a necessity for any life extensionist, and add to that the fact that we ingest such high doses of this, it is adviseable we buy it from the same source that Jarrow, NOW, etc. buys it from.

Posted Image

Sigma-Tau site map

If you want to buy Geronova's K-RALA ® product, Click here; it is $600 a kilogram. Smi2le.biz also sells it in smaller quantites for those of you on a budget.

#2 nootropi

• Topic Starter
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 08 January 2005 - 06:18 AM

Here are some more of Sigma-Tau's product line:

Click here for product links

Attached Files

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 stellar

• 366 posts

Posted 08 January 2005 - 07:19 AM

That's awesome. I'd love to try some of those different ALCAR derivatives (besides ALCAR arginate). ALCAR Creatine? ALCAR Taurine? Who knew!!!

#4 nootropi

• Topic Starter
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 08 January 2005 - 07:44 AM

That's awesome. I'd love to try some of those different ALCAR derivatives (besides ALCAR arginate). ALCAR Creatine? ALCAR Taurine? Who knew!!!

You should ask smi2le.biz or 1fast400 to stock it. Hey, I would even order that from 1fast400; it is a qualty product NOT a Chinese "budget" import. Like I have already stated; I am not ANTI 1fast400. I AM ANTI 1fast400 CHINESE/INDIAN imports for which there may be conataminants. If the product comes from a REPUTABLE US supplier; there is no reason not to buy it from 1fast400; why? Chocamine ® also is a US product that I determine to be safe. So if the product comes from China, it needs to be tested. If the product comes from a reputable US supplier, then they are therefore liable for their product; Chinese supplements that "fit" the DSHEA act NEED to be tested by a third party because if you get sick or die the seller IS NOT LIABLE.
;)

#5 magister

• 70 posts

Posted 08 January 2005 - 01:02 PM

Is it best to try ALCAR arginate along-side my normal daily ALCAR dose, or do I reduce the ALCAR dose. Also how much ALCAR arginate ? Can I still take an intermittant L-Arginine at bedtime.

Currently I take 1g ALCAR a day, and 1g of L-Arginine/L-Orthinione some nights.

I am a bit confused because these new Sigma-Tau products seem to be conbinations of suppliments I already take.

#6 lynx

• 643 posts

Posted 08 January 2005 - 07:06 PM

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#7 todd_lee

• 64 posts

Posted 08 January 2005 - 10:14 PM

Nootropi, how do I buy Sigma-Tau's products?

#8 nootropi

• Topic Starter
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 02:38 AM

Nootropi, how do I buy Sigma-Tau's products?

By the kilo: call:

Sigma-Tau, Inc.
800 South Frederick Avenue, Suite 300
Gaithersburg, MD 20877

800-447-0169
301-948-1041

#9 susmariosep

• 1,137 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 03:03 AM

Nootropi, if I may:

Are you a one man independent watchdog of Nootropics and also advocacy of the good ones as you analyze in your lab?

That is a very praiseworthy undertaking.

Do you earn any revenues from your undertaking in this respect, at least voluntary donations from companies who are happy to have received lab tested endorsements from you?

Do you also contribute views to the sections on religion and philosophy, or you limit your activities here to only Nootropics? Just my impertinent curiosity, forgive me. But I am naturally curious why so many people want you banned from this facility.

Susma

#10 nootropi

• Topic Starter
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 03:39 AM

Nootropi, if I may:

Are you a one man independent watchdog of Nootropics and also advocacy of the good ones as you analyze in your lab?

That is a very praiseworthy undertaking.

Do you earn any revenues from your undertaking in this respect, at least voluntary donations from companies who are happy to have received lab tested endorsements from you?

Do you also contribute views to the sections on religion and philosophy, or you limit your activities here to only Nootropics? Just my impertinent curiosity, forgive me. But I am naturally curious why so many people want you banned from this facility.

Susma

First, nobody really wants me banned except for the individual vendors that I might redirect financial traffic away from; and others whom have motives that are less than worth considering. I have recommended at least ten different vendors at different times often for different products; depending on what information regarding the safety and efficacy of their products was available at that time.

Second, I am not a "one man independent watchdog of Nootropics;" I watch out for myself. I test products for which I buy a kilogram of or more; out of concern for my own health. As long as I get whatever I purchase tested, "eventually," I can ensure (or at least be more sure) of my safety and know that the products I buy are what they are supposed to be. AS A SIDE EFFECT of the concern for my own health, I share the results of the tests I have conducted here and at the avant labs forums; and others thereby can benefit.

No, I do not earn any revenues from my comments. I can say that Rizzer has been kind enough to let me purchase his products at his cost (this is a recent development); and you can imagine that when Rizzer buys 200 kilograms of Aniracetam he gets a better price; and I am happy he passes that savings onto me; but no, biogenesis, qhi, 1fast400, SHFnatural, AOR, Smi2le.biz, beyond-a-century, Sigma-Tau etc. do not have me on their payroll; only smi2le.biz gives me "deals" on items. Like for example, he threw in a couple of extra 60 grams bottles of aniracetam and phenibut; of these I want to pass onto some full members of this community.

I have views on religion and philosophy; however, I do not believe it is life threatening to investigate the purity of religion and philosophy; these are often self-evident ideas (to me at least) often not worth debating.

Take care, I hope I answered your questions to your satsifaction.

#11 jokerace

• 39 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 01:19 PM

I appreciate your honesty Nootropi. I think it is forthcoming of you to share that you are getting your supplies at cost from Rizzer. Some people may assume that would explain some things but you put it out there.

On the other hand, I'm not sure it is correct to write-off all of the recent complaints about your perceived attitude. I know that not all of the requests for your banning are coming from suppliers. In fact I have only heard one person from one supplier mention that they would support your banning. I think that was a personal opinion and not a supplier initiative. I think this because the other person from that supplier said they did not want you banned.

I think it would be good to recognize some of the mistakes you make in your interaction with others and to recognize that many people have feelings that they consider quite valid. The best thing you can do about those feelings is to take them in, internalize them and give time for honest reflection and then go forth with behavior that reflects the fact that you take peoples' feelings into consideration.

Thanks again for your honesty and also the great tip about the ALCAR source. It doesn't get much better than that.

#12 magister

• 70 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 01:26 PM

What is the recommended dose of Acetyl-L-Carnitine Arginate, can I still take normal ALCAR and L-Arginine/L_Orthininone ?

#13 nootropi

• Topic Starter
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 04:46 PM

I appreciate your honesty Nootropi.  I think it is forthcoming of you to share that you are getting your supplies at cost from Rizzer.  Some people may assume that would explain some things but you put it out there.

People may assume whatever they like about me; it does me no good what they assume. My posting record, from post #1 proves I am not affiliated with any seller unless they have either a better price, customer service, unique product, or superior quality control procedures. Rizzer selling me some products (not all) at cost only makes sense; I mean; if I wanted to get into this business I could; however, the main reason why I do not want to get involved in this business is because I simply do not have the time to do so; that is because, at the present time, I am a full time student and my studies are my number one priority while I am in school.

Recently, I made several attempts to have suppilers sell their products directly to me; for example, I contacted GeroNova to inquire about bulk purchasing their K-RALA™ product Posted Imageand they told me that the cost is $600 per kilo; and that is the smallest size they sell. I also contacted NutriScience Innovations, LLC to purchase a kilogram of their Posted Image product. They told me they would not even sell me any of their products because I do not have a business license; they would not even give me a price. I also contacted Posted Image to inquire about purchasing a kilo of their products; they sell to anyone (including individuals such as myself); their Acetyl-L-carnitine (ST 200) product cost $130 per kilogram (plus shipping). As has been evidenced in my posting record here; the fruits of these correspondence I share with the members of this forum; and I can say with confidence that this information that I brought to the table has benefitted more members of the Immortality Institute than debating customer service issues.

So whenever a supplier either has a product that I cannot purchase in kilogram quantities (either due to a shortage of on hand cash to pay them or their policies for selling to individuals), I ask Rizzer to aquire the product for me. And in the case of K-RALA™; I recieved 240 grams after about one month of paying Rizzer IN ADVANCE to get this product for me. So he had my cash for about four weeks before I recieved the product; that could have been for several reasons; namely, because he had to order it. But the only reason I got 240 of K-RALA™ at Rizzer's cost was because I paid him in advance; so when he placed the order he had my cash on hand. I am currently trying to have Rizzer purchase a kilo of Suntheanine®; due to the fact that I have much more confidence in the safety and efficacy of Suntheanine® compared to Rizzer's OR 1fast400's lower quality Chinese import that has not been tested at a third party laboratory for purity and conataminants. I would just test Rizzer's theanine, but it is currently more cost effective to just buy Suntheanine® than pay about $400 for an HPLC purity assay (in percentage) and heavy metal assay.

Geronova: K-RALA™: $600 a kilogram (1,000 grams); at smi2le.biz: K-R-ALA 40 Grams -- $39.99, K-RALA 120 Grams -- $104.99
Suntheanine® distributed by NutriScience Innovations, LLC. produced in Japan by Taiyo International $450 per kilo (1,000 grams); or $19.50 per 20 grams (plus shipping) at beyond-a-century
Acetyl-L-carnitine (ST 200) from Sigma-Tau: $130 plus shipping at Sigma-Tau, Inc.

Take care.

#14 lemon

• 389 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 10:38 PM

Regarding your interest in the above mentioned the price would be $195/kg.  Please fax PO to 301-354-5373 if you would like to move forward.

Kind Regards,

Pam Andrews

Sigma-tau HealthScience, Inc.

Customer Service Manager

Food and Beverage Ingredients Division

301-670-5446 (direct #)

The above is for ALC Arginate. Why is this price diferent than Nootropi's price? Nootropi?

#15 stellar

• 366 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 11:00 PM

He ordered ALCAR, not ALCAR Arginate

#16 lemon

• 389 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 11:10 PM

Regarding your interest in the above mentioned the price would be $195/kg.  Please fax PO to 301-354-5373 if you would like to move forward.

Kind Regards,

Pam Andrews

Customer Service Manager

301-670-5446 (direct #)

I got a different price than Nootropi ($170) for ALC Arginate.

#17 nootropi

• Topic Starter
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 01:54 AM

Kind Regards,

Pam Andrews

Customer Service Manager

301-670-5446 (direct #)

I got a different price than Nootropi ($170) for ALC Arginate.

The price I got for ALC Arginate was $176 per kilo; that is pretty similar I think.

#18 lynx

• 643 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 04:02 PM

No, I do not earn any revenues from my comments.  I can say that Rizzer has been kind enough to let me purchase his products at his cost (this is a recent development); and you can imagine that when Rizzer buys 200 kilograms of Aniracetam he gets a better price; and I am happy he passes that savings onto me; but no, biogenesis, qhi, 1fast400, SHFnatural, AOR, Smi2le.biz, beyond-a-century, Sigma-Tau etc. do not have me on their payroll; only smi2le.biz gives me "deals" on items.  Like for example, he threw in a couple of extra 60 grams bottles of aniracetam and phenibut; of these I want to pass onto some full members of this community. 

Adam,

All of your credibility is a sham. YOU Are pimping a clown who has no right to be in business, and if the credit card companies have any say, he won't.

You are getting a kickback from a scam artist. That is pathetic.

PLEASE SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#19 nootropi

• Topic Starter
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 05:02 PM

No, I do not earn any revenues from my comments.  I can say that Rizzer has been kind enough to let me purchase his products at his cost (this is a recent development); and you can imagine that when Rizzer buys 200 kilograms of Aniracetam he gets a better price; and I am happy he passes that savings onto me; but no, biogenesis, qhi, 1fast400, SHFnatural, AOR, Smi2le.biz, beyond-a-century, Sigma-Tau etc. do not have me on their payroll; only smi2le.biz gives me "deals" on items.  Like for example, he threw in a couple of extra 60 grams bottles of aniracetam and phenibut; of these I want to pass onto some full members of this community. 

Adam,

All of your credibility is a sham. YOU Are pimping a clown who has no right to be in business, and if the credit card companies have any say, he won't.

You are getting a kickback from a scam artist. That is pathetic.

PLEASE SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have nothing to hide. I have an agreement with Rizzer; anybody can have a similar agreement. If I test his products, for all of the trouble I go through and expenses I pay to have the products tested by a third party laboratory, he gives me basically his cost; I pay him in advance and let him take up to four weeks to deliver my products.

I have nothing to hide and no secrets. I am not affiliated with any vendor. I share with this forum the fruits of my labor; not only in the results of third party tests; I share sources for supplements (I even obtain the prices, links for contacts, trademark information), general information about them, their dosage, theraputic range; breaking news regarding the safety of contraversial supplements, a guide to encapsulating bulk powders (complete with buying guide, links for mortar and pestle, scale, etc). Excuse me if Rizzer respects the fact that I actually follow through with testing his products with my own cash; excuse me for being honest. If beyond-a-century or 1fast400 had policies that allowed their customers to submit samples of their products to third party testing laboratories for heavy metal and melting point assays, I certainly would do so with their products. Unfortunately, neither beyond-a-century or 1fast400 wants to take a few extra steps and extra risks to ensure that their customers are safe ingesting their directly from China and/or India imports.

Maybe if you did something that benefitted of the general community I might be nice enough to tell you to shut up, in all capitals for emphasis (with a whole bunch of extra exclaimation points too).

Take care.

Interested in the history of this discussion? Click here.

#20 eternaltraveler

• Guest, Guardian
  • 6,471 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 07:31 PM

Nootropi, please honor the voluntary moratorium on supplier reviews. Stop mentioning smi2le every 2 minutes. I'm sure you can agree that whoever is at fault (and we all are to some extent) we are obviously unable to have a civil discussion about suppliers at this point. In the future this may and hopefully will change.

So to everyone. Just don't talk about suppliers any more for the time being.

thank you.

#21 stellar

• 366 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 07:41 PM

Dear Lynx,
Did someone hack your account? That doesn't sound like a post that would come from you.
I highly respect your scientific opinions, but you are dead wrong about Rizzer being a "scam artist". I have ordered from him a few times and have never had the problems most speak of, I got my order in 5-7 days. Even when I send him an email, he responds, although some claim here that they repeatedly email him and get no reply.

The information Nootropi disclosed in this thread about getting supplements at a discount from Rizzer is nothing new. Perhaps this was the first time that *you* read about it.....but he's mentioned it several times.

I remember reading a post from you recently, I think it was on this board (it may have been at Avant). You said that Nootropi is a nice guy who has talked with you at length and given advice as to what Nootropics you should take.

Additionally, I remember a post of his in the Bacopa thread where he sent his Bacopa powder (for free) to another individual who got scammed with some "Cocoa" Bacopa from another company.

He didn't _have_ to do any of this, but he did.

Aside from the fact that sometimes Nootropi seems overly paranoid or easily irritated (too much Dopamine from his extensive "stack"), he seems like a guy with a good heart, someone who wants to help people.

#22 nootropi

• Topic Starter
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 02:09 AM

Dear Lynx,
Did someone hack your account? That doesn't sound like a post that would come from you.
I highly respect your scientific opinions, but you are dead wrong about Rizzer being a "scam artist". I have ordered from him a few times and have never had the problems most speak of, I got my order in 5-7 days.  Even when I send him an email, he responds, although some claim here that they repeatedly email him and get no reply.

The information Nootropi disclosed in this thread about getting supplements at a discount from Rizzer is nothing new. Perhaps this was the first time that *you* read about it.....but he's mentioned it several times.

I remember reading a post from you recently, I think it was on this board (it may have been at Avant). You said that Nootropi is a nice guy who has talked with you at length and given advice as to what Nootropics you should take. 

Additionally, I remember a post of his in the Bacopa thread where he sent his Bacopa powder (for free) to another individual who got scammed with some "Cocoa" Bacopa from another company.

He didn't _have_ to do any of this, but he did.

Aside from the fact that sometimes Nootropi seems overly paranoid or easily irritated (too much Dopamine from his extensive "stack"), he seems like a guy with a good heart, someone who wants to help people.

I think that lynx is just teasing me. He is actually a friend of mine (last time I checked).

#23 nootropi

• Topic Starter
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 02:09 AM

Nootropi, please honor the voluntary moratorium on supplier reviews.  Stop mentioning smi2le every 2 minutes.  I'm sure you can agree that whoever is at fault (and we all are to some extent) we are obviously unable to have a civil discussion about suppliers at this point.  In the future this may and hopefully will change.

So to everyone.  Just don't talk about suppliers any more for the time being.

thank you.

Done.

[thumb]

#24 lemon

• 389 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 09:32 PM

Can anyone cite any published studies on Acetyl-L-Carnitine hydrogen fumarate. This is supposed to be cardiac and memory promoting carnitine compound.

#25 lynx

• 643 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 02:28 AM

No, nobody hacked my account, I took some of rizzer's theanine that must have had arsenic in it because it made me crazy.

But seriously, I am conflicted about Adam.

On the one hand he is extremely generous, helpful, thoughtful, intelligent and contributes a lot of very valuable information and resources to the community. He even generously sent me a sample of something for which he asked nothing in return.

On the other hand, the constant ranting about 1fast400 seems unfair knowing that he gets a discount from Rizzer. Also, it is just a pure pain in the neck to see all of this garbage clogging up the board.

I don't want to debate this with anyone either. I said what I said in the first post and now I said this. Period.

#26 nootropi

• Topic Starter
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 02:31 AM

No, nobody hacked my account, I took some of rizzer's theanine that must have had arsenic in it because it made me crazy.

But seriously, I am conflicted about Adam.

On the one hand he is extremely generous, helpful, thoughtful, intelligent and contributes a lot of very valuable information and resources to the community. He even generously sent me a sample of something for which he asked nothing in return.

On the other hand, the constant ranting about 1fast400 seems unfair knowing that he gets a discount from Rizzer. Also, it is just a pure pain in the neck to see all of this garbage clogging up the board.

I don't want to debate this with anyone either. I said what I said in the first post and now I said this. Period.

Dude, lynx. If I was really working for Rizzer; just to discredit 1fast; then why would I discredit Rizzer himself? I only endorse Rizzer for products that I have conducted third party tests on. I have been consistent. I thought you could see right through to the my intentions rather than get all confused trying to make sense of all of this irrelevance.

I get a discount from Rizzer because I let him play with my money for a whole month. I am sure that anybody who let Rizzer have $250 for a month, with no interest, would get his cost on any item(s) in his inventory.

#27 nootropi

• Topic Starter
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 04:11 PM

Well...why don't YOU get rizzer's theanine tested? Recall this policy:

All products have COA (certificate of analysis) available on them and we have submitted most of our products to Integrated Bio Molecule for independent testing purposes. Any customer who wants to test one of our products via an independent lab service we will be glad to give you store credit for any costs associated with you having the tests done.

I won't test rizzer's theanine until he can sell me a kilogram. The last time I checked, rizzer was low on his theanine stock (he did not even have a kilogram left), so when I was deciding what to test, I did not choose smi2le's theanine. What is the point in testing a different batch than one that goes out to his other customers (besides my satisfying my own selfish interests)? It benefits more people if I know he just purchased a huge lot of theanine; so I see more value in that option. Plus, the only way to evaluate theanine is to not only have a melting point and heavy metal assay; I would need to pay about $400 to get an HPLC purity assay as well as heavy metal assay; l-theanine is one of my favorite supplements; and as I can already purchase Suntheanine® for 1 dollar per gram at BAC; which I know is 99.7% pure theanine...I would rather live with that until I can get a kilogram of the same batch that I test. Does that make sense to you?

The going price of a kilo of Suntheanine® (100% pure L-Theanine) is currently $450, AFAIK. Rizzer told me that NutriScience Innovations, LLC threatened to sue him because he says that theanine "relaxes." I think it is funny that a company can own the rights to selling a green tea constituent...

#28 lynx

• 643 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 07:03 PM

Adam, I was joking.

#29 lynx

• 643 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 02:40 PM

I get a discount from Rizzer because I let him play with my money for a whole month.  I am sure that anybody who let Rizzer have $250 for a month, with no interest, would get his cost on any item(s) in his inventory.

Well, then I apologize Adam. I didn't see that part of the post because I had become lax in reading your posts as they seemed to be getting repetitious.

I retract my comments and Adam I am sorry that I impugned your reputation and intentions.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 nootropi

• Topic Starter
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 07:53 PM

I get a discount from Rizzer because I let him play with my money for a whole month.  I am sure that anybody who let Rizzer have $250 for a month, with no interest, would get his cost on any item(s) in his inventory.

Well, then I apologize Adam. I didn't see that part of the post because I had become lax in reading your posts as they seemed to be getting repetitious.

I retract my comments and Adam I am sorry that I impugned your reputation and intentions.

Lynx, I admit that several of my posts had become repetitious; but I type fast, so it takes me just a little time to type a lot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users