• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Did nootropic raised your IQ?!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Poll: Did nootropic raised your IQ?! (21 member(s) have cast votes)

Did nootropic raised your intelligence?! (in comparison to before ever taking nootropics)

1. Yes, by a whole lot! (1 votes [1.79%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.79%

2. Yes, I think so :S (6 votes [10.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.71%

3. I think that not much has changed (5 votes [8.93%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.93%

4. No, I think that my intelligence was reduced :S (2 votes [3.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.57%

5. No, my intelligence was reduced by a whole lot! (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. It increased my creativity (4 votes [7.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

7. It decreased my creativity (2 votes [3.57%] - View)

8. my memory is better (10 votes [17.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.86%

9. my memory is worse (2 votes [3.57%] - View)

10. my motivation is better (6 votes [10.71%] - View)

11. my motivation is worse (2 votes [3.57%] - View)

12. my problem solving ability is better (7 votes [12.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

13. my problem solving ability is worse (2 votes [3.57%] - View)

14. It help me concentrate for a longer time (6 votes [10.71%] - View)

15. I suffer from a medical condition that affect my intelligence (1 votes [1.79%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.79%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 llap

• 16 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 09:08 PM

Many people think that taking nootropics can raise their intelligence.

If you take nootropics, please report the effects of nootropics on your intelligence, especially the effect on measurable properties of your intelligence, such as IQ, number of items you can recall, etc. Please include details about the nootropic you took, that had the effect. Please include in your report a comparison to before ever taking nootropics, in order to eliminate cases of acquired substance dependence, due to which stopping the nootropics may have a negative effect on the intelligence.

This would assist people who consider to take nootropics to know what to expect.

Edited by llap, 17 August 2011 - 09:16 PM.

#2 Riday

• 11 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 11:40 AM

It's raised my intelligence, extremely high, during the short period of me taking it.
As long as i take it, i keep the boost, when im of it, the boost is gone

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Raptor87

• Validating/Suspended
  • 989 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 05:56 PM

Having better intelligence on a long term basis after noot usage is what's interesting.

I think you should define a nootropic before making this poll.

Edited by Brainfogged, 19 August 2011 - 05:58 PM.

#4 CrazyIguana

• 51 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:22 PM

I really don't mean to be an asshole, but you do realize that you are asking about intelligence and you subsequently screwed up the grammar of your title.

It should be, "Have Nootropics raised your IQ?" or to be more content aware (based on your poll), "Effects of Nootropic Use".

But to answer your original question, I've started to take Noopept and honestly, it's made me feel like shit so far. Massive headaches, low energy, didn't improve any cognitive abilities (possibly impaired them). I didn't take my dose today and I feel like a million bucks, I wrote a 2400 words essay in two hours this morning that I couldn't even begin last night because of Noopept.

My IQ is already very high, and maybe I've exhausted my biological brain's efficiency; therefore, enhancements do not have any effect. There is not fact in that, it's just an opinion, hardly even a theory, so don't hold me to it.

Edited by CrazyIguana, 08 February 2013 - 07:27 PM.

• Enjoying the show x 1

#5 spider

• 181 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:49 AM

But to answer your original question, I've started to take Noopept and honestly, it's made me feel like shit so far. Massive headaches, low energy, didn't improve any cognitive abilities (possibly impaired them). I didn't take my dose today and I feel like a million bucks, I wrote a 2400 words essay in two hours this morning that I couldn't even begin last night because of Noopept.

My IQ is already very high, and maybe I've exhausted my biological brain's efficiency; therefore, enhancements do not have any effect. There is not fact in that, it's just an opinion, hardly even a theory, so don't hold me to it.

I think you should not be useing nootropics. Nootropics are an option when you have serious chronic cognitive fog caused by depression, anxiety, adhd etc. When you need to overcome normal mental tiredness because of some emergency (eg a deadline you need to make) then a low dose of stimulant can be helpfull.

#6 CrazyIguana

• 51 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:55 PM

I feel there are 2 main areas for Nootropics: to "medicate" mental desease and to enhance cognitive ability.

Even though I really don't need to be any smarter, the question "what if" really makes me curious.

Also, Noopept's negative effects stopped and have started to benefit me somewhat

Edited by CrazyIguana, 16 February 2013 - 03:58 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 02 June 2019 - 11:57 AM

I really don't mean to be an asshole, but you do realize that you are asking about intelligence and you subsequently screwed up the grammar of your title.

Oh the irony! 

I've seen positive and negative effects. For me, most of the racetams produce negative effects, esp. in mood. However, one gram (and generally less) of good old piracetam is a reliable plus on a temp basis, better than caffeine. I've taken it for years, but not every day, just when needed. Typically once or twice a week. Approximately 40 mg of NSI-189 is more subtle but cumulative, which I've used on an irregular basis for about a year.  Using about half that dose of 9-Me-BC has produced some improvement of memory after a week of daily use, and I will continue to see how it goes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users