• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo

American here, really interested in getting involved

American school

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Devil's Advocate

• 1 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 12:23 AM

So I've always had an interest in the general idea of immortality, but in my experience it's been generally left in the realm of science fiction. It's only recently that I've begun reading up on the work people are doing on the subject, and the idea that the work on it can begin now. All the information's a little overwhelming at this point, since I know there's several different avenues of approach to the idea of immortality, and I'm trying to determine which one would realistically hold the most promise.

Anyway, I recently left the military, which means I get free college with a housing allowance, which is pretty awesome. Unfortunately I'm not sure of what I could study. I was thinking of maybe going for an education that could somehow get me involved in some of these areas. Does anyone have any recommendations of any schools or subjects that would be a good investment to someone interested in this subject?

#2 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 01:27 AM

Look through and post here: http://www.longecity...um/362-careers/

PM me and or send me your skype and I can help direct you to helpful places and people from there too if you want.

In general, of course, look for things in marketing, and or things related to bio-gerontology. The related fields with in and surrounding bio-gerontology are pretty expansive.

#3 Droplet

• Life Member, Advisor Honorary Advisor
  • 6,772 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 03:49 PM

Don't forget that even if you're not pursuing a career related to life extension, there are still projects like the Art Tean and Outreach team that you can partake in. :) Brokenportal could probably provide you with a myriad of other extra ways to help too.

sponsored ad

• Advert

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: American, school

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users