Photo

ALCAR-Arginate available at BAC!

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#31 stellar

• Topic Starter
  • 366 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 02:03 AM

I'm presently taking 0.5g ALCAR + 0.5g ALCAR Arginate + 0.5g Carnosine + 0.5g K-RALA twice daily.

That looks like a great stack [thumb]

No B-Complex, choline, Omega 3's or 'racetams?

#32 nootropi

• 1,207 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 03:01 AM

Oooh, ooh, I grew a neurite!! 
[thumb]

LOL... I don't expect to feel anything except slightly stimulated (which I already do from regular ALCAR). 

However, If I notice anything I'll let you know. 

I'm presently taking 0.5g ALCAR + 0.5g ALCAR Arginate + 0.5g Carnosine + 0.5g K-RALA twice daily.

Read this lemon!

Take care.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#33 lemon

• 389 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 04:34 AM

Cosmos,

Hell no. I take Life Extension Mix, Super Booster (both of which are not a bad deal if you purchace them in the Super sale still going on 'till the 31st) and a whole range of noots (p'tam, ani, pyritinol, alpha-GPC, Huper, vinpo, bacopa, hydergine, deprynyl...) along with PS, idebenone (research overwelmingly states this is positive regardless of what the people at Advanced Orthomolecular Research say (who I might add don't even think p'tam is a good idea!!! Credibility = 0). I also take benfotiamine, pyridoxamine, creatine, whey protein and the aforementioned alcar/carnosine/lipoic acid stack.

#34 lemon

• 389 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 04:37 AM

...and oh yeah, I also take a couple of tablespoons of ground flax seed supplying 2.5g of Omega 3s. [thumb]

#35 nootropi

• 1,207 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 04:43 AM

Cosmos,

Hell no.  I take Life Extension Mix, Super Booster (both of which are not a bad deal if you purchace them in the Super sale still going on 'till the 31st) and a whole range of noots (p'tam, ani, pyritinol, alpha-GPC, Huper, vinpo, bacopa, hydergine, deprynyl...) along with PS, idebenone (research overwelmingly states this is positive regardless of what the people at Advanced Orthomolecular Research say (who I might add don't even think p'tam is a good idea!!!  Credibility = 0).  I also take benfotiamine, pyridoxamine, creatine, whey protein and the aforementioned alcar/carnosine/lipoic acid stack.

Why is ORTHOMOLECULAR in red large type? Just curious...

#36 lemon

• 389 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 08:56 AM

They only consider orthomolecular molecules.

#37 nootropi

• 1,207 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 05:24 PM

...don't even think p'tam is a good idea!!!  Credibility = 0. 

I read AORsupport himself saying very clearly that he has taken piracetam.

Once again, I think it is really important to make sure that the piracetam we ingest HAS NO CONTAMINANTS (it has to get tested). Lemon, is your piracetam FREE from contaminants? Are you sure?

#38 scottl

• 2,177 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 05:46 PM

HOw abotu a better question...is your piracetam...effective? I've run across this comment before:

"Distribution: Piracetam is available most commonly in 400mg, 600mg, 800mg and 1200mg tablets, and in an oral liquid form. Trade name preparations include Avigilen, Axonyl, Braintop, Cerebroforte TM, Cerebropan, Cerebrosteril TM, Cerebryl, Cerepar N, Cetam, Ciclofalina, Cuxabrain TM, Enctrop, Flavis, Gabacet, Genogris, Geram, Geratam, Memo Puren TM, Noodis, Nootrop, Nootropyl, Normabrain, Norzetam, Novocetam, Pirabene, Piracebral TM, Piracetrop, Psycoton and Sinapsan.

Notes: While some of the generic forms of Piracetam may be acceptable, generic Piracetam may be a "hit or miss" affair. "

http://www.giampapai...r.htm#PIRACETAM

#39 AORsupport

• 84 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 06:27 PM

I take  ... idebenone (research overwelmingly states this is positive regardless of what the people at Advanced Orthomolecular Research say

I am not aware of any evidence that idebenone is safe in normal, healthy humans, and as repeatedly documented in the past there is plenty of reason to believe that it may increase mitochondrial free radical production, which would lead to premature aging. If you have documentation to the contrary, I would be interested to see it.

(who I might add don't even think p'tam is a good idea!!!  Credibility = 0).

If you have gained that impression, then either my expression was not sufficiently clear or your memory is a little bit blurred. I have affirmed the entire class of pyroglutamate analogs to be highly safe compounds. What I have suggested is that people should experiment with pyroglutamate itself, rather than its xenobiotic analogs, as it can for most people provide the same benefits while enjoying the extra assurance of being an orthomolecule. Eg,

It also contains pyroglutamic acid, which you may prefer to its xenobiotic analogs as a true orthomolecule (if that factors into your risk:benefit analysis).

http://www.imminst.o...t=0

My personal bias is for orthomolecules over xenobiotics, so I would favor pyroglutamate over the drug analogs. However, beyond that, which nootropics to use -- individually or in combination -- would really be a matter of experimentation and personal priorities and habits. For instance, if you use nootropics only rarely for an immediate 'hit,' it seems anecdotally that aniracetam might be best, but clearly YMMV; piracetam or pyroglutamate would be better for chronic use because the latter is an orthomolecule and the former is the one with the most extensive human and experimental use.

http://www.imminst.o...t=0

And, very explicitly I thought (although you may, of course, have missed this one):

Since safety is your (sensible) concern: for long-term use, consider pyroglutamic acid instead, which is orthomolecular. Of course, this whole class of compounds certainly seems to be very safe; this is just extra caution.

http://www.imminst.o...733

Emphasis added.

Sorry for any previous confusion on this point.

Why is ORTHOMOLECULAR in red large type?  Just curious...

They only consider orthomolecular molecules.

That isn't true. Heck, it's not even the case that AOR only sells orthomolecules: we sell plenty of herbs, and some "tweaked" compounds. However, we certainly favor orthomolecules over xenobiotics (including xenobiotic boranicals) when similar benefits can be obtained, particularly for otherwise healthy life extensionists.

To your health!

AOR

#40 pinballwizard

• Life Member
  • 317 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 09:22 PM

However, we certainly favor orthomolecules over xenobiotics (including xenobiotic boranicals) when

orthomolecules = molecules relating to a theory that disease and especially mental illness may be cured by restoring the optimum amounts of such molecules normally present in the body, such as vitamins and minerals.
xenobiotics = A chemical which is not a natural component of the living organism exposed to it.
xenobiotic boranicals = xenobiotic botanicals mispelled (herbs etc) (??)

#41 AORsupport

• 84 posts

Posted 28 January 2005 - 04:34 PM

orthomolecules = molecules relating to a theory that disease and especially mental illness may be cured by restoring the optimum amounts of such molecules normally present in the body, such as vitamins and minerals.
xenobiotics = A chemical which is not a natural component of the living organism exposed to it.

Oops. Yes: "botanicals."

I tried editing the post, but I'm getting uneditable gobbledygook instead. I guess the typo stands.[ang]

AOR

#42 pinballwizard

• Life Member
  • 317 posts

Posted 28 January 2005 - 10:07 PM

Oops. Yes: "botanicals."

I tried editing the post, but I'm getting uneditable gobbledygook instead. I guess the typo stands.[ang]

AOR

No worries, I think a little bit of a mea culpa from Lemon is more in order for the mistatements. Afterall, you promote benfotiamine and that is xenobiotic or a tweeked molecule as far as I know.

#43 ejdavis1

• 92 posts

Posted 28 January 2005 - 10:10 PM

I just picked up my fraction of Nootropi's kilo of ALCAR arginate. It smells similar to the ALCAR I am used to, but tastes worse.

I used to cap ALCAR but I take so much that it is more efficient for me to mix it in water. Fortunately, flavored whey powders mask the taste well.

#44 lemon

• 389 posts

Posted 28 January 2005 - 10:24 PM

As far as I'm concerned AOR does not belong on the Nootropic board. AOR does not endorse the use of Piracetam. AOR supports the use of the products they sell instead.

AOR should be kicked out of this board. Shame on ImmInst for selling it's members out.

• Lurker

Posted 28 January 2005 - 11:25 PM

lemon, I don't think you appreciate the contribution of AORSupport on this board. He has not pressured us to buy his products, and he contributes rationally to discussions about nootropics.

#46 4jacques

• 13 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 01:28 AM

What is the percent of ALCAR and and Arginate HCL per gram?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#47 4jacques

• 13 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 09:15 PM

Okay, so BAC does not deliver to the UK, and nootropi told me he only wants one fourth a kilo. Can anybody Alcar Arginate and ship it to the UK for me and want 3/4 of a a kilo (I think the cost is $200 per kilo).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users